Interference Random Music Talk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, has anyone heard the new The Music Album - Strength In Numbers?

I was a fan of their previous releases, and they are playing a show down my way soon. I'm thinking of going...

Hey guys, has anyone heard the new The Music Album - Strength In Numbers?

I was a fan of their previous releases, and they are playing a show down my way soon. I'm thinking of going...

Not sure what I think of the new single by The Music. I know they kinda fancy themselves and making rock "dance music", but this is even a bit too repetitive for most dance stuff. I just wished it went somewhere more interesting musically. Regardless, look forward to hearing the new album.

YouTube - The Music - Strength In Numbers

The one and only person who I know has heard it told me he likes it quite a bit, or at least as much as their others. Hopefully he's right. I still can't figure out if it's getting a North American release or not, all I can find on Amazon are Imports.

That's a really beautiful song, probably my favorite of Enya's. Mock if you must, but I still own the Watermark and Sheperd Moons CDs, and enjoy putting them on before I go to bed once in a while.

That's a really beautiful song, probably my favorite of Enya's. Mock if you must, but I still own the Watermark and Sheperd Moons CDs, and enjoy putting them on before I go to bed once in a while.

:wink: Nah I do still enjoy Enya. The only CD I have of hers is her greatest hits though, Paint The Sky... I too put it on sometimes at night. My reject smiley was cos I know its not a very respected genre, I guess cos it can get too sweet sometimes? :scratch: whatever... I like her stuff... in small doses. lol.

The easy way to write it off is to call it "music for a girly girl to take a bubble bath by." :wink:

Anything that even might consider wearing the "new age" badge means a lot of people will poo-poo it. I even poo-poo a lot of it, but I'll admit to liking Enya.

Caribbean Blue has such a beautiful video too. :drool:

ETA: Oh wait.. I already posted about this! :der: ;)

Last edited:
I'm listening to Enya right now because of you, Zootsuit. Listening to her always reminds me of when I lived in Japan, listened to her a lot back then for some reason.

I still own some new age cds as well. The Enya best of Zootscootboogy mentioned, 2 or 3 Clannad cds, and a few Vangelis items. Whether they're lame or not, I like 'em. Vangelis in particular.

Now I want to listen to the Atom and His Package song, 'Pumping Iron For Enya'....

love the songs:

The Celts – (wonderful magical vid.)
Carribean Blue – (yes, this video actually does have blue theme in it but my gawd it’s so gorgeous, the big bakers and the boy going into factory, etc. the whole book idea – such a ‘wow’ vid)
Book of Days – and video!
Storms of Africa – (starts soft and becomes quite powerful and uplifting)
On My Way Home – (the train video, love it, LOVE IT! Nice to hear bit of Orinoco Flow lyrics at the end too.)

In the end Enya has loads of beautiful songs :D:D:D
:applaud::up:

Has anyone here heard of Fleet Foxes? They're from Seattle, apparently, although I'd never heard of them until I started hearing their name on the net this past week. The album is getting rave reviews.

I just heard it this morning, and it's fantastic. I'm definitely going to be buying it very soon. Upon first listen, I don't know how I'd describe it. Kind of mellow, great GREAT harmonies, something kind of folksy about it. It's really lovely.

Has anyone here heard of Fleet Foxes? They're from Seattle, apparently, although I'd never heard of them until I started hearing their name on the net this past week. The album is getting rave reviews.

I just heard it this morning, and it's fantastic. I'm definitely going to be buying it very soon. Upon first listen, I don't know how I'd describe it. Kind of mellow, great GREAT harmonies, something kind of folksy about it. It's really lovely.

In my opinion, the EP, Sun Giant, is even better than the album. 'Mykonos' is one of the best songs I've heard so far this year. You should def. check it out too if you like the album, Cori. White Winter Hymnal is a fun song from the album.

Fleet Foxes kinda remind of Midlake mixed with My Morning Jacket.

I heard a few of their songs on MySpace a couple weeks ago. I'm trying to decide if they're too "acoustic-y" for me or not. I'm not really into acoustic, folksy stuff . . . unless it's Bruce and "Nebraska" or "The Ghost of Tom Joad", then I'm ALL on board!!! :D

but you're virile. or something.

Fox_girl.gif

Good question.

Tha Carter III is getting drool-soaked reviews from everyone.

I have a few friends who swear by him and think he's the best thing since bread came sliced...but I've never been all that impressed.

He doesn't seem to be doing anything original. It's a broken-record. Constantly rhyming about being "the best rapper alive" is nothing new and it really doesn't do much for me.

Dr. Carter and Comfortable are the only songs I really like from TC3 so far. Lil Wayne pretty much sucks; his flow is a joke compared to any truly great MC.

Thanks, Cori. I'll check it out. :up:

The following CDs from my amazon wishlist, I can get for $3.99 (+shipping $2.79) right now from the BMG Music Club sale:

r.e.m. - dead letter office/chronic town
tori amos - strange little girls
tom petty - wildflowers
moby - everything is wrong
daft punk - discovery OR homework
david bowie - ziggy stardust...
neil young - decade (although the single disc hits is the one on my wishlist)

But I can only afford 4. Suggestions? :wink:

ETA: I'd like to get the Very Best of Stone Roses too but they don't have it in their club catalog! :madspit:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom