For Cat Lovers Only VI - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:yikes: I gotta go to the vet in an hour

miep came home about half an hour ago, I opened the door... she went in, a bit slow... went straight past her food and drink... just stood half a meter from it... facing the ground... then as I walked on she did too, very slowly... and when she walked tot he stairs, I knew something was wrong... she usually hops on the stair, takes two or three stairs in once.... but now, she went paw for paw, slowly one stair at the time.... I went back in the room thinking she's just a bit off.... but I didn't trust it and told my parents and sister.... my dad checked on her, and she barely reacted... and I checked her, and her jaw was totally weird! the lower part looks wrong, it's like it's been pushed back or so :huh: usually the cat's face is like a human, the jaw below the nose, but it was more like it's below the fron teeth now!
she doesn't want us to touch it, and doesn't react to petting, or food or whatever..
we called the vet, she asked us if we could try to see the jaw from the inside, didn't work... she turned her head away and growled... so we could go to this vet in an hour! thank god for her, since ours is closed for an hr already!

:( wish me luck!

Oh dear Galeongirl, your poor kitty! I'm glad you noticed and were able to get a vet appointment. I'm sending good kitty vibes your way and will be thinking of you. make sure to let us know what the vet says about it.

I always feel so bad for animals when they are hurt or sick. :sad:

thank god! the idiot prolly fell out of a tree or any high ground... she has a bruised spine and has to stay inside now.... she's on painkillers
man, I've NEVER heard her growl so badly as today! usually she doesn't like the vet, she's kinda grumpy, but doesn't make that much noise.... this time she was noisy non stop, then completely confused when she was allowed to walk again... and then she got a shot with painkillers and I held her, and she put her nose in my belly and her paw too... as if she begged me to take her home :cute: she jumped in her carrier too, never done that before... I guess she was glad to go home!

she's now somewhere here, and I'm glad she's ok... :hug: thanks for the kitty vibes ladies!

Galeongirl said:
thank god! the idiot prolly fell out of a tree or any high ground... she has a bruised spine and has to stay inside now.... she's on painkillers
man, I've NEVER heard her growl so badly as today! usually she doesn't like the vet, she's kinda grumpy, but doesn't make that much noise.... this time she was noisy non stop, then completely confused when she was allowed to walk again... and then she got a shot with painkillers and I held her, and she put her nose in my belly and her paw too... as if she begged me to take her home :cute: she jumped in her carrier too, never done that before... I guess she was glad to go home!

she's now somewhere here, and I'm glad she's ok... :hug: thanks for the kitty vibes ladies!

Awww... I'm so glad she will be ok. :yes: I'm sure she'll probably go hide so she can get some rest and recover. :hug:

indra said:
A friend of mine just emailed me about a stray cat she found last week. She put a "found" ad in the paper and called around to all the shelters, vets, animal control etc., to see if anyone had reported him missing (as he is neutered and has obviously lived as a house cat), but has had no luck. She's living at her parents house while finishing up her nursing degree and caring for her niece who has kidney failure (and with any luck is about to undergo her second kidney transplant very soon) and there is no way she can keep him. This is the description she emailed me of him (she's going to try to get pics soon):

"he's an orange tiger with a little white on his nose and throat, a few years old, and a great laid-back cuddly personality. I had him tested for Feline Leukemia and FIV (both were negative), vaccinated, and applied Revolution"

So if anyone in the Toledo/Maumee, Ohio area can take or even foster this guy, please let me know. I keep thinking "what's one more cat? It's not like anyone would notice (the other cats would though -- and Miss Myrrh would be seriously pissed off!)" but I've spent about $2000 in vet bills since just after Christmas and I really can't take on any more. :(

:( I hope someone takes the kitty soon!

Glad Miep will be OK! That sure sounded horrific.

Some recent piccies:

Everybody's couch buddies now!
Cats%20March%202007%20004.jpg

Cats%20March%202007%20006.jpg

Cats%20March%202007%20011.jpg

Caught! This is what our cats drink out of, this or the toilet
Cats%20March%202007%20013.jpg

Cats%20March%202007%20018.jpg

Waiting for spring....(still 3 ft of snow in front of the window there)
Cats%20March%202007%20015.jpg

Posh begging for a belly rub, all splayed out looking fat
Cats%20March%202007%20019.jpg

Still my first kitty baby
Cats%20March%202007%20027.jpg

Marijke's idea of showing affection = gnawing on fingertips
March%204%20001.jpg

Chillin on the unmade bed
More%20Marijke%20Nov%2006%20009.jpg

Thanks! I think Marijke's kind of a funny looking cat. She's really skinny and won't put on weight, she's a "torbie" so she's sort of tabby, sort of tortoiseshell, and her eyes are this weird green/gold color (just like when a camera flash goes off on a cat's eyes - that's her natural eye color). I do like her "peekaboo" markings though, the cream coloring around her eyes.

Liesje said:
I would take him if I were closer or someone could bring him to me. :(

That might be able to be arranged if you are serious. :yes:

Here are some pics of him.

playtime.jpg

cuddlykitty.jpg

catinbox.jpg

closeup.jpg

He looks so much like several of my orange cats!

Galeongirl said:

How scary. Did they say what's wrong with her jaw?
Poor miep :hug:

Liesje said:
Thanks! I think Marijke's kind of a funny looking cat. She's really skinny and won't put on weight, she's a "torbie" so she's sort of tabby, sort of tortoiseshell, and her eyes are this weird green/gold color (just like when a camera flash goes off on a cat's eyes - that's her natural eye color). I do like her "peekaboo" markings though, the cream coloring around her eyes.

I love her coloring. And her tail makes me laugh since it seems to be so much bigger than her body! :giggle:

indra said:

That might be able to be arranged if you are serious. :yes:

Is he neutered? That would be my only concern, otherwise I'd be serious. The surgery I could possibly afford, but keeping a close watch over a recovering cat in a tiny apartment with three other cats might be really hard and stressful for him. Actually, if our HS is still doing $2 Tomcat Tuesdays, I can get a cat neutered for $2! I may not keep him, but I'd rather foster a cat indefinitely while trying to find it a good home than see it dumped at a shelter. I've noticed lately that several people have had good success re-homing cats through our "eDeals" forum at school. I've offered to foster several and each person has said they'd found the cat a permanent home.

EDIT: OK I read he is neutered. I can foster a cat, or at least put an ad up on our school forum and see if there is any interest around here...

^

Great news on the orange kitty front! My friend may have found him a home! The deal is dependent on the new cat and the person's current cat getting along, but it looks pretty good. My friend stopped by the place where kitty will go Monday and will be taking him there on Wednesday (it's on the way to her niece's dialysis treatment, so that's very handy).

So it looks as if the cat emergency is solved for right now. You know I starting to think that just by saying you'll foster a cat, Liesje, the forces align to find it a home. That's a pretty good talent! :)

But of course, over the past few days there has been a little cat hanging around the house. I think it might be cared for (or at least fed) by the people across the street, but I'm not sure, so I put some cat food out for it.

$2 for neutering?!? Wow, that's a wonderful price. I bet they are booked up on that day for weeks ahead. I was thrilled when I found a place to get Spunky Butt neutered for $29 (and they offer inexpensive shots too, so he's all done for the year at a very reasonable price).

Last edited:
indra said:

$2 for neutering?!? Wow, that's a wonderful price. I bet they are booked up on that day for weeks ahead. I was thrilled when I found a place to get Spunky Butt neutered for $29 (and they offer inexpensive shots too, so he's all done for the year at a very reasonable price).

You'd think, but people can be so lazy. Some of the volunteers round up male ferals and have them done. We also have C-SNIP which does ferals for free in their mobile unit.

Glad he found a home in your neck of the woods!!

Liesje said:

Caught! This is what our cats drink out of, this or the toilet
Cats%20March%202007%20013.jpg

:lmao: I've had that problem too, especially when I'm cleaning my aquarium, Miep tends to try to drink the dirty water!
oh, and my fishes ofcourse :rolleyes: yes, she tries to DRINK them... :lol:

Thanks for all the hugs, I was really scared that she'd ran into a car or so! She's a bit goofy today, threw up on the pillow she's been lying on since last night.. and she lied on my lap for three hours this afternoon, she usually lies on my lap for... an hour tops.. then she gets bored/annoyed and walks away... she still walks the stairs slowly, but jumps every now and then... so I think she's doing fine..

the orange cat looks so cute :love: wish I could take him home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom