Comet 3D/Biela (lost) Superthread - Page 61 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2008, 01:26 AM   #901
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
i'm lucky on the genetic health front, so far as i know - eczema in childhood that was mild and disappeared almost
I thought mine had disappeared. Then one evening when I was 16, helloooo. It's been a big issue ever since. Part of the reason why I always wear trousers and long sleeves.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 01:26 AM   #902
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

wow blisters that is scary

i'm lucky on the genetic health front, so far as i know - eczema in childhood that was mild and disappeared almost, no alergies that i know of besides a tiny bit itchy around cats and dust mites. but, i had really high fevers as a 2 year old so ear infections which fucked up my teeth while they were developing so i have discolored molars (luckily only slightly in front, like, not noticeable after a bleaching or two) and lots of cavities

but i don't know my whole father's side so who knows with heart problems or cancer or whatever...
whoa...ear infections fucking up your teeth? how does that work?

Old 04-16-2008, 01:26 AM   #903
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMelon
Sometimes I feel as if I'm the only person on earth who, in general, fails to appreciate Asian cuisine.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:26 AM   #904
The Male

Local Time: 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

1. I was rather intentionally keeping the personal connection under the radar. It wasn't something I wanted to emphasise. I did state it once or twice, but I understand you might not've seen that, so don't worry about not realising; I accept your apology. I wouldn't have submitted something personal if I'd thought there was a risk of getting offended. Like the tracklist, that means a lot to me, especially the ending, but since I fully expect everyone to hate my music, I'm cool with backlash and jokes. But I thought the title and cover were my best so far in these tournaments, and they're also the part with the most personal connection to me besides Untitled, so I didn't expect your comments at all and got offended.
Yeah, again, I'm sorry. I'm not the best at picking up on these little things. I do love the cover, but missed the significance.

Quote:
2. I guess it's just the way you've been harping on it with a critique that I frankly find ludicrous, and the way you're throwing it into an otherwise rather humorous fake DI. I would, for the record, be cool with 50 TH15 15 T3MP0R4RY or whatever.

Or even better, So This Is Temperance. That amuses me.
Considering the list is, in many ways, a tribute to your taste , I'd be more than happy to change the title. TH15 15 T3MP0R4NC3 it is.

Now.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:27 AM   #905
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by KhanadaRhodes

i know, but i can have some aged cheeses in small amounts. i don't just eat american cheese or something. i just have to be careful.

peanut butter i can also have in small amounts. the only thing that gives me a migraine no matter how little i have of it is wine.
is it just peanut butter or any type of nut butter?

because almond butter > peanut butter. true fact.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:28 AM   #906
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
50 TH15 15 T3MP0R4RY
yes. i suggested it, varitek okayed it. it has to be used.

although it's TH15 15 T3MP0R4R7
Old 04-16-2008, 01:28 AM   #907
The Male

Local Time: 09:06 AM
What exactly is in the aged cheese that causes migraines that is not also present in the fresh cheese?

Now.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:29 AM   #908
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
is it just peanut butter or any type of nut butter?

because almond butter > peanut butter. true fact.
i've only ever tried peanut butter. the only time i've ever had any other kind of nut (even though peanuts aren't nuts) is i tried ONE almond once.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:30 AM   #909
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

i do eat fish occasionally. i had to. i was losing too much hair. i looooove sushi. especially anything eel

miso can be bland, you're right. i typically add hot sauce to it (i add it to almost everything!) i also love 15/16 bean soup, lentil soup, black bean soup, tomato soup, potato soup...uh...what else
sushi: i do like eel, but i love yellowtail and tuna and salmon, mmm and avocado rolls, also i have to admit that i like cream cheese in sushi, especially with nuts

and those salads with tuna sashimi in them are sooo good, they're really en vogue right now

soups...we should swap soup recipes. my mom has an amazing potato leak soup with chicken but you could do it with veg broth, it's not pureed like most but chunks of potato and leak and then a milky broth and when you put cheddar in it the cheddar melts and clings to the leaks and bits of chicken mmmmm

i also like
hot and sour soup is my fav, especially with lots of mushroom varieties in it, i love mushrooms
lentil
chili
black bean (but i always wanna put something in it, like cheese or yogurt, and that never goes well...maybe your recipe is more interesting on its own)
tomato - i have never made it but trader joe's has a great one in a carton
thai coconut chicken soup
veggie soup with stuff like kale or okra, nice leafy greens, and some cayanne and cracked pepper to make it spicy
Old 04-16-2008, 01:31 AM   #910
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, again, I'm sorry. I'm not the best at picking up on these little things. I do love the cover, but missed the significance.
Don't worry about it. The cover, incidentally, is one of the (shitloads of) photos I took of the sunset the day Grandpa died in February. It was rather appropriate to find a dead tree ...

Quote:
Considering the list is, in many ways, a tribute to your taste , I'd be more than happy to change the title. TH15 15 T3MP0R4NC3 it is.
Awesome. It especially cracks me up because one of my research interests is the New Zealand temperance movement, as far as it relates to the campaign for women's suffrage. I can now see myself titling an article about the New Zealand Women's Christian Temperance Union "So This Is Temperance" ...

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 01:31 AM   #911
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
What exactly is in the aged cheese that causes migraines that is not also present in the fresh cheese?
the fermentation or whatever. the aging process that the cheese goes through has tyramine, which is a compound released during fermentation.
Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 AM   #912
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
hmm probably the same thing in aged wine?
Old 04-16-2008, 01:32 AM   #913
Vocal parasite

OK, I need to go. I've got a form to drop off in the next 1.5 hours and I'd rather not be rushing.

See you folks soon, and find a cool new location for our next thread.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #914
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

whoa...ear infections fucking up your teeth? how does that work?
i had really, really high fevers, like 104-105, my mom would have to put me in cold baths and stuff, it probably cooked some brain cells too! and it basically cooked the enamel while it was developing, hence discoloration and weakness
Old 04-16-2008, 01:33 AM   #915
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

bye dr. dré

Tags
superthread