Grey's Anatomy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
poor george! :(

i didn't like meredith at all in this episode... i really didn't feel bad for her. i don;t know if we were supposed to... :shrug:

As mean as it may seem, I'm freakin' upset that Meredith and Derek are being "friends" and it's actually working! :sad: :scream: :lol: Derek and Addison can't get along, dammit! :madwife: :wink:

I feel bad for George I guess, but at the same time he obviously had to know that Meredith wasn't totally in love with him :shrug: And I was laughing out loud when it showed her crying in bed :reject: :lol:

And Bailey and Addison's exchange :lmao:

What the hell is Meredith's problem? That was a terrible, terrible way to treat George. They are really making her unlikable. Bitch!! :rant:

Yeah poor George, I didn't feel bad for Meredith either lol. How long do you think the Derek & Meredith situation will go back and forth between friendship and romance.....they obviously love each other, so damn frusterating:laugh:

they'll draw it out as long as possible (McDreamy & Meredith). Or until at least sweeps week... or 'cliffhanger' end of season episode. But yeah, Meredith wasn't too likeable this week. You definitely felt bad for George and the patient whose 'fiance' left him :tsk:

The George voice overs instead of Meredith's usual ones was a nice change in tonight's episode.

I totally hated Meredith in this episode as well. She treated George like shit, and expected people to feel sorry for her.

I loved how Addison was telling McDreamy not to laugh or say anything, but he couldn't help bursting into laughter at her predicament. :lmao:

And where on god's good earth was my McSteamy?! I want hottie McSteamy on my screen!! :evil:

As usual CTV (the Canadian channel that airs this show) had no previews. Maybe that's because the Oscars are next week, and there is no new episode? :shrug:

Freak.

I'm never going to be able to participate in this discussion. Where I live, the shows all come on a week later so the most recent posts are about an episode I haven't seen yet.

So I didn't really read any of them because I don't want to know what happens.

I checked this thread because I knew it was here, and I thought that Grey's wouldn't be on next week because of Dancing with the Stars and all that. But I guess it was/will be. Whenever they have a break, though I will be on this thread so I can join the discussion at least for a little while.

In the mean time, not yet knowing the aftermath of the George/Mereditih hook up, as the rest of you do, I will say this:

Meredith is actually not one of my favorite characters on this show and I think that her decision to sleep with George is going to make me like her less. He's bound to get hurt, and he doesn't deserve it. Perhaps she's not so different from her mom. . .?

I've really grown to like Addison a lot. I feel for her because I don't see any kind of happy ending for her. Shepherd doesn't love her, and its only a matter of time till that marriage ends. It's sad though, because she seems to really want to make it work.

This show just keeps getting better and better, I must say. I like any show with complicated characters who you can't pigeonhole too easily and I think that's true of this show. Take Meredith. I don't really like her, but then I don't "hate" her the way you do with most TV shows when there is a character you don't like it. You still have a certain amount of empathy for her, and she's not a villain at all. She's just . . .I don't know. . .she just bothers me.
Which is great. How often do you find someone like that on TV?

sami0201 said:
As mean as it may seem, I'm freakin' upset that Meredith and Derek are being "friends" and it's actually working! :sad: :scream: :lol: Derek and Addison can't get along, dammit! :madwife: :wink:

I feel bad for George I guess, but at the same time he obviously had to know that Meredith wasn't totally in love with him :shrug: And I was laughing out loud when it showed her crying in bed :reject: :lol:

And Bailey and Addison's exchange :lmao:

You are totally right, George knows she loves McDreamy to death....so why did he think that could have any kind of relationship. I feel sorry for him because hes such a doormat. And we don't know if Meredith and Derek are going to be friends I think he wants more and maybe still be married to Addison or have her catch him with Meredith so she will know how it feels to be cheated on.

Poor George, I just want to hug him :wink:

That new character is cute, maybe that will work out for him. I LOVED when he told that nurse that he was sorry for making her feel like he did now. That is one reason I love the George character so much, gotta love a man like that.

OK, Dr. McDreamy is officially invading my dreams at night. Not sexy dreams, just "Oh My God You're the Perfect Man!" type dreams. :combust:

Sorry.

Did anyone see yesterday's Oprah?

Viewers can't get enough of the hit ABC medical drama Grey's Anatomy—its vital signs are off the charts! Freakish medical conditions, sleep-deprived doctors, complicated romances and a healthy dose of sex bring in 20 million viewers every week.

The cast includes Ellen Pompeo as surgical intern Meredith Grey and Patrick Dempsey as Meredith's love interest, neurosurgeon Derek Shepherd—affectionately known as "McDreamy." For the first time, Ellen is taking The Oprah Show behind the scenes to reveal Seattle Grace Hospital's best-kept secrets!

To keep operating room scenes realistic, Ellen says the show hires a team of real-life nurses who make sure the actors are using the right surgical instruments. Chandra Wilson, who plays Dr. Bailey, reveals another trick of the trade—chitlins are used as intestines on the operating table!

The cast members admit that their secrets aren't all about the medicine. One little known fact is that actor Justin Chambers, who plays cocky bachelor Alex Karev, has been married for over 10 years and is the proud father of five children! Actress Katherine Heigl, the model-turned-doctor Izzie Stevens, is a total bookworm, reading a book a day on set during downtime. And T.R. Knight, the sweet and self-conscious Dr. George O'Malley, is the clown of the group—he keeps everyone on the set in stitches!

20060228_116_350x263.jpg

people.com

By Stephen M. Silverman

He may be nicknamed "Dr. McDreamy" by the female interns on his hit show Grey's Anatomy, but Patrick Dempsey's childhood was anything but enviable: He wasn't diagnosed as being dyslexic until he was 12 years old.

"I think it's made me who I am today," Dempsey, 40, reveals on The Barbara Walters Special that airs Wednesday night. "It's given me a perspective of – you have to keep working. I have never given up."

To this day, he says, he struggles while reading scripts and memorizing his lines as neurosurgeon Dr. Derek Shepherd on the hit ABC series. "I think that's when I get the most insecure ... it's very hard for me to read it off the page," the actor says. "I need to memorize it, in order to go on."

The Maine native also says he continues to deal with some of the emotional fallout from his first marriage, to his manager Rocky Parker, who was nearly 30 years his senior and the mother of his best friend, Corey Parker.

"Yeah, I think I needed a mother. There were a lot of negative things that I am still undoing from it, and will always have to remember," he says. For the past seven years he's been married to Jillian Fink, a hair stylist and makeup artist. They have a daughter, Tallulah.

Now in the throes of a comeback since he dropped off Hollywood's radar screen after starting to build a reputation in romantic comedies in the '80s (in such movies as Can't But Me Love), Dempsey admits that he was once guilty of diva-like behavior.

"You can't have temper tantrums," he now says. "You have to be professional, and I don't think I understood that at the time."

Tapes & watched Oprah yesterday. Even printed out the recipe for Rachael Ray's pasta :wink: Got it taped today for Meg Ryan's interview. And I've got Barbara Walters scheduled to record tonite :up:

I don't know what to think yet about Addy/McDreamy. I do want them to break up, but it looks like they're moving closer to working things out. I liked what he said, but I don't like it that he said those things to Addy.

I enjoyed seeing Duncan from VM as a guest!

It was a good episode. I hope George hooks up with the new Dr. She's pretty cool! I'm glad he cut his hair though - it looks so much better!

More thoughts tomorrow when I'm not so tired! :D

sami0201 said:
Without spoiling it for west coast people, am I the only one who is extremely upset by the ending? :scream: :sad:

:lmao:

I don't like it either, but I think McDreamy wants to stay married and may want his cake aka Meredith, and eat it to.:eyebrow:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom