I actually like some of Eminem songs - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-18-2005, 01:57 AM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 03:55 AM
I like

* Lose Yourself,
* Without Me, and
* Cleaning Out My Closet.

I watched the movie of his but I didn't really like it. The point of the game seemed to be to slander each other whilst rhyming. Why can't they just be nice? lol

Old 01-18-2005, 02:02 AM   #17
Blue Crack Supplier
Local Time: 03:55 PM
my opinion is the same as my opinion on pretty much all other rap music. i don't give a fuck what he sings about, i find it funny that he gets panned left and right for lyrics when everyone else in the mainstream rap industry gets off scott-free. i hate it because i don't really see any redeeming musical qualities in rap/hip-hop, especially mainstream (i can't really speak for underground stuff because i'll readily admit i'm not very familiar with it...but i'm also not really interested in becoming familiar with it) stuff. don't give me the "it's got good beats" arguement, because they're all recycled or ripped from older songs. my sister is a huge fan of mainstream rap, and whenever i'm home i hear the stuff. it's impossible to avoid, it's always being played at unpleasantly loud volume with the bass cranked uneccesarily. once i counted three "different" songs with the same backing track. and people say all punk rock sounds the same i also can't take someone yelling "YO! BITCH! roll out wit da bling bling!!!!!" at me...yet i can listen to hardcore for hours without feeling aurally assaulted...

plus i'm sick and tired of seeing rich pre-yuppie suburban white kids blasting it from the sports cars mommy and daddy bought them for their 16 birthday, just so they can feel tough and "gangsta". pull up your pants, straighten your hat, and say something other than "yo", "bling" and "ho".

Old 01-18-2005, 02:38 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:55 PM
I like quite a few songs of his, Lose Yourself being my favourite. Content-wise, I just find it hard to take any of it seriously, so nothing he says offends me.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:50 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:55 PM
Originally posted by HelloAngel
I like alot of his songs and think he's very talented. As a female, it becomes a double-edged sword however, when he veers more into misogyny and violence towards women.
Same for me. Stan and Lose Yourself are particularly good. I also sorta like Tupac's Ghetto Gospel but again, he also is/was a very controversial figure. But if I like Oasis then why should that be an issue? Noel Gallagher once said, "Rock'n'Roll is about music. Music. Music. Music. It's not about you, it's not about me, it's not about Oasis. It's about the songs". And he's right, that's what ALL music should be about. But it's not always easy to separate the two, the personal life and the songs, you know? And in any case, the vast majority of Oasis songs aren't actually about the controversial lives they lead, but a lot of Eminem's and Tupac's songs are. Therefore it's easier to ignore the controversial Oasis stuff as they aren't, in general, writing about it but with the rappers they don't necessarily give you that option.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem
I like him and his music. It doesn't bother me what he sings about. If I wanted to listen to debates about social issues, I'd pick up a sociology text book. Not look to music for intelligent dialogue.
I guess I really ought to bear that in mind. I think I just think about things too much.
Old 10-19-2005, 06:07 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:55 PM
true the story about his retirement?