Kholat Syakhl, Russia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_212 said:
It's not hard

She's a hot stepping hemi with a four on the floor
She's a roadrunner engine in a '32 Ford
Late at night when I'm dead on the line
I swear I think of your pretty face when I let her unwind
Well look over yonder see them city lights
Come on little dolly 'n' go ramroddin' tonight

Everything that guy sings about is tinged with sex

No, not really. While there's a lot of imagery with girls, cars, youth, etc. it never really feels like it's just about sex (of course, the song you quoted is an exception). It's more romanticism than anything else, at least on a lot of his early stuff.

:lmao: on Wings For Wheels (the DVD about the making of Born to Run) Bruce is talking about tenth ave, and he goes, I Still have no idea what a tenth avenue freeze out is, but it's important.

I've never heard a man from Jersey who sounded more southern than Springsteen. Especially in his later albums. Livin' in the Future was such a breath of fresh air.

phanan said:

No, not really. While there's a lot of imagery with girls, cars, youth, etc. it never really feels like it's just about sex (of course, the song you quoted is an exception). It's more romanticism than anything else, at least on a lot of his early stuff.

No I agree, just sometimes he really throws in some shady lyrics. But for the most part everything he sings is beautiful. Just SOMETIMES it's smutty :lol:

phillyfan26 said:
Today officially marks two years on the board for me.
happy forum birthday
fete.gif

phanan said:
I actually got scolded today because it was noticed that I've been online a lot lately. :lol:
:lol: either my department doesn't care, or there's people at my employer worse than me! i mean, i have a friend in the it department, but it's not like i ask him to erase my records or anything. so it's not like he's getting me out of anything.

they say they monitor everything, but....:knocks on wood: :records song about said action:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom