Devil's Beef Tub, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having one of those nights where I just cannot decide what I want for dinner. Bleh.

So I'm back on Yorke Peninsula.

Stepping back from the 19th to the 18th century?

And I see nobody's posted this yet:

Who Posted?
Total Posts: 1,012
User Name Posts
Axver 271
bono_212 149
gluey 94
coolian2 76
KhanadaRhodes 76
RegularBonoFan 67
bono_man2002 60
Serena Vox 53
the tourist 43
Varitek 43
COBL_04 17
LemonMelon 16
Alisaura 14
mysterious_jen 9
major_panic 7
The Sad Punk 6
notAxver 4
VertigoX2 4
*browneyedgirl* 2
phillyfan26 1

Let's not all talk at once.

I'm cobbling together some half-arsed dinner, throwing whatever I've got in a Turkish bun and toasting it. It should work out nice, I hope.

Oh lord, nothing in the pantry at home. Just ordered a vegetarian pizza from the deli, I recall it being decent.

Vegetarian pizzas tend to be a crime against pizza. And didn't you read my intro to this thread? :tsk:

I see Jen lurking! :hyper:

I ain't known you to be like that, man. Now, I know the goodness of a swell pepperoni pizza but you can get some damn fine vegetarian ones. :tsk:

Honestly, for me, the meat is what really makes a pizza. And the sauce. What vegetarian pizzas I have tried, I've found pretty disappointing.

On a better note, http://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/u2/no_line_on_the_horizon/ is a real hoot. Looks like some of our very own have reviewed!

Oh, LM and I were having fun with that at the end of Museum Voor Oude Kunst!

I hope you get in on the act. I'm thinking of doing another.

Bonnie! The first Top Gear episode featuring you James May is on SBS at 7:30pm Monday!

"We've decided to try out a new presenter. His name is James May and he's a dithering idiot."

I honestly think Museum Voor Oude Kunst is possibly funnier than Kunstmuseum Liechtenstein too. "Voor Oude" almost looks like it could be "for our". Museum for our Kunst ... :laugh:

And hey, GG2! How are things?

it means Museum for old arts :wink:

I'm good :D

tho I hoped Frankie was here so I could pester her a bit with her boyfriend :tongue:

Yeah, I actually know what all the various Kunst place names mean, but I prefer to ignore that. :wink:

She was here earlier. I suppose she'll show up a little later. Apparently Derek has turned into a wimp and hasn't responded to her! :laugh:

:ohmy: you be knowing Dutch now???

:tsk: as I said, she needs to go up to his place and snog him. Saves them both a whole lot of doubt and us a whole lot of time!

:ohmy: you be knowing Dutch now???

:tsk: as I said, she needs to go up to his place and snog him. Saves them both a whole lot of doubt and us a whole lot of time!

It's pretty easy to decipher thanks to the similarities to both English and German, really. I wasn't 100% sure on "oude" until I checked the website and noticed the names of other associated museums; the one for modern art gave away that Oude Kunst was old art.

Haha, I believe I made some very bold suggestion at some point, but then told her not to take my advice. After all, what do I know! :lol:

Alert: random post.

You know, we really should've got U2 to play another concert while in the Museum Voor Oude Kunst. A great setlist like this:

SAVE THE OIL SPILLS

0. Intro: The Ocean (a cappella)
1. Moment Of Surrender / Surrender (snippet)
2. Beautiful Day / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet)
3. Angel Of Harlem / Dancing Queen (snippet)
4. Party Girl
5. Flower Child
6. Electrical Storm / Crumbs From Your Table (snippet)
7. Vertigo / Twist And Shout (snippet) / She Loves You (snippet)
8. Can't Stand The Rain (snippet) / Elevation
9. In God's Country
10. Stuck In A Moment
11. One (snippet) / Two Hearts Beat As One (snippet) / The Three Sunrises (snippet) / One Tree Hill
12. Exit (snippet) / Mercy
13. Big Girls Are Best / Elvis Ate America (snippet)
14. Sexy Boots
15. Do You Feel Loved / Radar Love (snippet) / I Feel Love (snippet) / Love Comes Tumbling (snippet) / Love Will Tear Us Apart (snippet) / Let's Talk About Sex (snippet)

16. No Line On The Horizon
17. Saturday Night / Fire (snippet) / Trevor (snippet) / Touch (snippet) / Silver Lining (snippet) / 11 O'clock Tick Tock (snippet)
18. Until The End Of The World / Two Tribes (snippet)
19. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses
20. Staring At The Sun
21. One Step Closer (snippet) / Moby Dick (snippet) / Where The Streets Have No Name
22. 40 / A Sort Of Homecoming (snippet) / Pride (snippet) / Wire (snippet) / The Unforgettable Fire (snippet) / Promenade (snippet) / 4th Of July (snippet) / Bad (snippet) / Indian Summer Sky (snippet) / Elvis Presley And America (snippet) / MLK (snippet) / Bass Trap (snippet) / Drunk Chicken (snippet) / Sexy Boots (snippet) / J. Swallow (snippet) / Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own (snippet) / Original Of The Species (snippet) / The Ocean (snippet)

23. Womanfish / I Trip Through Your Wires (snippet)
24. The Ocean

:tsk: cheater!

:lol: I know, did the same, but she's too chicken to do it :tsk: shame on her!
damn prude americans :tsk:

:tongue:

I can't talk, I'd probably go into wimp mode too!

But, hell, since she told him she wanted to, uh, do certain things to him a couple of weekends ago, I agree that she needs to go to his place and see what happens! :lol:

:love: great setlist! but it lacks one song!

:madwife: needs Acrobat!

and yea, I know... she's still like, but what if he thinks I didn't mean it?? oh jesus, if you text him you want to do THAT and then a few weeks later text ihm you love him, even guys are not THAT dumb! :wink:

:love: great setlist! but it lacks one song!

:madwife: needs Acrobat!

and yea, I know... she's still like, but what if he thinks I didn't mean it?? oh jesus, if you text him you want to do THAT and then a few weeks later text ihm you love him, even guys are not THAT dumb! :wink:

Acrobat can be another snippet in 40. Edge will sing the full song, Adam will play its guitar line, but it'll still be a snippet because Edge will keep playing 40's bass and Bono will pipe up with "how long, how long, how long to sing this song?" every so often. For example, "I'd join the movement, if there were one I could believe in (how long?) / Yeah, I'd break bread and wine (how long?) / If there was (how long) a church (to siiiing) I could (this) receive in (sooooong)".

What cracks me up is they've both essentially made a move, but ... haven't moved. Well, let's see if the Superthread can push them in the right direction. :wink:

Alert: random post.

You know, we really should've got U2 to play another concert while in the Museum Voor Oude Kunst. A great setlist like this:

SAVE THE OIL SPILLS

0. Intro: The Ocean (a cappella)
2. Beautiful Day / We Wish You A Merry Christmas (snippet)

11. One (snippet) / Two Hearts Beat As One (snippet) / The Three Sunrises (snippet) / One Tree Hill
12. Exit (snippet) / Mercy
13. Big Girls Are Best / Elvis Ate America (snippet)
15. / Let's Talk About Sex (snippet)

18. Until The End Of The World / Two Tribes (snippet)

23. Womanfish / I Trip Through Your Wires (snippet)

:combust:

Oh, you know that fake profile for a gay website I made to fool one of my friends?

Well... I got replies from it. Real, no joke replies from Australian gays wanting to meet that guy. Seriously. Yeah... who wants to meet a Australian Native American that plays online Lacrosse and hates Aretha Franklin?

:lol: that sounds like an awesome snippet! Deal!

Exactly :tsk: yet they fail to see what we see.. I mean it's damn obvious they'll end in bed together! :shrug:

#23 was just for you. By I Trip Through Your Wires, I really just mean that the tide is turning 'round in this town.

Oh, you know that fake profile for a gay website I made to fool one of my friends?

Well... I got replies from it. Real, no joke replies from Australian gays wanting to meet that guy. Seriously. Yeah... who wants to meet a Australian Native American that plays online Lacrosse and hates Aretha Franklin?

... seriously? :lmao:

:lol: that sounds like an awesome snippet! Deal!

Exactly :tsk: yet they fail to see what we see.. I mean it's damn obvious they'll end in bed together! :shrug:

I think it'd be hysterical to see Edge playing 40's bass while singing Acrobat. And Bono having no clue what's going on so he just keeps singing 40. :lol:

They'll be in bed together within a fortnight, you can bet on it. I expect purity points to be lost.

I'm going to drink those JB and Coke Zeros I found in the fridge, too. I actually found a third one hiding behind some spinach. It has my name on it.
:yippie:

Hi Ali and Anna! :wave:

I had slightly charred rissoles for dinner... we couldn't decide if they were beef or pork.

:lol: I think I'll take my hastily cobbled together toasted Turkish bread roll o' stuff. I forgot to get out anything to defrost by the time I got hungry ...

Oh, and guess what! I found ANOTHER bakery that puts nuts on danishes! What the hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom