Coldplay - Viva La Vida... Continued Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
all albums get negative reviews :wink:

Well yeah but... there was a lot of negative reviews for the last 2 albums and especially the Bomb. It was down to 3.5 stars and probably still is. I don't think any of the older albums were down to 3.5 stars. I'm not saying they're all right. I'm just saying there were definitely a chunk of people who were disappointed by recent U2.

Well yeah but... there was a lot of negative reviews for the last 2 albums and especially the Bomb. It was down to 3.5 stars and probably still is. I don't think any of the older albums were down to 3.5 stars. I'm not saying they're all right. I'm just saying there were definitely a chunk of people who were disappointed by recent U2.

down to 3.5 you say ? :hmm:

I'll get it lower

thanx :up::up:

I'm just saying there were definitely a chunk of people who were disappointed by recent U2.

So? They can go back and listen to Achtung Baby another 30 times and relive the past. Fan-made remixes should do as new material for them. Those are always amazing.

ok, the only track i haven't heard yet is cemetaries (my version skips after 15 sec) but I have to say, so far, the most textured Coldplay album yet. Amazing production and the atmospheres they've created with Master Eno is unreal.

Strawberry Swing may be my fav so far - having listened to it 8 tmies in a row so far.

If anyone's got a workable version of Cemetaries...please for to send?

ok, the only track i haven't heard yet is cemetaries (my version skips after 15 sec) but I have to say, so far, the most textured Coldplay album yet. Amazing production and the atmospheres they've created with Master Eno is unreal.

Strawberry Swing may be my fav so far - having listened to it 8 tmies in a row so far.

If anyone's got a workable version of Cemetaries...please for to send?

email?

Also, X&Y has a lower rating than HTDAAB on rateyourmusic. You might want to go and do something about that too. :up:

Haha, I was looking at the wrong column; X&Y is rated higher. :giggle: ATYCLB is above X&Y though, as is everything but HTDAAB and Pop.

As far as X&Y goes -- while I liked it, I felt it suffered from two things:

1. Bad tracklisting - the flow seemed disjointed
2. Songs too meandering - some of them went on too long

I made a new tracklist that eliminated two songs (they could put them out as singles or b-sides) and it's the only way I can listen to the album now. And that listing is...

1. Square One
2. Speed Of Sound
3. What If
4. Talk
5. A Message
6. X&Y
7. Low
8. Fix You
9. White Shadows
10.Swallowed By The Sea
11.Kingdom Come

So? They can go back and listen to Achtung Baby another 30 times and relive the past. Fan-made remixes should do as new material for them. Those are always amazing.

Well, the point I was originally trying to make was that I can kinda see where Screwtape is coming from that... he cannot see how the next album is obviously gonna be a classic. I can't either since the last 2 got so many negative reviews. Eh but whatever. It's become a love/hate thing for me with U2. And I don't wish to derail this thread further.

As for the topic, I cannot wait to get track 1. Can somebody send it to me even if it is an inferior version or whatever? I don't think Phanan had it at the time. Phanan, do you have it now?

muralee_s @ hotmail.com

As far as X&Y goes -- while I liked it, I felt it suffered from two things:

1. Bad tracklisting - the flow seemed disjointed
2. Songs too meandering - some of them went on too long

I made a new tracklist that eliminated two songs (they could put them out as singles or b-sides) and it's the only way I can listen to the album now. And that listing is...

1. Square One
2. Speed Of Sound
3. What If
4. Talk
5. A Message
6. X&Y
7. Low
8. Fix You
9. White Shadows
10.Swallowed By The Sea
11.Kingdom Come

Not bad. I have to say I sort of like that you kept Fix You. It isn't the terrible song people make it out to be.

Not bad. I have to say I sort of like that you kept Fix You. It isn't the terrible song people make it out to be.

I kept it simply cause it goes with the feel of the other songs.
Personally I think its their worst song -- i always picture a 13 year old girl crying to this song because Jared Leto got married or something.

I kept it simply cause it goes with the feel of the other songs.
Personally I think its their worst song -- i always picture a 13 year old girl crying to this song because Jared Leto got married or something.

I think it is their worst song too but I do like the lyrics in the chorus. Good idea that wasn't executed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom