Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sad Punk said:
911_Tribute.jpg

If only this were bigger.

For every one on the internet there is bound to be a funnier one in a tiny little American town

coolian2 said:

I like the juggling act.

At North Melbourne station, there's a stabling yard for the suburban electric multiple units, and after the morning peak, they shunt around the units so bloody much, and it all seems entirely pointless. I'm sure there is logic to it, but just to watch it, you'd think the crew are bored and playing shunting games.

The Sad Punk said:

Aw man, I love fairy/blue penguins. Tough little pups, too.

I feel sorry for the poor blue penguins at Melbourne Zoo in summer. The day I visited, it was about 35C and they must have been so uncomfortable in their enclosure.

Wait, the Y 156 Show isn't fully over! There it is, over at the left. I quite like this photo, with the CBD in the background.

s640x480

And now let's have a gander at Docklands. This is probably the very end of the Y 156 Show - see it sitting at right with N 461.

s640x480

coolian2 said:
FUCK!!!!!

IMG_1614.jpg

It's lucky that the oncoming train was moving at maybe 5 kilometres an hour

Mmmm, DX class. :drool:

Love the setting.

coolian2 said:
The clusterfuck....wait, i mean, the Beehive.

IMG_1331.jpg

Bzzzzzzzzz.

I got so fucking sick of my father going on about "Comrade Helen" and "the Dear Leader". That kind of hyperbole doesn't make your case any better.

Looking into the Dudley Street sidings from the Dudley/Spencer Street intersection.

Left to right: rake of carriages, VLocity DMU, N 463, and P 11.

s640x480

P 11, as best as I could get it. Tried to frame it with the tree to be artsy, since I couldn't get an unobstructed shot.

Check out the window blind action.

s640x480

Also, I love how it isn't until now, 121 posts later, that I notice I cruised past 47,000 posts earlier today. This is my 166th post on this thread, so it must've been earlier here.

coolian2 said:

:wank:

Edit: Whoops, wrong website. But my point stands

:lol:

Though I must admit, all these Labour governments that have been in power since the late 1990s are starting to seem increasingly incompetent. I now will only indirectly vote for them - Greens all the way.

Though I'll be voting Greens in NZ partly just to piss off my father. He wants the Nationals to form government, but fears that if the Greens stay in parliament, they will be able to help Labour stay in power. So he's hoping for them to get below 5% of the vote. I'm going to enjoy doing my bit to help give them that 5% ...

coolian2 said:

I was actually going to mention it to you when you were at 47,003

I wonder what I wasted #47,000 on!

Though I'm getting to the point that even that doesn't seem significant. I think the next major one is not 48,000 or 49,000, but 50,000.

Axver said:

Though I must admit, all these Labour governments that have been in power since the late 1990s are starting to seem increasingly incompetent. I now will only indirectly vote for them - Greens all the way.

Though I'll be voting Greens in NZ partly just to piss off my father. He wants the Nationals to form government, but fears that if the Greens stay in parliament, they will be able to help Labour stay in power. So he's hoping for them to get below 5% of the vote. I'm going to enjoy doing my bit to help give them that 5% ...

:laugh:

Labour do seem to be going out of their way to lose voters....but as far as i'm concerned a hopeless Labour government is still better than National.

Bit of a fluky, artsy shot. The train in the foreground is a Comeng EMU; visible underneath it is a Siemens EMU.

I quite like the profiles of the people in the Comeng.

s640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom