Kandahār, Afghanistan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I love Ghost Reveries so far . Definitely my kind of music. They're a band I could go see live right away, without knowing the songs.. and completely enjoy myself.

... a 2009 U2 release? Auuuugh. Patience... must.have.patience.

Well I love Ghost Reveries so far . Definitely my kind of music. They're a band I could go see live right away, without knowing the songs.. and completely enjoy myself.

... a 2009 U2 release? Auuuugh. Patience... must.have.patience.

Awesomeness. I was most thrilled to see Bleak, the song with SW on Blackwater Park, in the Tokyo set. And fuckin' Serenity Painted Death from Still Life. I love Still Life. You will too.

And I'm not yet buying that 2009 thing. Given the way Bono was cranking the album earlier this month, I'd say it's going to come before Christmas. 2009 is inexcusable at this stage.

On review, it was two glasses of white and the better part of a bottle of cab sav in relatively short order.

Wish I knew how I hurt my toe.

Well, that'd explain why your typing collapsed so fast. Did you pass out?

And the toe might be from running around naked in fear of zombies.

And I'm not yet buying that 2009 thing. Given the way Bono was cranking the album earlier this month, I'd say it's going to come before Christmas. 2009 is inexcusable at this stage.

Such a quick turnabout from 2006....

Oh wait, that wasn't a new album--that was beach clips.

Eh, same thing, really.

Such a quick turnabout from 2006....

Oh wait, that wasn't a new album--that was beach clips.

Eh, same thing, really.

:lol:

This is absurd. Can you seriously think of any other band that's been this slow? Because I can't.

Hours of Wealth is a fucking beautiful song.

I'm all about the track before it, Reverie/Harlequin Forest.

The only Ghost Reveries song in the Tokyo setlist was The Baying Of The Hounds. Oh, and this may mean nothing to you, but they did THE NIGHT AND THE SILENT WATER. Good GOD, guys. :drool:

:lol:

This is absurd. Can you seriously think of any other band that's been this slow? Because I can't.

Guns and Roses. Hell, Ours took 7 years to put out their newest album, and they still have more original releases in the 00s than U2 currently have.

So, who's the bigger lightweight.. me or Ian?

Still you. Though Reggo may just be a bigger lightweight! She was completely loopy off over-the-counter painkiller medication a couple of threads ago.

I did make a conscious decision to go to bed. My last post was me saying bye!

I think I must have kicked my chair at some stage, because I was wearing clothes when I woke up.

I think your last post was you mashing the keyboard with your face, actually.

Guns and Roses. Hell, Ours took 7 years to put out their newest album, and they still have more original releases in the 00s than U2 currently have.

Guns and Roses don't count. :lol:

How come Ours took so bloody long? I just thought of one example from the bands I like, Orphaned Land, whose last album came in 2004 and their next one has been expected since late 2007 but may not come until next year now, but they have an excuse: they're Israeli and keep getting fucked around by 1. the turmoil in that part of the world and 2. the authorities aren't so keen on death metal. U2? They should be able to spit out an album in luxury and comfort in a couple of months.

Rumours that songs from the Rubin sessions survived though...

All my life :drool:

I want that song to be on there so much!

Yeah, I really hope All My Life and I Believe surface in some form, as I think they're the two best beach clips.

I sincerely hope that awful Thank You song dies a hideous death, though.

I saw Deliverance (the Opeth album not the SQUEAL LIKE A PIGGY movie) at the second hand shop today, but didn't get it.

Why didn't I get it?

I have no idea.

:tsk:

It has Master's Apprentices, one of the greatest Opeth songs ever. And that's another one of the tracks they did in Tokyo! Seriously, I'm so excited after that set; I'll flip if they play even half of it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom