How many hours a day/week do you watch? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #16
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:08 PM
When I get home from work, if I dont go out, the TV is on all night. So I guess I'd say about 4 hours a day.

Old 12-17-2007, 11:30 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:08 PM
I watch about 1 hour a week. There's only one show I watch these days. But does this include popping in a DVD? If so then I'd bump that up to 3 hours a week. I try to watch one movie each week. Gotta make good use of the netflix!

Old 12-17-2007, 11:57 AM   #18
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
Tons...but I often do other stuff while watching too.
Me too. I find that if I just sit on the couch while watching TV or a movie, it's very likely I'll be asleep within an hour. I usually end up giving only half my attention to the show or movie and do stuff online, because it keeps me awake.

It's possible that's both sad AND pathetic, but I'm okay with that.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:33 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:08 PM
That's not as uncommon as I thought. I know loads of people who are on instant messenger, playing music, talk on the phone, etc. while watching movies or tv at home. I really can't do that myself. I have to multi-task at work, so I don't wanna do that at home when I can unwind and shut down.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:49 PM   #20
New Yorker

Local Time: 09:08 PM
i have the TV on usually from about 8pm til 12am....but actually sitting and watching an entire show..maybe 1-2 hours per day....and sometimes I fall asleep while watching something.. HAHA
Old 12-17-2007, 11:59 PM   #21
ONE
love, blood, life

No telly.

Occasionally have some downloaded shows on.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:22 AM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:08 AM
It's hard to say, I almost always have it on in the background and may be doing something else but not necessarily watching.

Football season increases the hours I watch, because Sundays I am glued to the TV.

The only shows I watch regularly are NBC Nightly News ( ) and Last One Standing on the Discovery Channel ( )
Old 12-18-2007, 12:27 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I don't understand the whole TV on in the background thing, or having it on and muted. any particular reason for it?
Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 AM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

I don't like silence, and I usually turn the TV on when I come home to catch the local news or maybe a Simpsons rerun, and then laziness sets in, and I leave it on instead of tossing a CD in.

I'm proud to say, however, that tonight I turned the TV off after an hour or so and listened to music instead.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:38 AM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

I see. Thanks for the answer Cori. What is it about silence that you don't like and have to have something else going on instead? Anyone else? I know there are a lot of people who have the TV for background and it's almost like they don't know what to do with themselves without it or music if it is quiet. I genuinely don't understand this so I'm curious. I don't want to derail Angela's thread so feel free to drop an answer into the bar.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:46 AM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

I've never really thought about it, but I just don't care for silence when I'm in my apartment.

It really depends on where I am - if I'm hanging out on the beach or hanging out somewhere amazingly beautiful in nature, then I want silence just to BE there, you know?

But at home, I need some sort of mumble in the background. In college, both my roommate and I found it easier to concentrate if there was soft music in the background.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 AM   #27
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Way more than I should because I am "taking a break from working"
Old 12-18-2007, 05:00 AM   #28
ONE
love, blood, life

I watch very little tv -- occasionally I will check out the weather forcast if I remember when it's on (but I can find it online so that is rare) or occasionally check the traffic report if I'm going out early, but I have no programs I watch even somewhat regularly. I do have the tv on much of the day however, as my aunt (who has downs syndrome) likes to watch it. I'm not often in that room though (she doesn't like me intruding into her space) but it has an open double door so I do sometimes hear it in the background.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:26 AM   #29
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
I don't like silence, and I usually turn the TV on when I come home to catch the local news or maybe a Simpsons rerun, and then laziness sets in, and I leave it on instead of tossing a CD in.

I'm proud to say, however, that tonight I turned the TV off after an hour or so and listened to music instead.
Aww, I do the same thing, actually. With me, it's usually streaming radio more often than not. I like to have some kind of background noise, and it's usually the BBC World Service or soemthing. I have a laptop, but the most complicated work it usually does is being a portable radio around my apartment on the wireless internet