Error Island, Sitka County, Alaska Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no hairstylist should ever tell me i can't/shouldn't dye my hair, i end up taking it as a challenge!

Precisely. I started designing my astronomy tattoo in Photoshop, but I think my next one will be something Batman-related. Maybe the Batman/Joker playing card...:hmm:

yeah, i obviously don't remember too much about pennsylvania winters from when i was there, but my parents have told me enough about it to have a good idea. after a few years there, they didn't really hesitate when my dad had an offer to transfer to florida.

When did you live in PA?

Overall, Philly is in a very good spot weather-wise. We don't get tornadoes, we get only the tail end of hurricanes, it snows, but usually not terribly heavy. And we don't get earthquakes.

At the moment I'm using the Body Shop shampoo for coloured hair, which seems to work OK. My new hairdresser didn't try to flog me stuff yesterday, but I've only been there twice now.

I'm going to keep going back there, those chairs are seriously :drool: And the room where they wash your hair is separate from the main salon and the lights are dimmed too... It's the complete lifestyle!!!!!
ooh, that's cool. i usually switch up brands every few years, but i've no idea what i'd change to and my stylist seems to think my hair's doing okay, so i can stick with this for a while longer.

man, that sounds awesome. does the stylist wash your hair too or is there a shampoo girl? (i personally prefer when the stylist does everything)

Morning!! You can have the colour removed, a girl at work had her long black hair stripped back to its natural colour, though it took a couple of hours :lol:

I know, but I like my hair black. Boys pay attention to me, and it pisses off the part of the family I hate anyway.

When did you live in PA?

Overall, Philly is in a very good spot weather-wise. We don't get tornadoes, we get only the tail end of hurricanes, it snows, but usually not terribly heavy. And we don't get earthquakes.
83-early 85. my parents moved there in 79 though. we lived in pittsburgh.

ooh, that is nice. everywhere i've lived has always had at least one major weather thing. though i must say i've always been lucky, never have had any damage from tornadoes or hurricanes or anything.

:laugh:

FAR of her own initiative came to visit me while I was in hospital. But don't read too much into that. I'm not interested in anything and I'm pretty sure she's more interested in this other chap.

Though we probably will go out to the Yarra Valley Railway someday this summer!
Ah platonic friends :cute: Platonic friends is good, except for one platonic friend who didn't wish to make things less platonic :sigh:

ooh, awesome :drool: i've kind of scribbled mine out on a piece of paper, not sure if i've got the patience to fiddle with it in photoshop or not though.

I'd like mine to look as real as possible, which means a lot of going under the needle and having a sore arm, but I can't draw, so photoshop's my only way to go.

I know, but I like my hair black. Boys pay attention to me, and it pisses off the part of the family I hate anyway.
that's a good enough reason to keep it black! i must admit i've done some stuff with my hair solely to piss off my mom, mostly when i was younger. i remember the first time i went all blonde, then just months later did black with bright red streaks. both times i was like "ohh this is so going to piss her off!"

now she encourages me to get blue streaks and such. :sigh:

That would make a great travel advert "Come to Philadelphia, we don't get earthquakes!"

:lol:

I'd like mine to look as real as possible, which means a lot of going under the needle and having a sore arm, but I can't draw, so photoshop's my only way to go.
ahh, yeah. what are you thinking of for the astronomy one? i'm hoping since i want mostly constellations it won't be too difficult for them to draw, i have a lot of faith in the tattoo parlour i go to.

the only thing i'm not sure about is once i get the whole thing drawn in is if i want them to also draw a sky or not, because it'd affect what colour i have them draw everything else in (if i don't it can be in just black, but if i do it could get lost with everything else)

ooh, that's cool. i usually switch up brands every few years, but i've no idea what i'd change to and my stylist seems to think my hair's doing okay, so i can stick with this for a while longer.

man, that sounds awesome. does the stylist wash your hair too or is there a shampoo girl? (i personally prefer when the stylist does everything)
Yesterday the stylist did the lot. And he must have sensed I was really tense (I've had a fairly crap week) cos he spent AGES with the scalp massage. It was a serious downer to go get the hair cut :lol:

83-early 85. my parents moved there in 79 though. we lived in pittsburgh.

ooh, that is nice. everywhere i've lived has always had at least one major weather thing. though i must say i've always been lucky, never have had any damage from tornadoes or hurricanes or anything.
Gotcha. Yeah, I've been there half a dozen times or so. Nice town. Really underrated.
That would make a great travel advert "Come to Philadelphia, we don't get earthquakes!"

:lol:

"And quite frankly, there's not much else to brag about!"

See you, Reggo. :wave:

I rather like Melbourne, because where I am is pretty much not going to be bothered by any extreme weather. New Zealand had earthquakes and Queensland had storms/cyclones, but I think the worst that can happen to me in my position in Melbourne are high winds.

Yesterday the stylist did the lot. And he must have sensed I was really tense (I've had a fairly crap week) cos he spent AGES with the scalp massage. It was a serious downer to go get the hair cut :lol:
:drool: that was like me yesterday with my facial. my aesthetician spent a little more extra time on the neck/shoulder rub than normal!

I've got a facial booked next Saturday, so looking forward to the neck/shoulder massage :drool:
:drool: plus i had a pedicure yesterday. all the pampering helped me kick a migraine i'd had for two days. now i'm going to save up over the next few months to treat myself to a huge spa package on my birthday - i'll get the works.

Well it's 10.45 am and I should make the most of this Sunday morning. Going for a walk and get the paper, and then having lunch with my Mum for her birthday, which is tomorrow. Have a good day/night folks and maybe catch y'all later :wave:

My hair's getting pretty long now. I think I might cut it all off for the sake of shocking people with sudden change.

Not when it's smashing your windows or frying your modem.
i've had a computer get fried when we had a bad thunderstorm years ago. but since we have homeowner's insurance, we were able to get an even better one :drool: it was the first brand new computer we ever had (still pretty slow even then, but i could finally listen to mp3s!), we'd always previously had second-hand ones from friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom