Fenway Park Superthread! - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-07-2008, 07:59 PM   #91
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Red Sox pitching allowed 657 runs last season.

Mariners pitching allowed 813 runs, which was more than the 794 runs you scored. Hence your September collapse.

If you really think adding Bedard takes you from being a non-playoff team to being better than the defending WS champs, I just think you're a little overly enthusiastic about your team. Not quite objective.

Putz is great, though.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #92
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 09:48 AM
__________________

__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:00 PM   #93
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist


That's okay because we've handed NY their asses in the playoffs before, too.
1995, true.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:01 PM   #94
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 09:48 AM
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #95
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 09:48 AM
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #96
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words
Red Sox pitching allowed 657 runs last season.

Mariners pitching allowed 813 runs, which was more than the 794 runs you scored. Hence your September collapse.

If you really think adding Bedard takes you from being a non-playoff team to being better than the defending WS champs, I just think you're a little overly enthusiastic about your team. Not quite objective.

Putz is great, though.
Mariners also added Silva. And Felix is healthy. And we don't have the two choke artists who both had ERA's above 6 (Weaver and Ramirez) in the rotation. Huge differences man. Huge.
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:04 PM   #97
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


1995, true.
5 or so of the ST instructors for the Mariners were on that '95 team. Oh, and we've got Stottlemeyer as our pitching coach, who usually can turn shit into gold. So take Seattle's already bronze pitching? Yeah, he turns it into diamond.
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist


Mariners also added Silva. And Felix is healthy. And we don't have the two choke artists who both had ERA's above 6 (Weaver and Ramirez) in the rotation. Huge differences man. Huge.
Silva, don't get too worked up over him. The King, though, good point.

I think you'll battle Anaheim for the division, as long as the King and Bedard stay healthy. And anything can happen in a 7-game Series, but, to me, the Red Sox are still the best team in Baseball. Less pressure on Dice-K, Jacoby all year, Lester and Bucholz, etc....

That's the fun of spring training, though....battles for jobs, verbal battles over who is better than who, etc.
__________________
No spoken words is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:05 PM   #99
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 09:48 AM
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by No spoken words


Silva, don't get too worked up over him. The King, though, good point.
Silva, I believe, had more innings last year than Ramirez and Weaver combined. That alone will help out the bullpen (which is the only reason we collapsed--the bullpen was flat out tired because of the reality of a 3-man rotation).
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:08 PM   #101
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 09:48 AM
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:09 PM   #102
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 09:48 AM
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #103
Blue Crack Addict
 
Varitek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: on borderland we run
Posts: 16,861
Local Time: 09:48 AM
__________________
Varitek is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:10 PM   #104
Blue Crack Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 26,959
Local Time: 06:48 AM
I see Vazza's speechless....
__________________
the tourist is offline  
Old 03-07-2008, 08:11 PM   #105
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 06:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the tourist


Silva, I believe, had more innings last year than Ramirez and Weaver combined. That alone will help out the bullpen (which is the only reason we collapsed--the bullpen was flat out tired because of the reality of a 3-man rotation).
He pitched 202 innings with an ERA not much over 4. Decent season, but, no savior. He might be a big addition over what was there prior, though, sure.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com