I have to get two teeth removed tomorrow... - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-04-2005, 01:10 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:52 AM
I have to get two teeth removed tomorrow...

Wisdom teeth, I think. They're gonna knock me out, cut'em out, hand me a painkiller prescription, then I will come home, mom will take the prescription to get it filled, and I will hope that the numbness of my mouth doesn't wear off before the painkillers arrive because I've had this done before and I know from experience that when the numbness wears off it hurts like hell for a few hours. Oh, and I get to wake up at 6:30AM(I usually get up at 11:30AM) to do this. That's in five and a half hours. I'm going to bed now.

Fun.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:13 AM   #2
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:52 AM
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out like that in April...yeah, you want the pain killers asap after the surgery.

Very Fun

word of advise, don't try and eat anything your not supposed to before you're supposed to *pain*

on a lighter note, I listened to numb afterwords...it seemed to be fitting

Old 11-04-2005, 01:17 AM   #3
The Fly

Local Time: 01:52 AM
great... you 2 are really inspiring confidence in me...
i am getting my wisdom, teeth out in a month, and it will be the first time i have had a general anaesthetic... eeek

namkcuR, i hope your not in too much pain, and that it all went well.
Old 11-04-2005, 01:23 AM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jessi-ma-ca
i am getting my wisdom, teeth out in a month, and it will be the first time i have had a general anaesthetic... eeek
it was the first time I ever had a general anasthetic, it felt like no time elapsed between getting drowsy and waking up! but then you feel for the lack of a better word *drunk* for a while after

another tip, take it real easy after the surgery don't try to rush things, the anasthetic makes you dizzy very easily.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:05 AM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jessi-ma-ca

namkcuR, i hope your not in too much pain, and that it all went well.
*Sorry* I absolutely cannot stand the smell of general anaesthetic, the last time I had it (We're talking years ago when I'd be about 8 or so. Actually, maybe I was 10) I was about to pull the mask off when I went into unconsciousness. I hated it that much. That said, I had a really vivid dream whilst under about The News Of The World and my family (who were like the Addams Family if I remember correctly) until the blummin' dental nurse woke me up just as it was about to get interesting...

My Mum had to actually carry me out, I was so dizzy. The worst part of it all was that all you want to do is sleep but when you do, you end up with a mouth full of blood upon waking. Not nice.

But hey! I was only young and it wasn't (obviously) having wisdom teeth out (I don't remember any pain.....I don't think) so I'm sure it'll go fine...really fine. Good luck to both of you!

*Sorry again*
Old 11-04-2005, 07:23 AM   #6
The Fly

Local Time: 01:52 AM
hahaha....
oh well it has to be done, otherwise im going to lose more than just my wisdom teeth....
im just not jummping for joy. if fininsh uni for the semester and get my teeth yanked out of my jaw... right before christmas!

how long will it take to recover? cause im going to have to take time off work
Old 11-04-2005, 07:58 AM   #7
Babyface

Local Time: 11:52 PM
I had a tooth out on Monday, I just had the needle that numbs the mouth. I've had a few teeth out because they cost too much to get fixed. Dentures for me in a few years time, although I'm trying to avoid that. If Dentists where cheaper I'd have perfect teeth. I've even got Dental cover but it still costs a fortune. To all the young people out there, Look after your teeth or you will regret it when you get older!!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:26 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

pain is good

In the sense that it can promote much growth, I mean

GOod luck to you guys
Old 11-04-2005, 08:28 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

(I'm so glad I never had to go through that, and that I will be able to eat my breakfast easily.......

wow, I'm really going to enjoy my breakfast)

Thanks guys!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #10
Blue Crack Addict

ick! Good luck! In only have two wisdom teeth. One already came in and I pleaded w/ my dentist to just pull it out instead of having it surgically removed like normal, b/c that would be too expensive and I'd never have it done. He finally agreed so I just had it pulled. It took about 5 minutes and I walked home after. The bad part was the gaping hole b/c he didn't stitch it up or anything.

My second wisdom tooth is just starting to come through and I hope he can do the same thing. It depends on how the tooth comes in I guess.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:35 AM   #11
Refugee

Location: calm down, cold resides with me. I flee to decemberunderground... as you exhale I breathe in, and sink into the water underground and I'll grow pale without you
oh fun.
had one pulled last week... i cracked it in my sleep, it got infected, they did a root canal to try and save it, root canal failed. OW.
so now i got... a missing tooth and a bruised jaw.
so i'm commiserating with ya man.
ask your mom to get you Boost shakes from the store.. no worries about eating...
Old 11-04-2005, 10:32 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:52 PM
to all...
Old 11-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #13
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:52 AM
I still have all my wisdom teeth

Good luck!
Old 11-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:52 AM
Take care.

I've had 4 teeth pulled the same way. Just plan on resting for a day or so.
Old 11-04-2005, 03:25 PM   #15
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:52 AM
All my friends hate me because when I had my wisdom teeth out, they didn't even give me stitches because they closed right back up...no bruises, no need for pain meds, nothing. I was eating the next day. But I had an excellent oral surgeon.

It was so annoying because they hadn't come in yet, but my orthodontist just kept pressuring me about it. I swear the assistant was a sadist since that was all she ever asked about--not how's your retainer fitting? What was funny was a month later I went in "Have you had your wisdom teeth out?" "YES, a month ago! Can't you TELL?" Score one for the dental assistants.

What you want to do is get some Arnica Montana and Hyperculium (sp) per. They are herbal remedies that you can get at any health food store. Start taking them a night or two before your wisdom teeth and you won't have any swelling or bruising. I took it and it worked like a charm.