KTCL sucks!! - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-18-2005, 03:39 PM   #1
War Child

Local Time: 01:14 AM
KTCL sucks!!

so they did the top 93.3 songs of the 90's today (for 93.3). i voted earlier this week, and there were like 20 u2 songs on the ballot. i listened all day today and did not here a single u2 song. needless to say i was pretty upset. anyway, here were the top 10.

1.When I Come Around Green Day
2.Smells Like Teen Spirit Nirvana
3.Basket Case Green Day
4.Welcome To Paradise Green Day
5.Buddy Holly Weezer
6.Californication Red Hot Chili Peppers
7.What I Got Sublime
8.Come As You Are Nirvana
9.Pretty Fly (for A White Guy) Offspring
10.What's My Age Again ? Blink 182

this list sucks. i really thought that one would be in here at some point. and when i figured green day would get #1, i figured they would at least have good riddance, but when i come around? this is not even the best green day song, let alone the best song of the 90's.

i decided that i don't want to listen to the same station as these morons, so pretty much i'll be listening to kbco (97.3), kcsu (90.5), and the mountain (99.5) from now on. this is sad because ktcl used to be awesome. the music on that station kept me alive through some tough times in middle and high school. i guess that part of my life is over now.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:14 AM
Perhaps part of the problem is that there were 20 U2 songs listed. Everyone has different favorites and no one (or two) gets enough votes to make it in. It would be interesting to know how many votes U2 got altogether.

Besides, it's just a popularity contest. I've never put much stock in popularity contests myself.

Old 02-18-2005, 05:16 PM   #3
Refugee

How do you have .3 of a song?
Old 02-18-2005, 06:30 PM   #4
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Perhaps part of the problem is that there were 20 U2 songs listed. Everyone has different favorites and no one (or two) gets enough votes to make it in. It would be interesting to know how many votes U2 got altogether.

Besides, it's just a popularity contest. I've never put much stock in popularity contests myself.
that's a good call, except i would guess that most people who were voting would have looked at the list and been like "zoo station, zooropa, wtf?" and been like hey "one, mysterious ways" i know them, click.

plus in the voting, you weren't limited to how many songs you could pick, you just went through the list and clicked what you wanted. conceivably, you could have voted for every song on the list.

i also don't think the number should have hurt them, green day had at least ten songs on the list.

oh well, i'll just listen to kbco. it seems like you can't go an hour without hearing a different (and deeper) u2 song. in the last couple days i have heard all i want is you, miracle drug, and one tree hill, after an approximate total of an hour and a half of listening.

oh good call on the .3 of a song. it took me a minute to catch what you meant LOL. i guess maybe they just rounded down, but now that i think of it, i feel even more short changed
Old 02-19-2005, 12:41 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

who cares?
Old 02-19-2005, 02:17 AM   #6
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by alia612
How do you have .3 of a song?
You've apparently never heard a Blink-182 song before.
Old 02-19-2005, 12:32 PM   #7
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
who cares?
it's not that i care. it's just that it makes me question whether life is worth living if my radio station is not worth listening to. for a while i had decided it wasn't. that was the original reason i posted.

after that i realized that there are other radio stations out there, and that maybe i could go on. but then again, who really knows if there even is an "out there". what if all of this is happening inside my head? what if i just made the whole thing up? what if i'm not really sitting here right now?

some might say they don't believe in heaven, but go tell it to the man who lives in hell.

some may say that you all out there will provide me with something that can prove an external reality to me. someone outside of me is responding to me. but for all i know, everyone here is just the random fumblings of the inner workings of my computer, designed by microsoft to provide me with a computer driven sense of self. if that's the case where does that leave me?

i'm scared, lonely, and confused, and worst of all, my favorite radio station has deserted me in my time of need. so i guess that's why i care.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:31 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by typhoon

You've apparently never heard a Blink-182 song before.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:25 PM   #9
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:14 AM
6.Californication Red Hot Chili Peppers

the only good band / song on this shit list!!!!!!!!
Old 02-20-2005, 12:35 AM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

blink 182's last album was ten times better than most of the shit that's been talked about on this forum lately.
Old 02-20-2005, 01:07 AM   #11
Jesus Online

Local Time: 06:14 PM
KTCL is the station on that song about the kid from a broken home.

/contribution to thread
Old 02-20-2005, 04:58 PM   #12
Refugee

Local Time: 10:14 AM
i like nirvana

see me raging
Old 02-20-2005, 05:39 PM   #13
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 02:14 AM
that is a shit list. impressively shit.

keep your dial on 93.3 and move to hamilton ontario and you can listen to my show on wednesday mornings!
Old 02-20-2005, 05:43 PM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:14 AM
Yeah. I've seen some bad lists, but this one tops it.
There's only one genre going on in it. I wouldn't trust a list of top ten that draws from just one musical style.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:40 PM   #15
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
blink 182's last album was ten times better than most of the shit that's been talked about on this forum lately.
Yeah, everyone says that. I've only heard the singles, so I won't even pretend I'm credible, but I think it's funny everyone thinks they've made some gigantic evolution just because they've left the dick jokes out this time. It's like they set the bar so low with their first run of albums that anything they come out with now will sound amazing.