Cricket Super Series-- Australia v World XI - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2005, 03:08 AM   #226
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 10:10 PM
... what in the world happened since I was last in this part of the Interference woods?

I feel I must come to Timo's defence here. He has, I believe, generally been more favourable towards Australia than I have, and yet he is the one that takes the hammering. I've seen this guy make a list of things he likes about Australia that's about 4-5x the size of mine. And when it comes to Australian cricket, the guy backs up his statements and I certainly don't see a rude attitude that'd take away from the enjoyment of the thread - then again, maybe it's just because I agree with him.

In any case, I'm just going to step out here and find a happier thread ...

(Oh yeah, and the World XI are a disgrace, plain and simple. I'm not even interested in this test, my enthusiasm's just dried up.)

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-17-2005, 03:10 AM   #227
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by timothius
Back to discussion post:

Do any of you think that this series was a worthwhile exercise?
Total waste. All it proved is that Australia can flog a team that didn't even seem to care about anything but their paycheck.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-17-2005, 03:11 AM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
... what in the world happened since I was last in this part of the Interference woods?

I feel I must come to Timo's defence here. He has, I believe, generally been more favourable towards Australia than I have, and yet he is the one that takes the hammering. I've seen this guy make a list of things he likes about Australia that's about 4-5x the size of mine. And when it comes to Australian cricket, the guy backs up his statements and I certainly don't see a rude attitude that'd take away from the enjoyment of the thread - then again, maybe it's just because I agree with him.

In any case, I'm just going to step out here and find a happier thread ...

(Oh yeah, and the World XI are a disgrace, plain and simple. I'm not even interested in this test, my enthusiasm's just dried up.)
Thanks (I think... are you accusing me of liking Australia more than you or being more reasonable that you? ).

The happier thread is just below you.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:16 AM   #229
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Thanks (I think... are you accusing me of liking Australia more than you or being more reasonable that you? ).

The happier thread is just below you.
More reasonable. Us, like Australia?

By the way, seen your e-mail inbox lately?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 10-17-2005, 03:30 AM   #230
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:10 PM
Quote:
Back to discussion post:

Short answer: No.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:16 AM   #231
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

IMO a one dayer should happen between the "Rest Of The World" and either the previous World Cup winner or Number 1 ranked team before the ICC Knockout Tournament (which is held every 4 years).

That way everyone is in season, in one place... and it is a good way to kick of an otherwise struggling element of the ICC calandar.

It should not be granted ODI or Test Status.

These games (and the Tsunami game) are going to be the bane of many a statistician for years to come.
Old 10-17-2005, 04:30 AM   #232
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:10 AM
Quote:
I tend to think that the Rest Of World players would have been a bit more motivated to beat Australia if England hadn't already proven them to be beatable just beforehand.

Also, one thing that makes the Ashes so great is the whole history behind it. Right now, there is no history for the Super Series. None of today's players grew up dreaming of being part of a World XI. However, perhaps in 4 or 8 or 12 years, we'll have a whole new set of players, some of which may one day dream of being part of such an illustrious group.

Stop laughing at me, I'm serious.

As of right now, there's no motivation. But who knows what the future may change? What if England knocks Australia out of the #1 test spot? There might be a whole ton of pissed off Australians on the World team looking for revenge.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:46 AM   #233
New Yorker

A peace offering.
Old 10-17-2005, 06:35 AM   #234
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Tania

A peace offering.

Best post in the history of ever.
Old 10-17-2005, 08:52 PM   #235
Jesus Online

Quote:

Your post was good too read.

I liked the first part (apart from the better than sport part) a lot more than the second part better obviously.

I honestly can't recall going off onto off-topic abuse of Australia. I try to keep it on topic, cricket related and my honest feelings - I would think we should all do the same thing.

Unless we are dealing with a major issue (Pontings tantrum in the Ashes) or Australia's continual gloating at being the best in the world despite reason... my comments are good natured. But as you say they all reflect on me - I should watch that.

I do disagree with you saying that I "spray my shit" all over the thread. As my "shit" is all on topic, if you disagree, then say so... tell me why I am wrong - it creates discussion. I'm not one to just spout off "talking points" without evidence, I'm open to lively conversation on cricket, and maybe that may prevent this build-up that seems to occour.

Anyway don't think I don't have issues with you.

You still haven't made that Hunters And Collectors thread like you said you would.
I'm on a Shonky Bros internet connection here at work, lol, so I hope this posts.
Just to clarify, it seems that overall you dont want to ever speak fairly about us in sport, never (even begrudgingly) admitting we might play something well, or win fairly etc. This is partly why things get difficult though, because quite a lot of the time I agree with your criticisms of us. My personal view is Ponting is a shoddy captain - tania will jump on my case now, lol, but that's the gist of it. I've whinged before quite a lot how cricket died on it's arse when we had that ridiculously long winning streak. We have some dickheads playing for us and some even stupider people in the media commenting and feeding this tall poppy syndrome. Anyway...I think you even summed it up, you or Axver, about loving this game more than you can say, or something. That's what it's about. Loving the sport, not hating us (the team).

Anyway, dont want to go on and on about this. I want us to have fun
And I will make that thread, I promise. I've got to make some time and it will be done Especially knowing someone, BEG? , knows of a Dame Edna cover It's like when Rolf Harris did Stairway To Heaven with a washboard/seeing a car accident.

And one more, if I piss you off, please say something.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:53 AM   #236
New Yorker

Quote:

Best post in the history of ever.
I have some of Dog on the back of envelopes which I should scan someday.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:54 AM   #237
New Yorker

I agree with your post about Ponting, Anna.

Get up off the floor....
Old 10-18-2005, 08:45 PM   #238
Jesus Online

Did I tell you my childhood trauma regarding Dog?

I'd much rather we tear Mr Ponting apart than relive this, though.
:woe:

Old 10-21-2005, 09:39 AM   #239
New Yorker

I love dog, I love Footrot flats.

When the real Horse died, a part of me died too.

(Sad drunken ramblings, back to the cricket.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:45 AM   #240
Jesus Online

but tania, he got left out in the rain!!!!!

i really cant talk about it.
how about the ING cup, huh?