College Football 2006-2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
2 bits 4 bits 6 bits a dollar all for the GATORS stand up and hollar!!!
:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
_________

UF class of 93

Ohio State has done this for as long as I have followed college football; when they are heavily favored throughout the season, they invariably suffer an egregious meltdown at some point (the absolute worst was the team that lost to Michigan State in something like 98). The only year that they were able to win was the one in which they were predicted to be stomped by Miami.
As for Smith, he has probably dropped to middle or late second round.

melkiper_210x292.jpg

tremendous downside potential

Headache in a Suitcase said:
sssshhhh... if you listen closely, you can hear the sound of troy smith's draft stock falling through the floor

I don't think any quarterback could have succeeded with that pass protection, do you?

You're only as good as your lines and yesterday the OSU offense and defense lines were handled.

Is he or was he ever a top 10 pick, I never believed it. Those who did, what color is the sky in your world? However, I do think, depending on his workouts, will go between the late first and late second round.

gherman said:
GO FLORIDA FUCK THE BUCKEYES!!!!!

gherman? wow, haven't seen you in this thread since nov. 18.

good to have you back.

Last edited:
U2ME3 said:

I don't think any quarterback could have succeeded with that pass protection, do you?

You're only as good as your lines and yesterday the OSU offense and defense lines were handled.

Is he or was he ever a top 10 pick, I never believed it. Those who did, what color is the sky in your world? However, I do think, depending on his workouts, will go between the late first and late second round.

4/14, 35 yards, 1 INT, -29 yards rushing, 1 fumble.

i suppose the pass rushing will become less of a problem for him once he gets to the NFL, yes?

troy smith is a second day pick in my eyes.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

i suppose the pass rushing will become less of a problem for him once he gets to the NFL, yes?

depends on your o line? if you have guys all over you and have no time to throw you will not be successful in ANY league.

you guys may be right? all i know is that osu did not lose that game because of the quarterback. they lost it as a team. florida was just better in every aspect last night including coaching.

late.

Smith will not fall to the second day; in my eyes, he is still one of the top prospects at quarterback out there. Only JaMarcus Russell, who seems to be this year's Jay Cutler in terms of soaring draft stock, is a stronger prospect. I'd certainly take Smith over Brady Quinn, the latter of whom will almost certainly be an NFL disappointment.

cdisantis83 said:
Smith will not fall to the second day; in my eyes, he is still one of the top prospects at quarterback out there. Only JaMarcus Russell, who seems to be this year's Jay Cutler in terms of soaring draft stock, is a stronger prospect. I'd certainly take Smith over Brady Quinn, the latter of whom will almost certainly be an NFL disappointment.
I'll guarantee you right now Quinn gets drafted at least 50 spots higher than Smith.
Not a ton of NFL execs will spend a first rounder on a 6'1" QB.
Quinn's size and experience in a pro set will have him the 2nd QB drafted (assuming Russell comes out).

Will Quinn be a disapponitment...possibly, but Troy Smith will probably end up much like Brad Smith, a 3rd stringer who plays some wideout and special teams.

Chizip said:
the Big 10 was 2-1 against the almighty SEC
And lets spin it a few other ways..In head to head bowl matchups, the SEC outscored the Big 10 65-51.

Big 10 was outscored in its 7 bowl games 191-141

Head to head, the Big 12 (in a down year) was 2-0 vs Big 10 in bowl games.

ACC was 1-0 head to head and Pac 10 was 1-0 head to head with the Big 10.

Hewson said:

..but Troy Smith will probably end up much like Brad Smith, a 3rd stringer who plays some wideout and special teams.

Or..he'll turn out like another too short Big Ten quarterback.....Drew Brees.

Who knows?

Hewson said:
And lets spin it a few other ways..In head to head bowl matchups, the SEC outscored the Big 10 65-51.

Big 10 was outscored in its 7 bowl games 191-141

Head to head, the Big 12 (in a down year) was 2-0 vs Big 10 in bowl games.

ACC was 1-0 head to head and Pac 10 was 1-0 head to head with the Big 10.

Nobody has mentioned that it was a down year for the Big Ten.

And where was Brees drafted?

No way Smith goes ahead of Quinn. What their careers hold....nobody knows, but Quinn will get drafted much higher.

U2ME3 said:

Nobody has mentioned that it was a down year for the Big Ten.
I've said it repeatedly.
Experts however were claiming the Big 10 as the top conference this year cause of tOSU and Michigan, when they just fed on cupcakes all season, this year those cupcakes happened to be the balance of the Big 10.
PSU was average. Wisconsin was decent but didn't have to play OSU.
Iowa was mediocre.
Purdue and Minnesota getting bowl bids was a joke.
Mich State, Indiana and Northwestern were awful.
Illinois was showing a few signs of being on the upswing, but that upswing started down in temple territory.

Hewson said:
And where was Brees drafted?

No way Smith goes ahead of Quinn. What their careers hold....nobody knows, but Quinn will get drafted much higher.

Agreed. I don't know if Quinn will be successful or not - visions of Rick Mirer are coming to me - but having been in Charlie Weis' system gives him a big boost.

Hewson said:

Never said he would. I just think he'll get drafted by end of second round.

U2ME3 said:

Never said he would. I just think he'll get drafted by end of second round.
No, but someone else (who my response was indirectly directed at :wink: ) said they'd certainly take Smith over Quinn. I doubt there's any NFL GM who feels that way right now.

Back
Top Bottom