longest youve ever slept in - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-21-2003, 11:38 AM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kieran McConville
Naps are great and seriously should be made more socially acceptable. Nearly all office-type workers should be encouraged to have a brief nap of some kind in early afternoon, when the body is at its lowest ebb. They'd be a hell of a lot better off all round. Of course if you work from home you just take the nap. Ha.
Naps can work wonders, although I have the hardest damn time taking them! I have to be so dead tired that I can barely stand up in order to fall asleep. If I'm just pretty tired it won't work. It's weird. I wish I could take them more easily.

Old 01-21-2003, 12:13 PM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:11 PM
after going to bed at about midnight, i woke up at quarter to 2 once, since sleeping that long was with no real reason, it was pretty bad...

towards the end of last semester i became damn near nocturnal, i'd go to sleep at 6 am and get up to go to classes (or on days when i had an 8 am class, i'd go to sleep when i got back), go back to bed, and then sleep til about 7:30 in the evening...

but recently, since i haven't had anywhere to go or any set shcedule to follow, i've been going to bed at 4 am and getting up at quarter to 2 pm...or not, cos it's only a bit after noon now and iv'e been up for a while...i'm not sure anymore...

Old 01-21-2003, 01:03 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:11 AM
Last time I had a nap, was while I was telphoning. I simply fell asleep.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:06 PM   #49
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:11 PM
I was so hung over this Sunday from a wedding I went to on Saturday that I woke up at 5:15PM. I did not even go to bed that late, but I did ake up at 8:00 to throw up the bottle of Jack Daniels I *supposedly* drank at the wedding...
Old 01-21-2003, 02:11 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:11 AM
A sllep-in? It's so long ago, i can't remember.
These days if I make 5 am it's reason to celebrate( I usally wake at about 4 am...symptom of old age, "up with the Hare Krishnas" is my saying ..earlier than sparrows even think about it).Even if I go along to see the band, which entails getting home at about 3-4am I still wake up very early. If I doze I feel so groggy and headachey and awful. It's best to get "up and at 'em, rise and shine" and also to let hub finish his "beauty sleep". I do sneak back at about 6- 6-30 am...his "solar-powered alarming clock".

I think siesta's/power-naps are a great idea if your lifestyle allows.( especially in our climate) I allow myself the luxury of a read in the mid-afternoon and sleep deeply for 10-15 minutes. Any longer than that and it's the groggy/headachey/ grumpy thing.I work woth my REM's and sleep cycles. I did have a bad dream yesterday arvo' though, so that's put me off the idea of a nap somewhat.
And there you have it!Everything you did and did not want to know about my sleeping habits. Aren't you glad you don't live with me!!
Old 01-21-2003, 02:23 PM   #51
BAW
The Flower

Local Time: 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
BAW and nbcrusader, do they really wake up around 5-6am??? I'm in BIG trouble...I love my sleep!
I sleep in til 11-12 if I dont have to get up.
*correction: I used to sleep in til then...
Well, I'm sure you haven't had much sleep lately but it will get better...in 5 or 6 years

Seriously though, like nbcrusader said, every child has different sleep patterns. My youngest was so happy and full of life during his toddler years that he hated to sleep at all...he thought he was going to miss something I guess, just like his mom. He would lay awake for hours past his bedtime, talking to himself, singing, calling for a glass of water. He was usually awake by 5:30 or 6:00 a.m., patting me on the face to get up and start the day with him. There were times when I would get up and find him sitting in the living room with a bowl of cereal he made himself, watching TV...this was when he was 3 or 4.

I don't remember him ever sleeping through the night as a baby. Many nights I remember hearing him chattering to himself at 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning. He didn't wake up and cry, it just seemed like sleep was a waste of time to him.

My oldest on the other hand, started sleeping through the night at 6 or 7 months and has hated getting up early his entire 17 years of life. He will sleep 24 hours straight if I let him.

But, you may get lucky...I know lots of people who have babies that sleep through the night and don't wake up until 8:00 or 9:00 a.m.
Old 01-21-2003, 02:34 PM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

ahhh 1981 BC*, I remember those days
*BC = Before Children.
Babies teach you a new appreciation of time...and sleep.
aww Angela. You are so lucky.
BAW, youe 17yo sounds like my 14 yo....never known someone to sleep so much. The 2003 Australian school year commences next week. I have to start putting him in training to be awake and ready by 7.30 am. He staggers off in a daze.

I love to watch the sun rise over the sea. LOVE IT!! I live in a valley here amongst tall trees, no sunrise , no sunset..gosh I miss it( sensory deprivation I call it). I was at my parents place earlier in the week and had one of those magic moments I love. As the red sun rose in the east., the glowing golden moon set in the west. The 3 spheres. Refreshes the spirit.
Mornin' Natalie, beautiful girl, be good for mummy
Old 01-21-2003, 02:35 PM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

hey BAW...you and I have almost the same number of posts...and children...and favourite band cool
Old 01-21-2003, 04:06 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

ouizy your avatar still looks hungover.
Old 01-21-2003, 04:11 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

naps are wonderful. this interim i have class from 8:30-noon with a 30 min chapel break. since i stay up until 3 or 4am, i usually take a nap during chapel break and a nap after lunch. two a day. it suits me just fine. i think college really teaches naps...
Old 01-21-2003, 04:31 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:11 PM
Does the after effect of Tylenol PM count? I slept at 0700 and woke up at 2000H.

Oh SF, I can't help but stare at your avatar.