Hole of Horcum Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my bloody valentine eits guy has talked about, to excuse the fact that he liked early emo...they are on the lost in translation soundtrack i was just enjoying until i started importing and it's been randomly playing what i import.

Incidentally, of all people to introduce me to Ride, it was Brau.

Who used Blur's To The End previously? Was it LM or LMP?

Varitek said:
my bloody valentine eits guy has talked about, to excuse the fact that he liked early emo...they are on the lost in translation soundtrack i was just enjoying until i started importing and it's been randomly playing what i import.

The Death in Vegas and Jesus and Mary Chain songs on there are excellent and used perfectly in the movie.

Axver said:
Incidentally, of all people to introduce me to Ride, it was Brau.

Who used Blur's To The End previously? Was it LM or LMP?

That was me. The French version.

I like Joy Division, but this is the weakest track of theirs I have heard. Shadowplay, Transmission, and Disorder all pwn though.

13. Blur – “To The End” – Parklife (3:51)
I'm interested to hear this, since LMP used a different version on his list and I enjoyed it. I think it was actually better, the French added something. But I still liked this.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I like Joy Division, but this is the weakest track of theirs I have heard. Shadowplay, Transmission, and Disorder all pwn though.

Huh. I think Twenty Four Hours is the only great track on Closer. Well, Atrocity Exhibition is on the borderline of being great. On the whole, I don't like Closer, but TFH made me care enough about Joy Division to get Unknown Pleasures, which is fucking amazing and leaves Closer for dead in every single way. Disorder, New Dawn Fades, and She's Lost Control own so much.

Both my flights to and from Dublin only had the earbuds with the big screen up front. Though on the way back, we had business class seats with extra leg room :heart:

Seeing the iceburgs out the window as we were nearing NFLD too was incredible. Though at first, I thought they were fishing boats :der:

Axver said:

Huh. I think Twenty Four Hours is the only great track on Closer. Well, Atrocity Exhibition is on the borderline of being great. On the whole, I don't like Closer, but TFH made me care enough about Joy Division to get Unknown Pleasures, which is fucking amazing and leaves Closer for dead in every single way.

I've only heard a few tracks, never a whole album. Always been more of a New Order fan, anyway.

The segue into the next track was fairly good - been hearing some good things about Russian Circles.

RavenBlue said:
Seeing the iceburgs out the window as we were nearing NFLD too was incredible. Though at first, I thought they were fishing boats :der:

:lol:

LemonMacPhisto said:

I've only heard a few tracks, never a whole album. Always been more of a New Order fan, anyway.

The segue into the next track was fairly good - been hearing some good things about Russian Circles.

I don't like New Order. Movement's a fairly decent album, but then they go to shit with that electronicy, eighties bollocks. Joy Division were one of the best bands of all time, though.

14. Eluvium – “Prelude For Time Feelers” – Copia (5:48)
What a beautiful instrumental. Eluvium's awesome.

Leads well into the next track too.

Axver said:

I don't like New Order. Movement's a fair decent album, but then they go to shit with that electronicy, eighties bollocks. Joy Division were one of the best bands of all time, though.

Is this confirmed?

Blue Monday's done more for me than any Joy Division track has ever done - it's hard to find a great dance track that has some substance to it.

Varitek said:
and randomly pushing eject worked after it hadn't

That's one thing I hate about Macs, the eject rarely seems to work right.

Vaz, I used to have Copia, but I guess I don't anymore. Phanan's sure to have the whole thing though.

Later P-Funk :wave:

Varitek said:
hey ax or lmp, have you heard (of) Owen?

Nope.

Varitek said:
does anyone have eluvium's whole copia album that they'd be willing to send me?

Not on a computer willing to connect to the Internet. :mad:

The Russian Circles track is awesome, now that's some good post-rock right there.

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Russian Circles track is awesome, now that's some good post-rock right there.

Their new album, Station, is even better.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Dude, we agree on yet more. Ax and I were just praising them to the heavens a few days ago.

The Sea, Like Lead, could be one of the worst band names I've ever seen.

Then the music starts... :lol:

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Sea, Like Lead, could be one of the worst band names I've ever seen.

Then the music starts... :lol:

I see very little stylistic difference between The Sea, Like Lead (shitty name, yes) and Russian Circles (one of my favourite band names). :shrug:

Hell, I'd just about accuse TSLL of ripping off Russian Circles if it weren't for the fact their earliest releases predate Russian Circles'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom