Giggleswick Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
major_panic said:

Come on, the comic was by Frank Miller, of course it was good!

And :nerd:

:wink:

All I can see is a stereotypical black guy, tall, short hair, wearing shorts and a short-sleeved shirt a size too large. Is that wrong?

Well, Frank Miller's art is :drool:, but the story was sort of lacking in comparison to his other stuff. I still like it though.

I don't see many black guys like that here. It's kind of funny when they try to play up to their Afro-American character though, by listening to gangsta rap and wearing Lakers singlets. They' act very different though.

Axver said:
YEAR WOMEN WERE ENFRANCHISED

New Zealand: 1893
Australia: 1902

Hmm, wonder which is more backwards?

(Actually, saddest part is that they're the first two in the world. WTF, everyone else!)
It's so sad that NZ felt the need to grant women's suffrage before everyone else to compensate for the fact that they call party pies "savouries".... :tsk:

:wink:

Also, Everyone Else = OWNED.

mysterious_jen said:

no its in context with the sux

as in sux ass as in beavis and butt head .

if i was being australian it would be

sucks arse.

NOW FUCK OFF.

An ass is a donkey, an arse is a butt. Only Americans use 'ass' to mean the latter. Don't be Americanised. :tsk:

Axver said:

Ah, right. Well, here's the list as I have it now:

PURE
Screwtape2: 99%
U2democrat: 95%
major_panic, phillyfan26: 94%
unico: 87%
coolian2: 84%
jobob: 79%
Alisaura: 77%
Axver: 72%
bono_man2002: 62%
DreamOutLoud13: 61%
The Sad Punk: 60%
corianderstem: 56%
TranceEnding: 55%
RavenBlue: 54%

liamcool was 50/50.

CORRUPT
the tourist was in the 50s%?
cinnaminson: 67% (?)
gluey: 72%
Dalton: 75%
mysterious_jen, Varitek: 78%

the club rugby and club ultimate teams at my school have a good vs evil game where they draw the line in the middle of the team, it usually ends up being drawn in the low 50s.

yes that's right we have rugby teams.

and i think dalton was more corrupt than me and jen. swap those numbers, or have a premium search.

The Sad Punk said:

Well, Frank Miller's art is :drool:, but the story was sort of lacking in comparison to his other stuff. I still like it though.

I don't see many black guys like that here. It's kind of funny when they try to play up to their Afro-American character though, by listening to gangsta rap and wearing Lakers singlets. They' act very different though.

I don't see many black guys try to be all Afro-American gangsta here, only Asian guys trying to do it. :yuck:

And V for Vendetta is one of the most awesome graphic novels I've ever read, as is Watchmen.

Alisaura said:

No idea who you're talking about, but there's a bird in my Australian Birds book called a Spangled Drongo.

Best bird name EVAR.

In primary school, we did some geography task on a local park and had to identify various birds. One was that spangled drongo. I couldn't stop laughing the entire time we were trying to spot it.

Hey, I just heard Larry Mullen singing Dirty Old Town for some weird reason, which prompted me to ask:

Are there any good Aussie drinking songs out there beyond Waltzing Matilda?

mysterious_jen said:
my rating has changed since the lebians and the hash and we need a better questionarre as i felt constrained, didnt ask in depth or multimedia questions.

its just the standard questionaire, anything longer would be too much. multimedia shit don't count. my one problem is, you should lose a point for having sex without a condom, not sex with a condom.

Varitek said:
and i think dalton was more corrupt than me and jen. swap those numbers, or have a premium search.

gluey did a search and found that 75% for Dalton. You were originally 73% and Jen 74%, but you both redid the test later. I remember you ended up equal on 78% at one point.

major_panic said:

I don't see many black guys try to be all Afro-American gangsta here, only Asian guys trying to do it. :yuck:

And V for Vendetta is one of the most awesome graphic novels I've ever read, as is Watchmen.

I see Asians doing it too.

V For Vendetta and Watchmen are Alan Moore, not Frank Miller. Or was I missing something?

major_panic said:
Hey, I just heard Larry Mullen singing Dirty Old Town for some weird reason, which prompted me to ask:

Are there any good Aussie drinking songs out there beyond Waltzing Matilda?

waltzing matlida isnt a drinking song

try anything by cold chisel ! flame trees !

Axver said:

gluey did a search and found that 75% for Dalton. You were originally 73% and Jen 74%, but you both redid the test later. I remember you ended up equal on 78% at one point.

i should do it now before the naked party, and sunday after. but only when i'm done catching up on this thread.

ooooh i'm half way theeeere

The Sad Punk said:

I see Asians doing it too.

V For Vendetta and Watchmen are Alan Moore, not Frank Miller. Or was I missing something?

Whoops, I'm an idiot. How the hell did I get them mixed up? Probably because they've all had movies made.

Frank Miller's stuff is Daredevil, innit?

mysterious_jen said:

waltzing matlida isnt a drinking song

try anything by cold chisel ! flame trees !

It has such amazing potential as one that even if it isn't, it should be one.

It truly is that good as a song - possible national anthem AND drinking song!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom