Interference Fantasy Football

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't gloat, I'm kicking your ass in the league that actually matters, champ.

That's what I mean. Too many starters = having to keep too many bench players.

If someone got hurt now and I had to go looking in the free agent pool for a replacement, there MIGHT be 2 who actually had a chance of starting on Sunday.

It's pretty ridiculous.

Well I guess since I'm kicking your ass in the one you're whining about I guess I'll have to live with that...

I'm not complaining, I just set a team.

Maybe next year you can create 8 email accounts....

that way you can start your own league, play with yourself, & guarantee a winning season.

You can keep calling me "Champ" too; I'm glad you recognize my skillz there playa.

HeartlandGirl said:

Maybe we need a new commish next year? Zoney, perhaps?

I have been thinking about that. Count me in.

We are giving grief to Chiz for being commish, and I hate to do that, but I am still pissed about the whole draft setting thing.

I agree with you Dave! That league right now has nothing to do skills and everything to do with luck! Congrats on your luck Zumanity. I have the most moves in the league to try and put a squad together...and I have been able to string together two wins in a row....but I am still second from bottom.

:shrug:

I don't think it's anything against Chizip personally. People have made it more than clear that the autodraft league is considered inferior to the live draft league, so why not have someone who likes autodraft run it next year?

I say we talk about it next year, both having a new commish and starting fewer players as we did in the past (1 QB, 1 DEF, 1 TE, etc.). :yes:

zonelistener said:

I agree with you Dave! That league right now has nothing to do skills and everything to do with luck! Congrats on your luck Zumanity. I have the most moves in the league to try and put a squad together...and I have been able to string together two wins in a row....but I am still second from bottom.

:shrug:

Luck has something to do with how anyone does on any given week, good or bad. But it's not the only thing.

I have the second most moves (just saying). It's not about picking up often; it's about picking up smart.

For example: Ryan Grant had 100 yds rushing, 31 yds receiving, & scored a TD on Thurs; he's sitting on the waiver wire. Would 12.5 points have helped anybody win their game this week? He's been GB's starting RB for the last 3 weeks. At least 1 TD &/or 100 rushing yards in 3 of the last 4 games.

On the other hand, M. Lynch has been listed as not playing since Mon, yet somebody is going to start him tomorrow. Is that luck?

My point is this; even in a league this "deep", it is possible to find good players, it just takes a little more work.

zumanity42 said:

Luck has something to do with how anyone does on any given week, good or bad. But it's not the only thing.

I have the second most moves (just saying). It's not about picking up often; it's about picking up smart.

For example: Ryan Grant had 100 yds rushing, 31 yds receiving, & scored a TD on Thurs; he's sitting on the waiver wire. Would 12.5 points have helped anybody win their game this week? He's been GB's starting RB for the last 3 weeks. At least 1 TD &/or 100 rushing yards in 3 of the last 4 games.

And Ryan Grant could be shut down next week. Luck!

I believe I probably picked second overall. I was given Steven Jackson. I was pleases with my luck there. Now, he hasn't been productive more than two weeks this season. Bad luck!

Anyone can be shut down any week.

Bro', I hate to be the one to tell you....

It's all luck.

If I could know what's going to happen in the NFL every week for 17 weeks in the future, I wouldn't be doing this for free. $$$

:ka-ching:

zumanity42 said:

zumanity42 said:
Anyone can be shut down any week.

Bro', I hate to be the one to tell you....

It's all luck.

You contradicting yourself. But thanks for agreeing with me!

One should not speak in absolutes when talking sports.

I misspoke; but I never denied luck was a factor.

BTW, by drafting JP Losman & Alex Smith as your QB's, you were destine for failure...

but you could have avoided it.

that's where skill comes in

What a great week to not start Devin Hester. :crack:

ETA: Oh shit. I just realized I left the Philly defense in by mistake. :banghead:

Last edited:
zumanity42 said:
One should not speak in absolutes when talking sports.

I misspoke; but I never denied luck was a factor.

BTW, by drafting JP Losman & Alex Smith as your QB's, you were destine for failure...

but you could have avoided it.

that's where skill comes in

Go back and read the thread over and focus on posts after the draft.

If I actually had the opportunity to pre-draft for the day the auto draft was supposed to happen, I would not have ended up with such horrible QBs.

Luck (bad), I guess...again. You are wrong.

zonelistener said:
Go back and read the thread over and focus on posts after the draft.

OK, you were busy, but

If I actually had the opportunity to pre-draft for the day the auto draft was supposed to happen, I would not have ended up with such horrible QBs.

you have been in these leagues for at least 3 years & didn't bother to learn about how they work. You could have pre-ranked anytime after the league was set up. Why wait til the last minute?

Luck (bad), I guess...again. You are wrong.

Sounds like sour grapes to me,but if it makes you happy then I'll agree with you....

In the Auto Draft League...

it sucks to be you.

I'm going to go polish my trophies now...
:wink:

zumanity42 said:

you have been in these leagues for at least 3 years & didn't bother to learn about how they work. You could have pre-ranked anytime after the league was set up. Why wait til the last minute?

Wow...you're being a real ass. I will take note of that as the commish next year.

I think I know how the league works.

Yes, I could have auto-drafted earlier. I was a bit busy living out of a hotel with crappy wireless. But you have no idea what was going on in my life at that time.

Thanks for making crappy judgements, though. And, yeah...go polish your "trophy."

FYI, Chizip hasn't even had any league activity since October. I'd say it's safe to start planning for a new commish and new setup for next year.

And it's not just sour grapes, I must say. Lots of people wait til the last minute to pre-rank because so much activity is still going on in the NFL before the season starts (injuries, players being cut, starters being named, etc.). My sister has had a damn good season and I'm one spot away from making the playoffs. Both of us are adamant that a) it wasn't fair that the date of the draft was changed at the last minute and b) the player pool is too thin in this league for the number of teams.

Fantasy football does involve skill (and vigilance). Last I checked, there was one defense available for our entire league. That's just not cool. How can anyone maneuver and compete when there are no players to choose from?

So yeah, it's not just the players at the bottom of the league who want things changed. Our leagues ran smoothly in the past, and hopefully next year we'll get back to something a little more competitive and fun.

I never said the auto-draft league was "balanced". I said it was challenging.

I didn't say changes shouldn't be made, starting with a new Commissioner; nor did I object to anyone's suggestion of who that should be.

I believed the draft was "equally unfair" to all managers; I still do.

I wouldn't have said anything at all if someone who doesn't even think the "league actually matters" didn't say it was just "luck" to be doing well in it.

I wonder if it's "just luck" that he's winning in the other league. If he was "congratulated" on his luck, would he take it as a compliment? Would anyone?
Probably not; it takes away from the efforts needed to start the "right" players every week.

All I said it takes 'luck & skill' to succeed in a deep league. I'm glad somebody understood what I was trying to say.

I never tried to make any of this personal, name-call, or threaten anyone; even when I didn't buy what they were saying. I just gave my opinion.

Don't forget...

it's just a game.

Last week before the playoffs. I advise you all to do well, because you'll probably want one more win before I destroy you in the playoffs.

HeartlandGirl said:
FYI, Chizip hasn't even had any league activity since October. I'd say it's safe to start planning for a new commish and new setup for next year.

And it's not just sour grapes, I must say. Lots of people wait til the last minute to pre-rank because so much activity is still going on in the NFL before the season starts (injuries, players being cut, starters being named, etc.). My sister has had a damn good season and I'm one spot away from making the playoffs. Both of us are adamant that a) it wasn't fair that the date of the draft was changed at the last minute and b) the player pool is too thin in this league for the number of teams.

Fantasy football does involve skill (and vigilance). Last I checked, there was one defense available for our entire league. That's just not cool. How can anyone maneuver and compete when there are no players to choose from?

So yeah, it's not just the players at the bottom of the league who want things changed. Our leagues ran smoothly in the past, and hopefully next year we'll get back to something a little more competitive and fun.

the problem is that there are too many people playing. even if there were less teams, the talent would still be thin.

i don't understand what the issue with the date of an auto-draft is. if you really think it's that important, do the live draft.

i'm the commish of the live league and have been the commish most of the time for football and baseball. i haven't checked my team in weeks, frankly because i'm just too busy to care about a team where no money is on the line. such is life. the role of the commish is frankly just to set the league up. if you had any complaints, you easily could have looked at the league settings when you registered and voiced your complaints at the time, and i'm sure they could have been dealt with.

frankly, if there's just gonna be petty complaining and name calling 10 weeks after the fact, by all means... get a new commish. get two while you're at it. i'll stick to baseball.

:shrug: apparently i have.

all i see is a lot of complaining about something that someone is doing for free and doesn't have to do, and that the complaints are all things that should and could have been addressed before the season began. which is pretty much BS.

so i'm not sure what point i'm missing, but okay.

Everybody be nice to each other, or I'm gonna spray you in the eyes.

Fantasy.jpg

Obviously it's too late for this season. It had never been like that before this year (we'd had a lot of players, but not thirteen starters), and combined with more teams, it just didn't work. It couldn't have been addressed at the start of the season because nobody really knew how it would work out.

I just made a suggestion for next year, is all. :up:

Playoff time in the league that matters :drool:

Back
Top Bottom