Interference Random Music Thread XII: GAF and the Liquid Courage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I'm bored, I'm throwing a new thread idea out there. Draw an album cover in MS Paint.

Exhibit A:

25k23yt.jpg

How many times did I just hear "I'll make videos"?

Impz, I like your idea. You should make a thread for that shiznit, I will make a highly erotic, yet wholesome and educational, album cover. It may or may not involve a musket.

Impz, I like your idea. You should make a thread for that shiznit, I will make a highly erotic, yet wholesome and educational, album cover. It may or may not involve a musket.

Leave your erotica in Mr. Pussy's. People are supposed to guess which album cover you drew.

Well it was supposed to ease everyone into the concept. Oh well, it was a stupid idea in the first place.

That dude is grotesque looking, like something out of a Clive Barker novel.

I need to watch some Rocky and Balls to clear my head after two videos of that trash basket.

I also need to refrain from entering the Michael Hutchence thread and making some sort of autoerotic asphyxiation joke.

Good. Gravy. That's amazing.

Lost in the shuffle of all of this is the fact that INXS were garbage.

They had a handful of good singles and a couple solid albums, but they're far from original or essential. I don't understand how this Shuttlecock Jr. band is somehow cool to play now; I heard Need You Tonight recently at the local hipster bar and was thinking WTF? as they're not even cheesy enough to play ironically (of course, at this same bar, on one of the nights the bartenders were just playing an iPod instead of having a DJ, I heard So Cruel and felt a level of vindication that was almost embarrassing).

If Aussies need anything to validate national pride they'd be better off looking at Midnight Oil. Or Crowded House, who aren't original either but are a lot more impressive than INXS.

I think I meant to type "who is funny" but so be it.

No, your original posting was correct. You can take out the middle part and reduce your sentence down to "one of the few people who are funny" if you want to get a closer look at it. The "funny" is modifying "few people", not "one". I think.

They had a handful of good singles and a couple solid albums, but they're far from original or essential. I don't understand how this Shuttlecock Jr. band is somehow cool to play now; I heard Need You Tonight recently at the local hipster bar and was thinking WTF? as they're not even cheesy enough to play ironically (of course, at this same bar, on one of the nights the bartenders were just playing an iPod instead of having a DJ, I heard So Cruel and felt a level of vindication that was almost embarrassing).

If Aussies need anything to validate national pride they'd be better off looking at Midnight Oil. Or Crowded House, who aren't original either but are a lot more impressive than INXS.

No, your original posting was correct. You can take out the middle part and reduce your sentence down to "one of the few people who are funny" if you want to see why. The "funny" is modifying " few people", not "one". I think.

I have a hard time agreeing with them being garbage, but I also agree with a lot of the above. I own none of their albums but have about 12 of their songs in my collection. Don't Change and The One Thing will always be songs I like hearing.

Midnight Oil >>>>>>> INXS

I usually trust my grammatical instincts despite my not actually knowing grammar rules, not sure why I didn't this time.....so, thanks for explaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom