Dalton and NSW's Beijing Olympics Thread - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here being where you live? I know a lot of people that play soccer, back in LA, NYC and even here in Chicago. Have you actually looked for a league to join?

Well... I can definitely play soccer here if I wish! Need to get in shape first. :reject: About 6 months back or so I got myself an umbro football and started kicking it around in the back yard one day. I was pretty much dead after 15 min of running around kicking the damn thing. :sad:

Anyway, what I meant by they're not that popular here is... it will never come close to the popularity of American sports.

oh good GAF, you've managed to corral two douches in one thread. Next time go for three, 'kay...I'll even help you with names if needed :wave:

Bekele is running! He is absolutely one of my favourite Olympians here, maybe my favourite.

I'm curious about the face behind Dalton's posts.

98132278c14333e13461ed53f28381f5.jpg

lol Dalton in his many forms... I guess in a way he is present in all of us.

Shit! Now I'm off topic.

Don't worry. The gymnastics is long over, it was on this morning. In true NBC fashion, they are tape delaying it. The CBC has already shown it. And so you don't have to worry about staying up super late, I bet it'll be on right away in prime time.

I don't actually see this as a bad thing. Everyone knows NBC is going to show the really popular stuff during prime time, so it's easy to know when to watch. And for those who like gymnastics they do show a lot of it. Of course the stuff I'd like to watch they hardly ever show at any time, so I've gotten used to seeing it later (often months later) on video tapes/dvds, if at all. A tape delay of 8 to 12 hours is nothing when you are used to that. :shrug:

Yeah, but NBC didn't have the all-around on until after midnight, which surprised me. It doesn't surprise me that they hang onto the really popular stuff until late (Phelps' race last night was on about 11 PST), but I had no idea they'd air it after most casual viewers have retired for the evening.

Yeah, but NBC didn't have the all-around on until after midnight, which surprised me. It doesn't surprise me that they hang onto the really popular stuff until late, but I had no idea they'd air it after most casual viewers have retired for the evening.

Well, the all-around was televised Live to the Eastern and Central time zones, so, they had no control over just how long it ran. For you, though, as we've debated endlessly, they could have also show it Live, and you could have seen it around 9pm or so.

Back
Top Bottom