Live Earth on the Mall in D.C.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Slipstream said:
Roger Waters was absolutely incredible and I was practically in tears it was so amazing. Wow!! Awesome.

As you can tell I'm a Floyd fan.

Ya

he sounded amazing as well :rockon:

I gotta see him live!! :(

Slipstream said:
Roger Waters was absolutely incredible and I was practically in tears it was so amazing. Wow!! Awesome.

As you can tell I'm a Floyd fan.

Did you see the people in the audience doing the crossed arms/hammer thing during that little bit of In The Flesh?! :love:

Oh man, I can't get over it. It was so fucking awesome. It was soooooo worth sitting through all the other shit to get to that performance.

Are Bono/Edge friends with Sting? It seems like they tease him regularly, so it might be a stretch for them to show up to play with the Police.

My suspicion is that Al Gore will play tambourine or some such thing.

GibsonGirl said:

Did you see the people in the audience doing the crossed arms/hammer thing during that little bit of In The Flesh?! :love:

Oh man, I can't get over it. It was so fucking awesome. It was soooooo worth sitting through all the other shit to get to that performance.

And I won't be able to see the damn thing in its entirely until it goes up on youtube. :angry:

xaviMF22 said:

Ya

he sounded amazing as well :rockon:

I gotta see him live!! :(

Xavi, you've got exactly a week to get to Toronto. :wink: It might be his last show ever... :(

U2DMfan said:

The point is, to try and make a change in the world.

What or how do these concerts expect to make a change in the world?

It's not about Iraq, of course, the point is, if you want to grab ahold of the conscience of people, in this day and era, maybe you should have something quite concrete. In case I might show you deaths, how can you alleviate them, it's cause and effect.

In this era, we lose soldiers and innocent citizens for no good reason, so what measures can you help us to ensure that this doesnt happen again? What about global climate change?
Where are the facts? What can help us save lives?
If we are here, we are trying to preserve the planet and lives.

These answers are quite crap at this point.
You tell me what I can do to help.
These answers aren't very good at this point.
That's what I am saying.

well that's the thing this concerts won't change the world, neither live aid and live8 did, they are important in music history but just that, sure they raise awareness but at the end of they day most people won't do a thing about it, it's up the our government to change the world, not musicians

LemonMelon said:

And I won't be able to see the damn thing in its entirely until it goes up on youtube. :angry:

WHAT? That's bullshit! You guys haven't been able to see it? Canada has been great for coverage of Live Earth. Every single event was broadcasted on satellite and cable.

GibsonGirl said:

WHAT? That's bullshit! You guys haven't been able to see it? Canada has been great for coverage of Live Earth. Every single event was broadcasted on satellite and cable.

:yes: I just get basic cable, and CTV has been playing the concerts all day today.

xaviMF22 said:

say it ain't so :(

are you going? :wink:

gotta start saving some cash :mad:

Nah, I can't. :( It cost a fortune to see the show in Ottawa last month. I've seen him twice already, I'm satisfied. And I don't think Toronto could top Ottawa for me anyway.

Save Xavi, save! You still have time.

For a second I thought Billy Wagner was coming into pitch. Ah, "Enter Sandman..."

I love the police but, it's a bit anticlimatic for them to close the show after Roger Waters...

Mofo said:

well that's the thing this concerts won't change the world, neither live aid and live8 did, they are important in music history but just that, sure they raise awareness but at the end of they day most people won't do a thing about it, it's up the our government to change the world, not musicians

Yeah, I shouldn't have added the latest death toll to this thread, for sure.
Poor decision.

My only wish is that poeple try and take this communatative feeling and turn it into something greater.

My point was and is, that life is more than frivalous, and I'd be better served to bide by my own advice.

I've had a good time today, hope I didn't infringe on yours.

Everybody just have a good time and let if fly.

LET IT FLY

You couldn't close a show with Roger Waters. Despite your devotion to him, I'd bet half of America would say, "huh"? unless prompted that he was with Pink Floyd.

Whereas the Police are a brand name here.

"Roxxxx--anne!"

Mofo said:
I love the police but, it's a bit anticlimatic for them to close the show after Roger Waters...

Agreed, he should have closed the show. The Police sound good, but the three of them combined don't have the showmanship of Roger.

silvrlvr said:
You couldn't close a show with Roger Waters. Despite your devotion to him, I'd bet half of America would say, "huh"? unless prompted that he was with Pink Floyd.

Whereas the Police are a brand name here.

"Roxxxx--anne!"

Psh. :wink:

GibsonGirl said:

Nah, I can't. :( It cost a fortune to see the show in Ottawa last month. I've seen him twice already, I'm satisfied. And I don't think Toronto could top Ottawa for me anyway.

Save Xavi, save! You still have time.

I'm gonna try!!

I must see him live :mad:

GibsonGirl said:

Wow that was awesome! I'm getting the dvd just for those four songs...I'm fuckin blow away.

Roger Waters should have closed the show I was thinking too. The pig, the kids, an iconic song...it's obvious.

LemonMelon said:

Same here. They still haven't showed even a clip of Roger or The Police. How long ago were their sets because it's something like 3 AM in London?! Instead all I am getting is the deep intellectual thoughts of MTV VJs. :(

nah you didn't infringe on mine U2DMFAN, it's all good, but it did seem out of place the thing about Iraq

well I guess Brick on the Wall is a bit more epic than Roxanne or Everybreath You take in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom