Interference Random Movie Talk Episode IX: Fievel Goes Down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lance - how is the Akira BD?

Pretty spectacular. I don't own it, but I've seen a few scenes from it. Probably as good as that film is ever going to look, I'd wager. I think the Blu-ray.com review complained about the black border around the frame of the picture, but it's honestly not that big a deal.

Also, Paprika looks absolutely stunning. Def picking this one up in my next haul too. As I've only seen this through netflix streaming of all things.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=588&show=review

normal-gunnm-manga-63.jpg

:(

Thanks ass. (No really, this is actually helpful)

In that case, if you'd like to see some different films in there as well:

1. Inglourious Basterds
2. 500 Days of Summer
3. Watchmen
4. Up
5. Star Trek
6. The Brothers Bloom
7. Funny People
8. District 9
9. The Hurt Locker
10. The Girlfriend Experience
11. Moon
12. Public Enemies
13. Observe and Report
14. Adventureland
15. In the Loop
16. Coraline
17. Drag Me to Hell
18. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
19. Whatever Works
20. Two Lovers
21. Taken
22. Brüno
23. The Hangover
24. Land of the Lost
25. I Love You, Man
26. Monsters vs. Aliens
27. Fanboys

--- (Pile of Shit Zone) ---
28. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
29. Terminator: Salvation
30. Obsessed
31. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Glad to see this, since you're gonna have to.

great-expectations-DVDcover.jpg

Bad movie.

Also, WTF YOU SAW OBSESSED?

At a friend's house. :|

It wasn't even good enough to riff on, until the catfight at the end where the chick from Heroes is thrown from an attic. Defend THAT, Kanye.

:|:|:|

20090910_redcliff_560x830.jpg

I'm trying to figure out if this is really talented artwork or just tricksy/weird photoshop work.

In either case, I hope people check this out in theaters this year, despite being a reduced edit of the two Chinese films. John Woo FTW, just the same.

Avatar won't be a failure. And I'll do my list again, recently updated, since all the cool kids are doing it.

1. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
2. Inglourious Basterds
3. Adventureland
4. Post-Grad
5. Up
6. It Might Get Loud
7. I Love You, Man
8. Star Trek

Speaking of which...

emma_watson_telegraph.jpg

I think it's about time I reveal to her the identity of my full-blood prince.

In either case, I hope people check this out in theaters this year, despite being a reduced edit of the two Chinese films. John Woo FTW, just the same.

Is that what they're doing? Fuck it, may as well just buy both DVDs on import and see it the way it's supposed to be experienced.

My old chum wouldn't mind coming to her cabaret, if you get my meaning.

We got this in June. Pretty damn good, the condensing wasn't as jarring as I thought it would be, although there are a fair few "What the Hell did HE come from?" moments due to sub plots getting axed.

I was originally going to do was Laz said and just watch the DVDs, but even with some dodgy CGI this is a film to be seen at the cinema.

We got this in June. Pretty damn good, the condensing wasn't as jarring as I thought it would be, although there are a fair few "What the Hell did HE come from?" moments due to sub plots getting axed.

I was originally going to do was Laz said and just watch the DVDs, but even with some dodgy CGI this is a film to be seen at the cinema.

That's good to hear. I'm glad I watched both full length films back when they were released on Region 3 DVD to get the full experience. But I think it will be a pleasure seeing most of it again on the big screen.

I'd let her suck more than just my soul.

I hope she comes looking for my Philospher's stones.

I'd take her out to BOOM Chicago.

As an FYI to Blu-Ray fannies, picture-wise, Sin City looks amazing in Blu-Ray. Only put it in for a min to check out the picture quality of a number of the movies I recently purchased, but it was easily the stand out.

I stuck in Blade Runner and thought the opening scene looked pretty crappy quality wise, but then I skipped to Harry Fordy eating at that food stand, and that looked amazing. Are some of the scenes considerably better than others, or were my eyes just being overly critical?

And so as to not be left out.......I'd like to Sin in Her-Heiny's City, if you catch my drift.

You're also looking at an opening scene with a ton of miniature effects work and the like that wasn't exactly done with the biggest of production budgets and has undergone a number of remasterings and such over the years, versus a fully realized, shot and lit set scene.

In other news, I went from drinking a good 40 oz. of coffee a day this summer, to the last 4 weeks of not drinking any at all, to drinking three cups of my own brew today for the first time in that period.

And now I feel like my heart is going to explode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom