Does anyone like The Police???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elevation2u

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Probably the other band that comes close to (and yet is still far away) my liking of U2 is no other than The Police, sure they're not together anymore and Sting's ogg doing his solo thing. But they are still greta and Stewart Copleand is an amazing drummer.
"One world is enough for all uf us"

------------------

The Police were awesome. Every Breath You Take is a true classic.

:sexywink:

I can't say that I am a Police fan for years, but I knew who they were and by chance I found a Police "greatest hits" record for a buck so I bought it. It's very good!! Hey this reminds me; I gotta go download some of there stuff.:p

I love the Police! I really like the updated version of "Every Breath U take" that puffy, p.diddy or whatever he goes by now did. The orginal is the best though.:lol:

YES YES YES!!!

Before U2, The Police were THE hottest band. Sting allowed his ego to dismantle the band tho, but he has since become a more well rounded person, and in terms of humanitarian efforts he is at the top of my list...a reunion tour would be fuckin amazing, Id pay anything to see those guys live!

Gabriel

gabrielvox said:
YES YES YES!!!

Before U2, The Police were THE hottest band.

Maybe its just my ignorance, but wasn't U2 actually around before The Police?

That's arguable either way I think. The Police were formed in 1977, and while U2 may have been technically together a few months earlier, when Larry posted the message in October of '76, the Police had their first HUGE hits in Roxanne and Cant Stand Losing You (and a full length LP to boot) in 1978 (well early 1979 in North America).

U2 didnt officially become U2 until March of 78 and it would be almost another year before their first official single U23 would be released. By the time their first LP Boy was released in October of 1980, The Police had released 3 critically acclaimed albums: Outlandos d'Amour, Reggatta de Blanc and Zenyatta Mondatta, which included amazing tunes such as the two mentioned above, as well as Next to You, Message in a Bottle, Walking on the Moon, Bed's Too Big Without You, Don't Stand So Close to Me, De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da, Driven to Tears, etc...

The Police's journey up the charts certainly came before U2's, so I would say that the Police were hotter before U2 was.

U2 is still my favorite tho!! :)

The Police is probably, aside from U2 of course, the only other band from the late seventies/eighties whose innovative, cool music has stood the test of time, instead of becoming strictly "nostalgia" music. Every Breath You Take is up there with With or Without You as my favorite 80's song. BTW, thanks for the info Gabrielvox!

Have always loved The Police !! Go Sting on the double bass!
He is just too good looking to be human - must be from elsewhere
Love Message in a Bottle, Roxane and Every Breath You Take.

Off the topic but did you know that Sting sings with Dire Straits on Money for Nothing - love the song.

Pamela

Yes, of course I love the Police! Considerably more than Radiohead, actually!

I think I am in a bit of a minority because I connect with Sting's solo music even more than the Police work. I am sick of people putting him in the same category as Phil Collins and Celine Dion, but that's another story. But yes, Stewart Copeland is possibly my favourite drummer--so creative, you can listen to just him and be totally entertained! And the Police had so many great songs. My favourite album is Ghost in the Machine.

I love the Police and so does Eddie Vedder. He and the members of Pearl Jam actually have some type of a bet going on about a Police reunion. I have around 10 Police bootleg concerts and all their commercially released stuff. They are my favorite band after U2.

Hell yes!!!

I LOVE the Police. One of my favorite songs is Every Little Thing She Does is Magic. I played Police songs when I firts started playing guitar and bass. Stew Copeland is a drumming god, and Sting and Andy kick a@@ too.

pics!!!!!

PN007902.jpg

PN007884.jpg

PN007894.jpg

STEWART!!!
ZXX649941.jpg

I love the Police. I went to see the "Synchronicity" tour show, and it was great. Not like a U2 show, but awfully damn good. They wrote some really insightful songs. I could relate to some of them because at the time I had some so-called friends that were really a**holes and bummed me out alot.

HEY, which Synchronicity show did you see? Date? City? Venue? I wish I had been able to see the Police but I was only 9 and 10 on the last tour which was Synchronicity.

STING2 said:
HEY, which Synchronicity show did you see? Date? City? Venue? I wish I had been able to see the Police but I was only 9 and 10 on the last tour which was Synchronicity.

Birmingham (U.S.), November 8, 1983, Jefferson County Civic Center Arena! Wow! What a show!

WOW, you don't happen to have a bootleg of that show do ya?!

Back
Top Bottom