Humptulips, WA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

5 years? I wish I could get headphones that'd last that long. My current pair is my oldest, at about 2 years, and even they have their moments of dropping a channel.

I'd like to splurge on cordless headphones, but that's a lot of money to spend on something that I'll be impressed if it works for over a year.

My headphones are a workhorse. I tend to have a pair last me about a year and a half. But then again, I take mine just about everywhere and go walking and jogging with them multiple times weekly.

I'd like some Bose ones. :drool:

Axver said:

Why the hell would you do that? 21 March 1985 and 29 April 1987 (both Chicago) sound better than almost any soundboard and are audience tapes.

:yes: I love a little audience in the mix. Makes it sound organic. I've always hated the sound of the Zoomerang Adelaide gig.

i only spam when i'm the only one here. and then it's usually 4 posts an hour or something, because it's boring when no one's here, but i like to keep my presence to keep the thread up and active.

KhanadaRhodes said:

exactly, we've all spammed the threads at one time or another, what's the big deal? i didn't know it was some huge competition to have the highest post count. i'm sure anyone could say any one post is spammy, stupid, worthless, etc. :shrug:

At least I have the guts to admit it when I'm shamelessly spamming. And in the postwhore thread, no less. You know. For postwhore. Who spam.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i didn't know it was some huge competition to have the highest post count.

I'd like to actively discourage that anyway (and I don't like being the most prolific poster either). The point is the community, not who can postwhore the most. We don't want Carek cruising in here on her spammy OOC tidal waves. We want conversation and all that good shit.

LemonMelon said:

:yes: I love a little audience in the mix. Makes it sound organic. I've always hated the sound of the Zoomerang Adelaide gig.

I agree with this statement. I like a little audience. Not a lot, though, by any means.

Axver said:

I'd like to actively discourage that anyway (and I don't like being the most prolific poster either). The point is the community, not who can postwhore the most. We don't want Carek cruising in here on her spammy OOC tidal waves. We want conversation and all that good shit.

When it's slow, though, who cares?

the tourist said:
At least I have the guts to admit it when I'm shamelessly spamming. And in the postwhore thread, no less. You know. For postwhore. Who spam.
:lol: i did it pretty bad one time and i was like "whee i'm spamming" the whole time. but yeah, postwhoring kinda implies spamming, so i don't get the big deal. it'd be one thing if someone, whoever, came in here and continuously posted 10 times in a row and didn't contribute anything or something. but whatever :shrug:

You guys do realise "postwhorehouse" has some sarcasm or irony or whatever it is I'm looking for in the name, right?

It isn't meant to mean "let's make worthless spam posts".

ax let me know what you think of appleseed cast. i'm listening to another album of theirs, mare vitalis, for the first time, and i might like it better than low level owl, which is my current favorite. basically i like them best in 2000-2001, they evolved quite a bit, i don't like the 1998 or current stuff as much.

Axver said:
well what about when you post your tram pics?

i don't care when you do or when anyone posts a lot, but all i'm really saying is fair's fair.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:lol: i did it pretty bad one time and i was like "whee i'm spamming" the whole time. but yeah, postwhoring kinda implies spamming, so i don't get the big deal. it'd be one thing if someone, whoever, came in here and continuously posted 10 times in a row and didn't contribute anything or something. but whatever :shrug:

Right. And I don't generally spam when there's an active conversation going. When it slows, and/or stops, I do. Not always. Many times I've done as Varitek said, and only post once or twice in an hour.

KhanadaRhodes said:

well what about when you post your tram pics?

i don't care when you do or when anyone posts a lot, but all i'm really saying is fair's fair.

Besides that one thread that Ian and I wanted to kill, I have never spammed with the tram pics.

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol, it's true though. ever since i had my car accident, my short term memory's fucked. not that the neurologist i saw would think anything of it :rolleyes:

Oh really? Well, that's sad. I guess I shouldn't have giggled. :ohmy:

There have been multiple times I've woken up in the morning and looked through a couple pages of posts to find many postings of trams. :shrug:

the tourist said:
Oh really? Well, that's sad. I guess I shouldn't have giggled. :ohmy:
lol no, it's no big deal. and it's not as bad as it sounds. it's not like i'm like "wait...who are you again?" it's just stupid inconsequential stuff like "what did i have for dinner yesterday?" and shit like that.

i make fun of it all the time, i call myself a geezer and stuff like that :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:

lol no, it's no big deal. and it's not as bad as it sounds. it's not like i'm like "wait...who are you again?" it's just stupid inconsequential stuff like "what did i have for dinner yesterday?" and shit like that.

i make fun of it all the time, i call myself a geezer and stuff like that :lol:

Could be much worse--have you seen Memento?

the tourist said:

Right. And I don't generally spam when there's an active conversation going. When it slows, and/or stops, I do. Not always. Many times I've done as Varitek said, and only post once or twice in an hour.

but sometimes you post every 15 seconds, just to get above 300 or whatever, and when you do it when someone else is here (it's been me a few times) it kinda kills the potential to start a real conversation, and makes me go away.

the tourist said:
There have been multiple times I've woken up in the morning and looked through a couple pages of posts to find many postings of trams. :shrug:

And planes and stadiums and New Zealand. Because Ian and I enjoy photography and sharing the results with each other.

That's not spam. That's a conversation and a mutual interest.

Varitek said:
ax have you really read all of every superthread????

Almost. I've probably missed a total of about 500 posts from various parts I haven't bothered to catch up on, mainly when Dalton was ruining the place or you lot were going on about baseball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom