For Cat Lovers Only II - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-10-2006, 11:46 PM   #121
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:05 PM
The crate for a week with no cat litter? Oops! I got Posh the day after she was spayed and didn't even know she'd been spayed that recently until a week later when I bothered to carefully read over her medical papers.

Old 03-11-2006, 01:10 PM   #122
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 12:05 PM

She actually has to have shredded paper in the litterbox instead of litter for risk of infection.

Personally I think she not need be confined to a crate for a week (see I have a problem with cats and crates lol.. I just think its cruel) she can probably be let out with supervision.

Old 03-11-2006, 03:24 PM   #123
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:05 PM
I let her out for a bit but then she decided to leap onto the window and then fall.

I'm wondering if this incision will heal fast. I'm afraid to hold her because I might hurt the incision area.

I also can't get her to use the litter box with shredded paper. I don't want her holding it and have her have an infection or anything.
Old 03-11-2006, 04:44 PM   #124
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
I let her out for a bit but then she decided to leap onto the window and then fall.

I'm wondering if this incision will heal fast. I'm afraid to hold her because I might hurt the incision area.

I also can't get her to use the litter box with shredded paper. I don't want her holding it and have her have an infection or anything.
Did the leap and fall seem to have hurt the incision area? If not perhaps she will have figured out that she can't do stuff like that and will calm down a bit.

I think she should be fine to be held, just be kind of careful of the incision site. Does she usually like to be heal? If she does, it shouldn't be a problem, but if she doesn't really like it she might struggle a lot. But if she's used to it and likes it I can't see why not.

I'd use the litter she is used to and just check the incision site frequently. It doesn't make sense to me to change the litter so abruptly and drastically. One of the big reasons people get rid of cats is litterbox issues, so I would think anything that might make her dislike her litterbox should be avoided if at all possible.

(and if you notice most of us haven't ever heard of that when our cats have been spayed. So although it might be a valid practice, it isn't a universal one.)
Old 03-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #125
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

You poor guys

She'll be uncoordinated for a while from the surgery. What if you shred the paper very very thin, like a paper shredder and put a bit of her old used litter in it. I'm sure she will use it. You could keep her confined in the bathroom with it for a little bit maybe?
Old 03-11-2006, 04:50 PM   #126
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Saki was helping again today with my ebay stuff.

Old 03-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #127
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Did the leap and fall seem to have hurt the incision area? If not perhaps she will have figured out that she can't do stuff like that and will calm down a bit.

I think she should be fine to be held, just be kind of careful of the incision site. Does she usually like to be heal? If she does, it shouldn't be a problem, but if she doesn't really like it she might struggle a lot. But if she's used to it and likes it I can't see why not.

I'd use the litter she is used to and just check the incision site frequently. It doesn't make sense to me to change the litter so abruptly and drastically. One of the big reasons people get rid of cats is litterbox issues, so I would think anything that might make her dislike her litterbox should be avoided if at all possible.

(and if you notice most of us haven't ever heard of that when our cats have been spayed. So although it might be a valid practice, it isn't a universal one.)
No it didn't bother her incision area but I want to be really careful. She's very hyper and jumps all over the place. But with the thing around her neck she can't really jump too much. She's tried to lick herself a few times but the thing gets in the way. It's funny how she tries to lick herself only to lick that stupid thing around her neck. I can't wait for this week to be over so she can go back to her normal routine.

This is our first cat as you know. I've had a cat before but it was the family cat. Like I said on the kitty board, I can't imagine what I would be like if I had a kid!
Old 03-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #128
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Saki was helping again today with my ebay stuff.

Saki is so beautiful.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #129
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Dismantled
Have you guys seen this? http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=16060
When my Shadow was a kitten, he'd gotten into some mischief and I was scolding him. He looked up at me so sadly and cried, "Mama!" My heart just melted.
Old 03-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #130
New Yorker

Thanks guys!

Well, he went in on Monday to remove a lump he had in his abdomen and ended up staying extra days due to high fever and his licking his stitches raw.

So, after the tests came back it turned out to be a lipoma (fatty tumour and benign) which caused a hernia. They tried putting a cone on him but he was having none of it so they sent the cone home with me for me to try but he hasn't been at his stitches. He's just slept and slept and slept. My poor baby is miserable.

Old 03-11-2006, 10:23 PM   #131
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:05 PM
Old 03-11-2006, 10:36 PM   #132
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by wenda
Thanks guys!

Well, he went in on Monday to remove a lump he had in his abdomen and ended up staying extra days due to high fever and his licking his stitches raw.

So, after the tests came back it turned out to be a lipoma (fatty tumour and benign) which caused a hernia. They tried putting a cone on him but he was having none of it so they sent the cone home with me for me to try but he hasn't been at his stitches. He's just slept and slept and slept. My poor baby is miserable.

That's good news about the tomour being benign. Here's hoping he makes a quick recovery now and is back to his old self soon.

Old 03-11-2006, 10:39 PM   #133
New Yorker

Thanks Lila and indra! Hopefully he's all good by the time those stitches come out. Getting him to the vet is something I have to worry about now, lol.
Old 03-11-2006, 10:43 PM   #134
Blue Crack Addict

Oh Wenda, the poor baby. I hope he'll be ok soon!
Old 03-11-2006, 10:50 PM   #135
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Girl1978
Oh Wenda, the poor baby. I hope he'll be ok soon!
Thanks, girl! Look at this beautiful face: