End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Varitek

Blue Crack Addict
So far, we've visited...

- Pop Survivor Round One
- Australia Discotheque style
- EBTTRT
- IAMJ
- TCATT
- POTDB
- EYKIW/Liechtenstein
- AIWIU2
- Australia
- Djibouti
- Te Urewera National Park
- Inaccessible Island
- Lodgepole, Nebraska
- Bangaluru, which was Bangin'
- Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotameteaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenakitanatahu
- Territorial Collectivity of Saint Pierre and Miquelon
- Ouagadougou
- Dominican Republic
- Longyearbyen, Spitsbergen
- Fernando de Noronha
- Kyzyl
- Torquay, aka Fawlty Towers
- Bill, Wyoming
- Fenway Park
- Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic
- Vrbno pod Pradědem
- Unalaska, Alaska
- Gimme a Sexy Peak, Idaho
- Fucking, Austria
- Wittenoom, Western Australia
- Hell, Michigan
- Centralia, Pennsylvania
- Anus, France
- Vagina, Krasnoyarsk Krai, Russia
- Wetwang, England
- Cunter, Switzerland
- Axver's a Bastard Township, Ontario
- Useless Loop, Western Australia
- Tea, South Dakota
- Giggleswick, England
- Whakapapa (pronounced "Fuck a Papa"), New Zealand, aka Incest
- Jen's Room, Lamethreadlocation, Geelong
- Twatt, Shetland
- Fingringhoe, Essex
- Blowhard, Victoria
- Orange Free State, South Africa
- Middle Intercourse Island
- Disneyland, Anaheim, California, USA
- Saint-Louis-du-Ha! Ha!, Quebec
- disqualified
- Boring Lava Field, Oregon
- Morón Air Base, Spain
- Comet 3D/Biela (lost)
- Dildo, Newfoundland
- Haiku Valley, Hawaii
- Hole of Horcum, England
- Cumbum, Tamil Nadu, India
- Hell For Certain, Kentucky
- Devil's Dyke, Sussex, England
- Koolyanobbing, Western Australia
- Jamaica Plain, Massachusetts
- Three Cocks, Wales
- Saddam Hussein Town, Sri Lanka
- Tittybong, Victoria, Australia
- Humptulips, WA
- Sugar Tit, SC

Today we visit End of Earth, because we've been just about everywhere else. Located in Michigan, I can't really tell you much more about it, but according to this sign:

endofearthfn7.jpg

it is 2 miles from Houghton, Michigan, and thus somewhere on this map:

screencapturevm4.png

Total Posts: 1,010
User Posts
Axver 198
LemonMelon 122
Varitek 115
phillyfan26 114
the tourist 91
KhanadaRhodes 91
Alisaura 55
The Sad Punk 50
COBL_04 38
coolian2 34
DreamOutLoud13 26
No spoken words 21
phanan 20
Screwtape2 20
mysterious_jen 8
major_panic 7

Axver said:
I have no bloody clue what Quizno's is, but it needs a better name. One that doesn't sound like "quiz nose". I don't want a nose with quizzes dribbling out of it.

i associate quiznos with a hepatitis outbreak in boston years ago. but they make much heartier (more calories but still fresh) subs than subway, have lots of sauces, a cool toasting machine, and good soup. and are slightly more expensive.

really i don't go to either unless it's the only choice, i prefer "ethnic" food (nod to stuffwhitepeoplelike). spicey food, that is, so if i want a sandwich near fenway, where there's deangelo's, subway, quiznos, etc, i'll go to this little middle eastern place and get falafel or eggplant or something

the tourist said:
Total Posts: 1,010
User Posts
Axver 198
LemonMelon 122
Varitek 115
phillyfan26 114
the tourist 91
KhanadaRhodes 91
Alisaura 55
The Sad Punk 50
COBL_04 38
coolian2 34
DreamOutLoud13 26
No spoken words 21
phanan 20
Screwtape2 20
mysterious_jen 8
major_panic 7

Someone grabbed the stats too early. :tsk:

Total Posts: 1,012
User Posts
Axver 199
LemonMelon 122
Varitek 116
phillyfan26 114
the tourist 91
KhanadaRhodes 91
Alisaura 55
The Sad Punk 50
COBL_04 38
coolian2 34
DreamOutLoud13 26
No spoken words 21
phanan 20
Screwtape2 20
mysterious_jen 8
major_panic 7

Varitek said:

i associate quiznos with a hepatitis outbreak in boston years ago. but they make much heartier (more calories but still fresh) subs than subway, have lots of sauces, a cool toasting machine, and good soup. and are slightly more expensive.

really i don't go to either unless it's the only choice, i prefer "ethnic" food (nod to stuffwhitepeoplelike). spicey food, that is, so if i want a sandwich near fenway, where there's deangelo's, subway, quiznos, etc, i'll go to this little middle eastern place and get falafel or eggplant or something

Oh god, I'm such a white person. Whenever my brother and I go to this Ethiopian place here, I feel uncomfortable when there are some white college students there too. I'm like, fuck you guys, I'm white and I was here first.

You know who has good sandwiches?

http://www.penn-station.com/

The first time I ate there, I was like "I am never stepping foot in Subway again."

Their fries are also delicious :drool:

The ingredients are all fresh too, they cut the potatoes for the fries, bake the bread, and cut the meat and cheeses and vegetables all right there in the store.

Axver said:

Someone grabbed the stats too early. :tsk:

Total Posts: 1,012
User Posts
Axver 199
LemonMelon 122
Varitek 116
phillyfan26 114
the tourist 91
KhanadaRhodes 91
Alisaura 55
The Sad Punk 50
COBL_04 38
coolian2 34
DreamOutLoud13 26
No spoken words 21
phanan 20
Screwtape2 20
mysterious_jen 8
major_panic 7

Someone posted in the old thread when the new thread was up and moving. :tsk:

i guess it's not so much ethnic food as genre food and not plain old american. cause bbq, cajun, etc are delicious. and some italian or french hits the spot at the right time. then i do love american steaks, fish, soups, etc: legal seafoods.

when i get home from school i'm going to a french cambodian place with my mom :drool:

Axver said:

But if I'm having chicken, I don't want some salad dressing. I want proper sauce. I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect the two primary sauces to be available. I was stunned that I had to resort to mustard the first time, because they had neither barbecue nor tomato (and yes, I even lowered myself to asking for "ketchup" in a vain bid to get something to go with my chicken).

Good God you Yanks are weird sometimes.

Hey now, when it comes to these things, I'm in complete agreement with you.

the tourist said:

Hey now, when it comes to these things, I'm in complete agreement with you.

:lol: Cool. I'm still just amazed that they didn't even have tomato sauce. And the Americans I was eating with did not find this unusual. They were baffled that I wanted barbecue (or tomato) sauce. They kept pointing to the lettuce and onions and stuff and asked why I didn't want a salad dressing. I resolutely pointed to my chicken and shook my head and swore at the Subway.

(Apparently it was a truly classic moment when I first asked for barbecue sauce, they said they didn't have it, and I just blurted out "WHAT?!")

The Sad Punk said:

Oceania has disowned you.

:sad: But I needed sauce and they were too stupid to know what I meant by tomato sauce. :sad:

At least I never tipped anyone. I let my friends do that for me. Seriously, fuck you, I'm not paying your wages.

DreamOutLoud13 said:
I need to go too. I'm starving, so I think I'll hunker down with a snack and my Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide (I believe you would approve, Ax ;))

Very much approve. :up:

Have a good one! :wave:

Axver said:

But if I'm having chicken, I don't want some salad dressing. I want proper sauce. I don't see how it's unreasonable to expect the two primary sauces to be available. I was stunned that I had to resort to mustard the first time, because they had neither barbecue nor tomato (and yes, I even lowered myself to asking for "ketchup" in a vain bid to get something to go with my chicken).

Good God you Yanks are weird sometimes.

i'd go for bbq at subway. also pesto. marinara i like on chicken parm (without any veggies) or meatball subs, which subway does have, but they probably have it already mixed with the meatballs

Axver said:

:sad: But I needed sauce and they were too stupid to know what I meant by tomato sauce. :sad:

At least I never tipped anyone. I let my friends do that for me. Seriously, fuck you, I'm not paying your wages.

Oceania forgives you, as you did not tip those demons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom