I got the Sasser Worm Virus........Microsoft Sux

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never download when I get those prompts. I keep thinking it's Microsoft's way of getting control of my computer and taking over the world.
Or giving me a virus/worm at least.

:hmm:

But I recently 'upgraded' to Win98 :love:

: dork :

I no longer have XP and this computer is Win98. I have spent hours downloading updates that were never installed on this system and I'm still not finished. I do miss the other computer my roommate had just because of the automatic update that popped up. Not to mention it was soooo much faster than this one. Don't miss the roommate however.

sue4u2 said:
I no longer have XP and this computer is Win98. I have spent hours downloading updates that were never installed on this system and I'm still not finished. I do miss the other computer my roommate had just because of the automatic update that popped up. Not to mention it was soooo much faster than this one. Don't miss the roommate however.

You MIGHT be able to set yours to automatically update. I know at work a collegue of mine asked me how to do it with Win98 and we figured it out. The thing is I don't remember exactly how and I'm not on a 98 machine, but for what it's worth, if it's the same as XP you just go to the Control Panel > System > Automatic Updates tab

I do all of the updates when my comp tells me, so hopefully I'm cool. I began doing that once I was hit with the Blaster last summer. :rant: :censored:

My comp has been acting weird over the last week or so (slow, etc.), but my mom's boyfriend thinks it has something to do with the D drive... :scratch:

How do I clean that up? It's not even 2 years old yet.

yes I have to say, that I have noticed that my com is a lot slower now. I cleaned up my com and got rid of the virus, but I can notice how slow it is whilst on the net and when I am not on it. I did a disk clean up and a de-frag, but none of that seemed to make any difference, so what else could I do, any suggestions???

My com is only about 3 months old (compaq Presario 2500 lappy:wink:) and so far I have had 2 virus', so I am sure that both of these have done something not so great to the internal structure of my com:huh:

You probably need to do a reformat and reinstall.

But, before then, make sure you get a firewall of some kind, because if you reconnect to the internet to download the updates, you'll get reinfected. :p

Melon

Back
Top Bottom