For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she like belly rubs? Posh is so odd, she hates to be picked up, held, and usually petted, but she will roll around and howl at me until I rub her belly and scratch her back.

Sicy said:

She's at it again :laugh:

32857.jpg

What a hussy! :lol:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
Does she like belly rubs? Posh is so odd, she hates to be picked up, held, and usually petted, but she will roll around and howl at me until I rub her belly and scratch her back.

You would think so from the pics eh? NO WAY! She will bite anyone that touches her belly. But she does love to have her butt spanked. Hussy indeed! :lol:

Sicy said:
But she does love to have her butt spanked. Hussy indeed! :lol:

So does Beckham. He likes his rear scratched and he likes it when I pat him all over, kind of like pat/hit a dog.

I tried to record Posh singing to me last night because it's sooooo cute, but of course the one time I have the mic hooked up she doesn't make a peep. :|

Awwwwwwww. Zoey chats with me SO MUCH. She answers all my questions and even asks some :lol: She has so many different cute meows its hilarious to have a conversation with her.

Here's a cute one of Patches, my socialized feral cat. She is too cute. She has to always jump up in my lap and walk all over it when I sit outside and she meows and meows for me to pet her :cute:

33150.jpg

I am going to try to pill her for her worms :shifty: I dont think its going to happen though lol.

She's feral basically, she lives on my patio and around the neighborhood.

WildHoneyAlways said:

Will loves when I pat his back. (right before the tail) He also "yells" at me when his food bowl is empty. :cute:

I'm going to record my herd when they're ready to be fed so you guys can hear what it's like. They're sneaky too. I come home and they howl at me until I get their diner, then an hour later, Melissa comes home and they howl at her until she's convinced they haven't been fed yet.

Zoey cracks me up when she stands like this with her big ass feet pointed outwards :lol:

33310.jpg

aw! little furry hands :cute: Does she ever used those thumbs? Beckham is not polydactyl, but since he was front declawed, he can use the pads of his feet like fingers, picking up bits of food and holding them between his pads, and will sit and eat like a monkey. :ohmy:

That photo reminds me of when Posh was a kitten, we honestly thought she had a deformity because when she sat like that, her legs were always at least 4 inches apart (wider than the position of her front shoulders) and her toes turned out like Zoey's are there.

Cats are so funny, they all have their own little quirks!

Sicy, if you don't regularly brush Saki, I would start - that seems to make the biggest difference for cats with hairballs, much more than just loading them up on things like Cat Lax. Sometimes it can be a sign of intestinal problems, but many times it's just a matter of reducing the volume of hair so they don't take in so much when they are grooming themselves.

Yeah I never really thought about it because he's short hair :reject: But I have started trying to brush him every day. He starts out seeming like he likes it, and then he makes some terrible cat noises and tries to attack the brush.. :yikes: So then I stop lol.

I am crossing my fingers, he did not throw up yesterday at all.. and neither today so far either, I will be so happy if it was just the worms causing his stomach upset, but I am still continuing with the food switch to hairball formula and the brushing.

Sicy said:
Yeah I never really thought about it because he's short hair :reject: But I have started trying to brush him every day. He starts out seeming like he likes it, and then he makes some terrible cat noises and tries to attack the brush.. :yikes: So then I stop lol.

Worf does the same thing :lol:. I bought these gloves that are supposed to pick up hair when I pet her, but they don't work as well . . . and now I can't find the brush :reject:.

That's funny! I have found that this type of brush picks up the most hair..

45600340.jpg

It has the small metal bristles, picks up loads of hair!

That's a good brush for short haired cats, my ultimate favorite for medium and long haired cats (as well as thick coated shorthaired cats) is the Mat Breaker, I never knew about it until I started at my job:

49049.jpg

Gets out TONS of hair :drool: It's more expensive than a regular brush but totally worth it, esp if your cat isn't crazy about being brushed - you can get out much more in 4-5 swipes than you would with just a regular brush :up:

Last edited:
OK you guys will totally appreciate this, especially given the most recent topic being discussed.

So my Reilly went back to the vet yesterday because he continued to projectile puke (think The Exorcist) after we'd brought him home on Monday. I had been assist feeding him and he'd kept down one meal in 48 hours. Everything else came back up at what appeared to be 100 miles an hour, no joke.

I and his docs continued to be suspicious that he had some kind of obstruction somewhere in the GI tract, although nothing had been apparent on the xrays from Monday. They took more xrays yesterday and noted some subtle differences from the Monday films, but still didn't see anything conclusive. Sent some barium down the hatch at the end of the day yesterday, took more films, still nothing.

Lo and behold, this morning, finally, there appeared to be a suspcicious presence in his mid-bowel area. So in they went for an exploratory, and sure enough, a big hunk of something was in there, surrounded by dying intestinal tissue. The doc ended up removing about four inches of intestine and when it was all over she examined the stuff the blockage was made out of.

You guessed it. An enormous, densely packed hairball.

Needless to say Reilly feels much better now. He should come home from the hospital on Saturday.

Geez Louise.

Sicy said:
Zoey cracks me up when she stands like this with her big ass feet pointed outwards :lol:

33310.jpg

My Holly does that all the time. I always tell her she's doing a beautiful "first position" (from ballet class when I was little).

OMG Catlady!! Did they have to actually do surgery to get it out? :no: That is soooo scary! I sure hope he feels better soon :hug:

Well Saki has only been throwing up once a day or once every two days, and doesnt have a problem keeping meals down or going to the bathroom, or even showing any signs that he feels bad... so I'm not really sure what's going on but I'm working on it :crack:

Holly is so beautiful :drool: :love:

Catlady said:
OK you guys will totally appreciate this, especially given the most recent topic being discussed.

So my Reilly went back to the vet yesterday because he continued to projectile puke (think The Exorcist) after we'd brought him home on Monday. I had been assist feeding him and he'd kept down one meal in 48 hours. Everything else came back up at what appeared to be 100 miles an hour, no joke.

I and his docs continued to be suspicious that he had some kind of obstruction somewhere in the GI tract, although nothing had been apparent on the xrays from Monday. They took more xrays yesterday and noted some subtle differences from the Monday films, but still didn't see anything conclusive. Sent some barium down the hatch at the end of the day yesterday, took more films, still nothing.

Lo and behold, this morning, finally, there appeared to be a suspcicious presence in his mid-bowel area. So in they went for an exploratory, and sure enough, a big hunk of something was in there, surrounded by dying intestinal tissue. The doc ended up removing about four inches of intestine and when it was all over she examined the stuff the blockage was made out of.

You guessed it. An enormous, densely packed hairball.

Needless to say Reilly feels much better now. He should come home from the hospital on Saturday.

Geez Louise.

Yowsa! Poor Reilly. I'm glad that Reilly is ok. :hug:

I should keep an eye out for Chloe because her tail is getting really fluffy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom