Interference Random Music Talk Part III: The One Not Ruined by Sofia Coppola

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rhydian is okay; not really a fan of Same Difference at all, I'm glad they didn't win it and become the next Leona, it would of been painful

I'm just hoping the winners of X Factor this year don't butcher Hallelujah, I love that song too much for it to be an X-Factor song and Christmas number 1...

Every song on Who's Next is excellent, except for Getting In Tune which really sucks! :der:

El Mel, I now agree with you that Bargain is one of their best ever! It's grown on me a lot! :drool:

Every song on Who's Next is excellent, except for Getting In Tune which really sucks! :der:

El Mel, I now agree with you that Bargain is one of their best ever! It's grown on me a lot! :drool:

It's that chorus, man. That's some powerful stuff.

Never liked Getting In Tune much either. It's OK. There are too many ballads on that album, so the weaker ones fall to the wayside.

I really like Getting In Tune, actually. I love the flippant opening lyric - "I'm singing this note 'cause it fits in well with the chords I'm playing." That's a vintage Townshend line right there.

Classic rock radio has nearly played that album to death, unfortunately, but the songs are still great.

I bought The Pitchfork 500 while Christmas shopping today.

I would hate myself, but the book is awesome.

Real%20Emotional%20Trash.jpg

This is a GREAT record. I had no expectations whatsoever coming in, but it was awesome. Such great guitar work. As far as straightforward 2008 rock records go, this one beats the Raconteurs' Consolers Of The Lonely IMO.

You're my new favorite, LM.

Spread the fucking gospel!

RAWK of the year, indeed. I love Jack White but Malk can shred circles around him, and make it look so easy.

Baltimore, the title track and Dragonfly Pie FTW.

Real%20Emotional%20Trash.jpg

This is a GREAT record. I had no expectations whatsoever coming in, but it was awesome. Such great guitar work. As far as straightforward 2008 rock records go, this one beats the Raconteurs' Consolers Of The Lonely IMO.

:hi5: Hell yes. About time somebody other than Laz and I listened to this record. :lol:

You're my new favorite, LM.

Spread the fucking gospel!

RAWK of the year, indeed. I love Jack White but Malk can shred circles around him, and make it look so easy.

Baltimore, the title track and Dragonfly Pie FTW.

And it's not just the shredding itself. Jack White uses the same tone and effects on every song these days, while Malkmus diversifies.

If there's one album ever classic rock lover should own from 2008, it's Real Emotional Trash.

And it's not just the shredding itself. Jack White uses the same tone and effects on every song these days, while Malkmus diversifies.

If there's one album ever classic rock lover should own from 2008, it's Real Emotional Trash.

:yes: It's been great to hear Malkmus stretch his guitar playing much farther in his solo albums than he got the chance to do in Pavement. :drool:

I still haven't listened to Dig, Lazarus, DIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111. :lol: Will do that right now.

Great, now I want to buy Real Emotional Trash. I hate all of you assholes so much.

I admittedly haven't enjoyed his post-Pavement work much (with the exception of a few fantastic singles), so I usually shy away from them.

This is the only Malkmus solo record I've heard, and now I want to listen to the first one. I liked his work with Pavement of course, but Real Emotional Trash is a different beast entirely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom