Help me buy a receiver (please?)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joyfulgirl

Blue Crack Addict
My 20 year old receiver finally blew up last night so it's time to get a new one, the home theatre variety. What do I really need in a receiver? Do I really have to spend upwards of $300 or can I get something decent for under $200?

:help:

I've spent hours researching this now and realize I can't get crap for $200 :reject: . This opens a whole can of worms now with all my other components. What am I going to do without music while I research and save money? :(

Thanks for the bump. I still need :help:

I was reading the iPod site today and saw this thing called AirPort express. It sounds very interesting. :hmm:

http://www.apple.com/airportexpress/

Enjoy your iTunes music library in virtually any room of your house. Share a single broadband Internet connection and USB printer without inconvenient and obtrusive cables. Create an instant wireless network on the go. Extend the range of your current wireless network. How many devices do you need to do all this? Just one.

Presenting AirPort Express.

Featuring AirTunes for playing your iTunes music wirelessly on your home stereo or powered speakers, AirPort Express brings not only the Internet but your music to wherever in your home you like to enjoy them most — whether you use a Mac or Windows PC. Unmatched in its ease of use, it delivers data rates up to 54 megabits per second, fits in the palm of your hand so you can take it wherever you go — and it costs just $129.

Back
Top Bottom