Gamers Zone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm horrible at the Battlefront games too, but they're still fun. I recently broke out my Sega Genesis and much to my dismay, it doesn't work!!!! I bid on another one on eBay. I love playing Sonic 2, Maximum Carnage and X-men.

I just bought Ultimate Spiderman for PS2 and it's a lot of fun.

I can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 2! Teen Titans looks pretty cool too.

I just asked for a sega genesis for Christmas and...I got it for Christmas. Yeah, that's right. 24 years old and I'm still asking my parents for video games.

Best games ever:
Bomberman-Sega Genesis
-with my 4 player adaptor, this game was unbelievable
Tecmo Superbowl football-Nintendo 8bit
International Superstar Soccer '98-N64
Mario Kart-super nes or n64
007 for N64
Medal of Honor-PC

Got Philk? said:
I just asked for a sega genesis for Christmas and...I got it for Christmas. Yeah, that's right. 24 years old and I'm still asking my parents for video games.

Best games ever:
Bomberman-Sega Genesis
-with my 4 player adaptor, this game was unbelievable
Tecmo Superbowl football-Nintendo 8bit
International Superstar Soccer '98-N64
Mario Kart-super nes or n64
007 for N64
Medal of Honor-PC

Wait until you are 40 and your wife starts referring to the computer as "your mistress".... :wink:

Currently playing

Battlefield 1942 (PC)
NHL 06 (PC)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PC)
Live For Speed (PC)

I'm a 23 year old female. My husband loves it that I play video games. He's into real time strategy games for PC that I don't understand. I can't play PC games. I need a controller.

I just played through Medal of Honor: Frontline for the GameCube... It was a lot of fun, to my suprise. I had a few complaints about it, but, you know how that goes... a 'frontline' battlefield game wherein you are really only a member of the frontline combat for one mission, and then become a spy.

It should be noted that I hate, HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the Gamecube controller - and what's the deal with using the super-stiff C-stick as the default aiming mechanism. I died a number of times because I couldn't aim at a target directly in front of me. Nintendo needs to somehow develop an adapter so you can use N64 controllers for the GC... seriously... :slant:

Now, I don't want to ruin things for anyone, so I'm going to talk in really shady generalizations, but maybe beware of spoilers in the following just to be safe. The ending kindof sucked. The thing that really amused me was the notion of realism: they seemed to try really hard to make a feasible storyline and game with real WWII technology and scenarios and stuff, but then they go and make it so that bullets do 1/8th the damage of a punch or pistol whip. There were instances where I was being mobbed by Germans, and it was actually more effective to just hit people with my gun until they died rather than reloading my automatic. I killed what I suppose you'd have to call 'the boss' of the game (though he really wasn't in any conventional sense a super-tough boss type character as much as he was just another soldier) by pistol whipping him to death. He didn't really even manage to hit me, he shot at me and I ran around like a baffoon dodging bullets, and then I just rushed him while he reloaded his gun and I beat him to death with my gun. That last fight really disappointed me, to be honest. The last set of missions leading up to this one were insanely hard compared to the rest of the game, and even the start to that level had me replaying the first part half a dozen times to get past all the guys with rocket launchers and such... but then to be able to whack the guy 3 or 4 times with a gun and watch the ending? Ehhh... Not thrilled. If you have the chance, though, play through the game. There's some great gameplay to be had despite some of the drawbacks.

Have yet to try multiplayer though, so we'll see how that one turns out.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
I just played through Medal of Honor: Frontline for the GameCube... It was a lot of fun, to my suprise. I had a few complaints about it, but, you know how that goes... a 'frontline' battlefield game wherein you are really only a member of the frontline combat for one mission, and then become a spy.

It should be noted that I hate, HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE the Gamecube controller - and what's the deal with using the super-stiff C-stick as the default aiming mechanism. I died a number of times because I couldn't aim at a target directly in front of me. Nintendo needs to somehow develop an adapter so you can use N64 controllers for the GC... seriously... :slant:

Now, I don't want to ruin things for anyone, so I'm going to talk in really shady generalizations, but maybe beware of spoilers in the following just to be safe. The ending kindof sucked. The thing that really amused me was the notion of realism: they seemed to try really hard to make a feasible storyline and game with real WWII technology and scenarios and stuff, but then they go and make it so that bullets do 1/8th the damage of a punch or pistol whip. There were instances where I was being mobbed by Germans, and it was actually more effective to just hit people with my gun until they died rather than reloading my automatic. I killed what I suppose you'd have to call 'the boss' of the game (though he really wasn't in any conventional sense a super-tough boss type character as much as he was just another soldier) by pistol whipping him to death. He didn't really even manage to hit me, he shot at me and I ran around like a baffoon dodging bullets, and then I just rushed him while he reloaded his gun and I beat him to death with my gun. That last fight really disappointed me, to be honest. The last set of missions leading up to this one were insanely hard compared to the rest of the game, and even the start to that level had me replaying the first part half a dozen times to get past all the guys with rocket launchers and such... but then to be able to whack the guy 3 or 4 times with a gun and watch the ending? Ehhh... Not thrilled. If you have the chance, though, play through the game. There's some great gameplay to be had despite some of the drawbacks.

Yea, surprisingly. The N64 controller got a lot of flack from gamers, but I really liked it. It felt perfect to me. the Revolution controller looks like it could take a while getting used to, but Nintendo has said that they plan to make a "shell" for the remote-ish looking controller, so that people won't be put of to it. But what I like about it is that if you turn it sideways it kinda looks like the original NES controller! :drool: plus it has triggers underneath on the back where your index finger will rest so you can play old games like Duck Hunt. :hyper:

I've never really been able to get into war games. They haven't ever been my thing. I've always kinda been a fan of the hole fantasy adventurey type games like Zelda etc. But I may have to try some of these games because they seem to be getting good reviews.

Oh boy.....

I was a retired gamer for a while, after I finished off a lot of ........ things......

But I'm coming around to it again, perhaps. I don't know. It's a nice escape, sometimes.

I've played FF 4-10, but I'm relatively shallow in terms of gaming depth. I used to play Street Fighter and similar when I was younger, Mortal Kombat and such when I was a 'little kid'.

As for nowadays....

I'm rushing through Fable, because I didn't like it at first, and now just want to beat it just to say I've beaten it and get it out of the way. NCAA 2006 is fun for me, because, as you may have noticed, I am a huge Nebraska fan.

Other than that, though, I suppose I'm quite out of the loop when it comes to video games.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:

MOH: Frontline is great. One of my favs. On the other side of the coin, I prefer the Gamecube controller to the PS2.. I have small hands and I find everything to be in good reaching distance. If you want a somewhat harder Gamecube World War II FPS experiance try Call of Duty. Unfortch, there is no multiplayer on that.

The multiplayer is alot of fun in Frontline as well.. though there are no bots.

1. What about online games? Anyone play them/know any good ones? I don't mean the online part of 'proper' games, I mean 'homemade' ones so to speak. Online Flash games basically.

2. Why is Goldeneye the best FPS ever? I've never played it but everyone says it is so there must be something special about it.

3. MOH: Frontline. Loved the team based missions (v.atmospheric), was less keen on the 'on-your-own' ones. Anyone ever play an old PSone game called Urban Chaos? It was great but it always annoyed me how they'd send you (v.unrealistically) to do the hardest missions on your own, yet on the easier ones there were policemen seemingly everywhere! (disarm several nukes? On your own. Patrol the streets? Police all over the place!).

I think Goldeneye is probably the best console FPS ever. It's just a classic, and still enjoyable to play now.

I wonder who people would pick as the winner between Goldeneye, a console FPS and say.. Wolfenstein, the PC FPS? Really tough choice there.

TheQuiet1 said:
1. What about online games? Anyone play them/know any good ones? I don't mean the online part of 'proper' games, I mean 'homemade' ones so to speak. Online Flash games basically.

2. Why is Goldeneye the best FPS ever? I've never played it but everyone says it is so there must be something special about it.

3. MOH: Frontline. Loved the team based missions (v.atmospheric), was less keen on the 'on-your-own' ones. Anyone ever play an old PSone game called Urban Chaos? It was great but it always annoyed me how they'd send you (v.unrealistically) to do the hardest missions on your own, yet on the easier ones there were policemen seemingly everywhere! (disarm several nukes? On your own. Patrol the streets? Police all over the place!).
1. I don't really play many PC games. I actually ended up getting the PC version of Final Fantasy VII though. Which was a good purchase because that is an AMAZING game :drool: But the only other PC game that I was truly into was Diablo II online. The MMORPG. That shit was addicting. I wasted alot of my life on it :happy: level 99 Amazons with Windforces :combust:

2. I really think because it was just so unique from what the FPS had done before. It had really easy controlls to get into. And very fluid movement. It was quick, you didnt walk around all slow. (it almost looked like you're floating sometimes) It had lots of characters to choose from. lots of unlockables and cheats in the missions and multiplayer. lots of different modes. (remember "slap mode" where you karate chop eachother :lol: ) and basically was just a really FUN game, which is always the most important thing. Plus the actual single player game was entertaining and challenging. Having to beat some of those levels on 007 mode were ugh! Definitely the best most likely, Perfect Dark is actually up there to, right next to it. Hard to decide which is better, they both hold up today. IMO Thankfully Nintendo will let you download them both on their next console! :wink:

3. Never played the game, so I can't really comment on that.

Any PC gamers out there play World of Warcraft?

I don't play much on the consoles, but once in a while I'll play xbox with friends.

RavenBlue said:
I think Goldeneye is probably the best console FPS ever. It's just a classic, and still enjoyable to play now.

Goldeneye :heart:

That's because you're 3 years older than me. My cousin who's one year older than you had one and still has, lol. Have you kept yours?

Defender of the Crown :drool:

No, the C64 is gone :sad:

I can´t believe you just pulled the age card on me :shame:

Defender of the Crown :applaud:

Consoles are great now. the next generation is going to be Outstanding!

Lots of games and styles to choose from. HOORAY!

The oldest sytem I owed was just a NES. Which was fun. I even had ROB the robot that played along with you when you plugged him in. Too bad there were like only 1 or 2 games that he worked with, kinda a waste of money. but its pretty cool to say we have one of those things. I would say the best system ever made was SNES. The other Nintendo systems are great and I love them all (NES,N64,GCN,GameBoy,DS,etc) but SNES just had some incredible games.

Anyone still have their oldschool grey brick of a Gameboy. :hyper:

yimou said:

I can´t believe you just pulled the age card on me :shame:

:ohmy:

People get so touchy about their age when they turn.....uhhhmmm :scratch: cannot remember :sad:.

:wink:

My uncle had a C64, I loved going over and playing the Commonwealth game I think it was. There was a caber toss, and if you missed the pole would fall on your head. Then there was the high dive, where if you got it wrong, I think you went head first into a rock... and survived. Got to love video games :wink:

My favourite old, old system has got to be Intellivision though. So many great, classic and fun games.

I have an Xbox, and the huge clunky controllers sucked, so I had to get the smaller ones which I love.

I love playing Star Wars games, Halo, war games, Madden, and the NBA Live series

I'm also a Virgo, who enjoys long walks on the beach...:wink:

RavenBlue said:

It's here but not operational. Will the Gameboys of today play the old cartridges?

Unfortunately The Nintendo DS does not play original GameBoy games, where as the GameBoy Advance does, although they look pretty silly sticking out of the handheld like that because they are so tall :lol:

And I still have the original, but the glass/plastic/whatever cover that protects the screen came off, and I liked using my DS and GBA games better anyway. Although Link's Awakening=Teh Pwn! Best handheld game evah!11!

The next GameBoy is actually in the works. Which is pretty strange considering they have the GBA, GBASP, DS, and now GBMicro. What more can they do. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom