It's so cold that...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

popacrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
School got cancelled for tomorrow... and its 6:40 here.

Wind chills up to -40- -50 tonight in Connecticut where I am... 56 schools have either delayed or closed already.

its cold. but theres no school. so bring on the arctic blasts:yes:

It's supposed to get to 0 on Long Island--a new record for coldness--and will feel about -20 degrees with the wind chill factor.

I'm supposed to go to Manhattan tomorrow but will probably leave more toward the mid-morning or noon or so.

What's really worrisome is it's been so cold that the roads are supposedly extremely icy. There is nothing good about driving on icy roads!

All this winter weather just complicates everyone's lives!:grumpy:

Cold. :up:

It's been freakishly warm in Colorado lately. But I know the temprature is going to drop, because it always is freezing when I have to go to school, so that I end up sick. :|

AvsGirl41 said:
Cold. :up:

It's been freakishly warm in Colorado lately. But I know the temprature is going to drop, because it always is freezing when I have to go to school, so that I end up sick. :|

Whaaa??!! Really? It's been frickin' freezing to your immediate south this last couple weeks. I hate having to be outside longer than 1 minute.

Yes!! It's been positively balmy this week! I was able to walk around in t-shirts...no fleece to be seen!

Today it was all cloudy and cold, so our tropical times are going to end...which means I have to fire my cabana boy. :(

well it's 70 here in South Texas, but I'm leaving in an hour to fly up to Hartford Conneticut to drive my Jeep down here......can't say I'm really looking forward to the extreme temperatures right now, I've only been in Texas since Dec 23 (from Vermont) so I got comfortable immediately with the high 70's/low 60's temperatures.........

i dont mind the cold since i like winter and ive been skiing since i was 2 and a half...

but its just a tad chilly when the wind chill is -40 over night

I can't wait for summer!! I'm ready to move to Florida, too. This is brutal! -10F this morning, without the wind chill, which brings it to -40F. :shocked: :crack: :crazy:

They cancelled nearly 350 schools in MA cuz of it.

I still had work though :angry:

This picture is from boston.com
29.jpg

:up:

<~~ lives in West Michigan.

Anyone know of some good cities to live in, SOUTH of Tennessee?

I HATE WINTER SO :censored: MUCH!!! There's not ONE thing I like: I hate snow, ice, skating, skiing, cold, dry, itchy, wind. I'm so sick of hearing "Lake effect". Everything is uncomfortable and slushy shitty dirty looking. I'm moving SOUTH!:mad:

Last edited:
Atlanta is having a heat wave compared to that shit up north and in the midwest. come down to sultry south where the temps are in the 40's!

Justified said:
Atlanta is having a heat wave compared to that shit up north and in the midwest. come down to sultry south where the temps are in the 40's!

For the last two years I've been thinking about moving to Atlanta when I'm done with school. Atlanta or somewhere near the coast of Florida...

It was so cold last week that when I was walking to lunch with my friends after class I had a claw hand after using my umbrella, my hand was so cold I couldn't move it and it stayed in the same shape I had it in when I was holding the umbrella, only for a few minutes though.

We've been pretty lucky here upto about 8 celsius. I saw the news of some guy throwing a cup of boiled water up into the air somewhere cold. The boiling water froze while it was going up and it came back down as ice. It was amazing to watch

it actually warmed up to 25 degrees yesterday and we got about 6 inches of snow.

25 degrees :up:
snow :up:

Well today is freaking cold in Edmonton, Canada. according to the weather channel here it's -33c with a wind chill of -45c

Suposed to be cold all week....damn winter!

all temperatures bloew are in fahrenheit or however that's spelled.

apparently it's 16 degrees here now, but with the windchill (my sworn enemy after yesterday when it never felt like it was above 2 degrees even though it made it up to about 15 or so) supposedly makes it feel around 4. yay. this is why i end up not eating dinner, it gets colder at night and i don't want to go out there...

i wonder if my siblings had school today. it was cancelled one day recntly cos of the cold.

oliveu2cm said:
I can't wait for summer!! I'm ready to move to Florida, too. This is brutal! -10F this morning, without the wind chill, which brings it to -40F. :shocked: :crack: :crazy:

They cancelled nearly 350 schools in MA cuz of it.

I still had work though :angry:

This picture is from boston.com
29.jpg

:up:

that looks like a guy i was working with yesterday...minus the pink backpack and furry part of the coat. he had ski goggles on though.

:up: being warm :up:

Back
Top Bottom