Heroes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:

Ando has to have some type of power or connection to Hiro, I highly doubt he's just a companion character without any power.

:yes: you know, I had been thinking that a while back. He has to have some kind of power or without him Hiro's power is altered or something. :hmm:

I tried watching the pilot episode in the fall but thought it was kind of lame and gave up on the show. However, I was channel surfing yesterday when I came across the Heroes marathon on the Sci-Fi channel and decided to watch since the show has been getting so much buzz. I ended up watching the last three or four episodes, including the one where they go five years in the future and the Election Day one.

Random thoughts:

- I love Hiro and his friendship with Ando, who I thought was a jerk in the pilot but who I love now. I hope Ando doesn't end up having powers. I like the idea of having some heroic but non-powered people on the show. Love, love, love the contrast between Future Hiro and Present Hiro. Love the sword fight scene with his dad.

- How cute were Mohinder and Molly together? Awwww!

- President Nathan really being Sylar was shocking and a great reveal, but I was also kind of enjoying the idea of Nathan going totally dark in the future.

I may have to watch the finale on Monday night.

same thing with me, watched the pilot episode but didnt get into it. then saturday i ended up watching the whole freakin marathon on sci-fi and now im hooked. doh!

I too watched the pilot

but was not sold.

and then all the buzz,
got me to take a second look.

I caught most of the reruns,
and caught the other episodes on line.

I will be watching finale tonight

Dayum!!!!! That was excellent!!! The last 15 minutes were awesome!!

I actually called the ending weeks ago, not here but to my co-workers who watch the show. I was just wrong about one thing.

Enjoy people!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I was hoping Hiro would battle a dinosaur at the end, but the ending was awesome anyway.

I knew Sylar was a cockroach, and the "guy who can see Molly" storyline will be kickass too.

I really liked the finale storywise, but I expected more from the final fight between the heroes and Sylar, Hiro had it too easy in my opinion. And why couldn't Peter just fly alone Nathan didn't had to sacrifice himself.

ok no more bitching a great 1st season!!!

Mofo said:
And why couldn't Peter just fly alone Nathan didn't had to sacrifice himself.

Here's how I see it. You're right, Peter could have used Nathan's power. But this whole storyline with Nathan as a cold fish, sucking up to Lindeman and his evil mom and Claire not trusting him was designed for the Redemption angle.

I also think the producers after seeing all the backlash against Lost decided to speed things up a bit and have a resolution this season. Hence, the somewhat simple yet elegant final sequence. But these are comic book ideas and there are tons of comic books produced on a monthly basis so ideas for superheros aren't hard to come by. Good ideas might be tougher to come by so let's hope they have an excellent sophomore season.

Don't forget Noah and his role in the future taking care of Claire and Grandma Petrelli.. what is her big plan? Was it just to get Nathan in the White House or something more sinister? I like the generational aspect of the heroes from children to grandparents. I enjoyed the teaser for next season, nice touch.

Mofo said:
I really liked the finale storywise, but I expected more from the final fight between the heroes and Sylar, Hiro had it too easy in my opinion. And why couldn't Peter just fly alone Nathan didn't had to sacrifice himself.

I wondered the same thing, but I think they tried to set it up as he had no control of his other powers when he started to go nuclear. Hopefully we'll find out next season why he had problems controlling that paticular power.

Mofo said:
And why couldn't Peter just fly alone Nathan didn't had to sacrifice himself.

Yeah, that was a huge wtf moment. :huh: Still, it's been a great season. I don't think I've ever seen a series that so consistently kept me on the edge of my seat episode after episode.

I hope next season addresses the many unanswered questions from this season. With the title of the next volume being Generations, I hope that means they're going to delve into the powers and storylines of some of the parents.

Any guesses as to who the guy who can see Molly is?

I enjoyed the simplicity of the final sequence, and tried to make sure my brain did not nitpick it.

Like Trevster, I enjoy how different generations are represented in the show....there's something very appealing, to me, about some of these powers being passed from generation to generation, for these powers to be part of one's lineage, etc.

All in all, I enjoyed the show greatly and look forward to next season.

VintagePunk said:

Any guesses as to who the guy who can see Molly is?

Santa Claus, he sees you when your sleeping, he knows when you're awake, he knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!!

I predicted Nathan flying in to take Sylar up into the sky so the bomb would detonate away from people. I think when you watch the DVD, it will be very obvious that Nathan was going to be the main saviour at the end.

Nathan had to die because Adrian Pasdar commanded a large salary. Now, there's that much more left over to put towards special effects. :)

Have any of you read about the Heroes spin-off series that will air while the main show is on Hiatus? I'm sure if I de-lazied and looked back I'd see mention of it. In case you have not, here:

"To stretch the normal 22-episode season of “Heroes,” which faltered after its long hiatus this year, NBC will add “Heroes: Origins.” The spin-off will introduce a new character each week, and viewers will select which one stays for the following season. The two series will have 30 new episodes combined."

Not sure Heroes "faltered", but a little momentum was lost that needed to be gained back.

Well I can't help but be disappointed about the anticlimatic battle, none of them seemed to struggle during the fight...

trevster2k I also liked the fact that they pretty much concluded this storyline, I was surprised Sylar wasn't killed but it will be great to see him again, as for the Generations thing it's also really cool the new villian could be someone else's parent who knows

The fucking Haitian. He blocks everyone's shit. Forgot about him.

How was Nathan able to take off and fly when he was cornered by Noah and the Haitian? Eh, forget it.

Mofo said:
Well I can't help but be disappointed about the anticlimatic battle, none of them seemed to struggle during the fight...

Most of the Heroes seem to have no problem using their powers except Hiro. He always looks like he is taking a huge...shitaki mushrooms are lovely.

trevster2k said:

Most of the Heroes seem to have no problem using their powers except Hiro. He always looks like he is taking a huge...shitaki mushrooms are lovely.

lol what I mean is they are fighthing this great villian with lots of powers...oh well nevermind I sound like a whiny geek fan boy... i just expected more from the fight that's all...still a fan though:wink:

Overall I'm pleased with the ending, and I didn't see that coming. I'd rather they have killed off Sylar once and for good instead of the Petrelli brothers. And I agree that for all the neverending build up to that final battle, there wasn't much to it.

Who are they going to get next season to replace Adrian Pasdar's gigantic jaw? :(

corianderstem said:

Who are they going to get next season to replace Adrian Pasdar's gigantic jaw? :(

Quagmire.jpg

Although, there are rumours that no one died and everyone will be back next season.

Does anyone remember seeing either Sylar or Peter use more than one power at the same time? I can't recall it happening. Maybe this is why Nathan had to fly Peter up into the sky.

Last edited:
I hope at least one of the Petrelli brothers is alive. Preferably Nathan. I wanted to see him fly more. Plus, his poor wife - she's miraculously cured by Lindermann, and now it's all "Hey, sorry about your exploding, flying husband."

I'm pissed off that Sylar is (?) alive. I hate him. And not in an "ooh, I hate that bad guy" kind of way. I don't like the character, I don't like the actor. He really bugs me. I wish they'd have killed him off and come up with a new Big Bad.

There will be a new big bad, and I just think he and Sylar will team up at one point. The heroes have already defeated Sylar once, and they can do it again.

At least Peter will be alive, I hope so.

I also wanted to find out more about Shaft Deveaux's character, and is it related to the Indian boy who gave Mohinder those visions of his past.

i'd like to see more sylar/hiro fights for next season. really enjoyed the season finale last night.

Back
Top Bottom