Dalton and NSW's Beijing Olympics Thread - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This made me laugh:

"The reaction in Canada was extremely hostile. Among the headlines in Canadian newspapers were "Skategate" (from the Toronto Sun), "Outrage!" (from the Edmonton Sun), "Scandal on Ice" (from the Winnipeg Free Press), and "Ice Storm" (from the Calgary Sun)."

Has a very NY Post feel to it all, those headlines.

Yes, they are all of the "Sun" variety which is basically a news tabloid.

Was it US vs Japan Women's Soccer 7? Or US vs Japan Women's Soccer 4? That series of vids really hit it's stride after 4. 7 is outstanding: definitely in my Top 10 all time Women's soccer vids. Though Norway vs Sweden 6 still holds the top spot. Probably always will.

when did this become a sport?

i have memories of totally wiping out on the trampoline as a kid. epic fail.

tonya_harding.jpg

nancykerrigan.jpg

gillooly_0123ap.jpg

WalterDix.jpg

LeadPipe.jpg

capt7daf69bce9c545088108929ff5909f4.jpg

According to espn.com, trampoline as an Olympic sport began in 2000.

dear lord, tim daggett AND bela karyoli on at the same time. with bob costas. talk about epic fail. :rolleyes:

NSW, unfortunately for you, they no longer give out perfect 10s. So I rate your photo collage a 15.735. Congrats.

Other than the first two, I don't know any of those people. Break it down for me, please.

Well, Tonya Harding wants to win gold over Nancy Kerrigan, so Jeff Gillooly arranges for Nancy to meet a lead pipe, then gets arrested.

Well, Walter Dixx, American sprinter, he wants to win Gold in the 200m, so he gets himself a pipe that he's going to use on Usain Bolt.

I can't lie - I've been amused and entertained by Bela Karolyi. At least in the context of him watching/reacting/commenting on gymnastics this year.

When the Games are done, I'll go back to thinking ill of him and his wife and their Evil Empire of US Gymnastics.

Look at this guy Vorobiov's arms! Especially when they hold themselves in the air, all those muscles pop out! I want a body like that!

Well, Tonya Harding wants to win gold over Nancy Kerrigan, so Jeff Gillooly arranges for Nancy to meet a lead pipe, then gets arrested.

Well, Walter Dixx, American sprinter, he wants to win Gold in the 200m, so he gets himself a pipe that he's going to use on Usain Bolt.

:laugh:

I'd prefer to hear him explaining different gymnastic moves/techniques and giving us insight as to how it all works. The whining....not so much. *yawn*

that said, the new scoring sucks. seems to reward people who fill their routines with big tricks (jacking up "start value") and then perform sloppily or fall. not my idea of fun to watch.

Back
Top Bottom