Led Zeppelin, Large And Live - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
Register Premium Upgrade Blogs Gallery Arcade FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2003, 12:53 AM   #46
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:01 AM
LOL. I've been busy. Thumbs up, eh? sweet.

Old 06-13-2003, 01:06 AM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

My husband bought the DVD set yesterday when I picked up HTTT. I gotta say, I've been converted.

Jimmy Page

And with my very own Danelectro in the mail on its way to me, how can I not become a Led Zeppelin fan?

I can't wait to watch some more of it. Plus check out the new sig. When he said that, I thought, "New Sig!"

Old 06-13-2003, 01:08 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:01 AM
Nice.

and yes, Jimmy Page bowing is a prerequisite for this thread.

Another one converted to dancing the Misty Mountain Hop.

Exceptional
Old 06-13-2003, 01:14 AM   #49
New Yorker

I had the DVD in my hands tonight, but I put it down and bought a Wilco CD instead. I will get that DVD, but I'm wondering if I can pay less than $22.95 for it.

lol at the Jimmy Page , HeartlandGirl.
Old 06-14-2003, 12:24 AM   #50
Babyface

I must say that this is the finest music DVD that I own. Led Zeppelin was an amazing band. Jimmy Page is a guitar virtuoso. It is nice to finally have concert footage that does justice to the passion and grace displayed by these four musicians. It's just too bad that Zeppelin died with Bonzo. Now all we have are the memories.
Old 06-14-2003, 01:13 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler
lol at the Jimmy Page , HeartlandGirl.
Let's just say I never appreciated Led Zeppelin until I learned to play guitar. There are a million miles between "I can play a little" and what Jimmy Page can do. Even most people who can play really well don't compare.

So yes, I am a convert. And yes, I bow down to Jimmy. I hope you all will welcome me to the congregation.
Old 06-14-2003, 03:12 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl
Let's just say I never appreciated Led Zeppelin until I learned to play guitar. There are a million miles between "I can play a little" and what Jimmy Page can do. Even most people who can play really well don't compare.
Excellent point. That's how I got hardcore into Zeppelin... most of the time you can't truly appreciate music until you try to play it. A lot of non-fans say that the sound is too cluttered with guitar solos... but when you start listening for the little tricks Page does, it's just amazing.

Welcome to the cult Heartland Girl. We shall dub you a new name... Zsa Zsa.

Old 06-14-2003, 04:06 AM   #53
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl

I'm really going to have to fall inline and agree with you and Cujo completely on this. Jimmy Page blows me away by how he can let loose with some of the greatest blues/rock solos and riffs, and then play the most amazing acoustic song you've ever heard. Simply amazing. It's funny, but I never bought any of their cd's until I started to play guitar, so I totally understand where you're coming from.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:14 AM   #54
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:01 PM

hmmm so what do we have here.
Old 06-14-2003, 05:48 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by cujo
Welcome to the cult Heartland Girl. We shall dub you a new name... Zsa Zsa.

I like it!

Old 06-20-2003, 05:52 PM   #56
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I've come to the conclusion that Kashmir is one of Zeppelin's best live songs. The main riff is simple, but awesome. If you get a chance to see the performance on DVD, they really recreate the studio quality of the song flawlessly... and even expand upon it.

The echoing drums and rhythm by Jones is well worth however long the song may go.

Kashmir
Old 06-21-2003, 12:13 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo
How sad is it that so few people here like Led Zeppelin?

They are hands down one of the absolute greatest rock bands of all time. They seriously have so many fantastic songs. Fantastic songs up the ying yang you could say.

Seriously people, if you've never looked into them too mcuh, you NEED to. GREAT stuff.
I do! I'm getting this DVD! This band was almost called the New Yardbirds! They were called Led Zeppelin after Keith Moon claimed they'd go over like a lead balloon. They changed the word balloon to "Zeppelin" and the rest is history. I love these guys.
Old 07-01-2003, 08:54 PM   #58
Refugee

I've only listened to Disc 1 of the new album so far but it is beyond phenomenal. I've seen Page and Plant, and they were amazing, but listening to this music makes me sad that Bonham died just after I was born. Without him, no Led Zeppelin, period.

I'd liked them for a long time, and I became a major fan just after high school. They are in my top five bands, and the only music that gets into my top five is music I consider beautiful, because that's my top criteria. Led Zeppelin's music is also fun, raucous, scary, insane, and a host of other things, but they created such beautiful sounds. Both when they were being light, and when they were being heavy--what other band has ever had such a perfect name? It's the most visceral music ever created. I'm not certain I would call them my favourite band, but I tend to think that they were the greatest band of all time, and that we will not see their like again.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:17 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

one person who deserves some recognition here is john paul jones.
apart from being an amazing bassist, (listen to "the lemon song", "ramble on", and "what is and what should never be" from led zeppelin II), an amazing keyboardist, ("your time is gonna come", "no quarter", "fool in the rain"), he was also an accomplished arranger and studio musician way before zeppelin. if you look at his discography you will be amazed.
he was also an incredible arranger who was responsible for many key zeppelin moments, such as:
the strings in kashmir
the main theme on recorder for stairway to heaven
the riff for black dog
and many many others.
hats off to jonesy
Old 07-01-2003, 11:26 PM   #60
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO

hats off to jonesy
Jonesy

Bass players always tend to get overlooked--the other members of a band are flashier, as a rule (unless the bassist is also the lead singer.) Jones just had the misfortune (?) to be the most low-key genius in a band of four geniuses.

Tags
led zeppelin