Coldplay album review mega-thread! - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #61
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Next time I see the word 'Coldplay' anywhere in a new thread, I swear I'm going to look for filtering software that can automatically edit out the word Coldplay and replace it with the word 'overrated'. Then I'll just send a copy to Elvis or Sicy.

Old 06-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by blahblahblah
I like Radiohead.
Me too.

Urr...

I mean....

Old 06-07-2005, 04:21 PM   #63
War Child

Local Time: 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque
Next time I see the word 'Coldplay' anywhere in a new thread, I swear I'm going to look for filtering software that can automatically edit out the word Coldplay and replace it with the word 'overrated'. Then I'll just send a copy to Elvis or Sicy.

C*******
Old 06-07-2005, 04:37 PM   #64
Refugee

Yeah, the pitchfork review, I knew that one was coming, and I have to agree with it. I did cringe a little at this:

Quote:
The album got them tagged as "the next U2," a ridiculously off-base coronation that ignores the fact that U2 recorded "I Will Follow", "New Year's Day", "Bad", and The Joshua Tree, among others, before they wandered off into the MOR wilderness.
Yikes, U2 in the middle-of-the-road wilderness This guy must not be a fan of anything U2 post Joshua Tree. I can't be surprised, though, it is pitchfork.

On the other hand, this might be a way of pitchfork giving U2 a complement without coming right out and saying so. I have a love/hate relationship with this site.
Old 06-07-2005, 05:37 PM   #65
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

Coldplay

I will now write the secret code to get back on your good side

ZoostationEvenbetterthantherealthingOneUntiltheendoftheworldWho´sgonnarideyourwildhorsesSocruelTheFlyMysteriouswaysTryingtothrowyourarmsaroundtheworldUltravioletAcrobatLoveisblindness

That should fix it
Old 06-07-2005, 05:46 PM   #66
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by yimou

ZoostationEvenbetterthantherealthingOneUntiltheendoftheworldWho´sgonnarideyourwildhorsesSocruelTheFlyMysteriouswaysTryingtothrowyourarmsaroundtheworldUltravioletAcrobatLoveisblindness

That should fix it

Old 06-07-2005, 06:40 PM   #67
War Child

for all those praying that these coldplay threads will go away.....just hang on until friday.
that's when all the "u2 setlists SUCK!" threads will take over our world again......
Old 06-07-2005, 08:33 PM   #68
The Male

Local Time: 06:39 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unosdostres14
[B]

YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF COLDPLAY!!!!!!!!111

THEY'RE THE GREATEST BAND ON THE HISTORY OF THE PLANET. WAY BETTER THAN THAT OTHER BAND CALLED YOU-TOO OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. COLDPLAY HAS COME OUT WITH A WHOPPING THREE AMAZING ALBUMS...WHICH AUTOMATICALLY PROPELS THEM TO THE STATUS OF BEST BAND ON EARTH.
ACTUALLY 4 AWESOME ALBUMS CAUSE THEY'RE AWESOME LIVE!!!!

LIVE 2003 IS COOL!!!!!

BUT YOU ALSO CANT FORGET ABOUT THEIR MANY SINGLES...THEY TOPPED THE CHARTS IN SCOTLAND YOU KNOW!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:36 PM   #69
The Male

..........my mistake sorry for the double post.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #70
Blue Crack Supplier

ALL COLDPLAY REVIEWS GO HERE... *points to the trash can*

sorry, it was too tempting.

Old 06-07-2005, 08:42 PM   #71
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by kakvox
Yeah, the pitchfork review, I knew that one was coming, and I have to agree with it. I did cringe a little at this:

Yikes, U2 in the middle-of-the-road wilderness This guy must not be a fan of anything U2 post Joshua Tree. I can't be surprised, though, it is pitchfork.

On the other hand, this might be a way of pitchfork giving U2 a complement without coming right out and saying so. I have a love/hate relationship with this site.
Achtung Baby dissing. THIS WILL NOT STAND!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:54 PM   #72
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I listened to X&Y on Rhapsody tonight while shopping online for new sandals (don't laugh, the trusty pair I wore for three years is shot and I can't find anything decent in any store in town). It seemed to take a long, long time for the album to end. Only on rare occassions did I hear something interesting enough to distract me from my shopping, and then it only lasted about 30 seconds and it was back to the same old same old. I actually liked the sort of countryish, acoustic song "Til Kingdom Come" at the end better than anything else on the album - maybe because they did something unexpected for once.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:32 AM   #73
Refugee

Local Time: 03:39 PM
Quote:
Zootlesque wrote: Next time I see the word 'Coldplay' anywhere in a new thread, I swear I'm going to look for filtering software that can automatically edit out the word Coldplay and replace it with the word 'overrated'. Then I'll just send a copy to Elvis or Sicy.
great post Zootlesque!
they are overrated fluffy-bunnies with lukewarm songs. i really hate all that boring falsettos. its on every song.. can't stand it
the world does not need coldplayers. the world needs hotplayers with their heart full of passion. all i wanna say is that we need more rockers
Old 06-08-2005, 06:54 AM   #74
Refugee

after 1 day of listening to it...i really like the album and i'm sure it will grow on me as the last 2 did. and as for the reviews...well if you base your music taste on reviews your pretty sad and need to get an opinion of your own. yes mags like Q and blender overrated it (Q did give the strokes room on fire 5 stars too ) and i think that some like rollingstone (sad excuse for a music mag) and pitchfork ( will give nothing a good review that's not from an indie band or radiohead) underestimated it.

i'm waiting to hold my judgement on this album til i have it for a few months. it might get better with subsequent listens it may lose some steam and not be played for months. but all in all whether this album turns out to be a mastrpiece and flop or somehwere in between i will still at the end of the day be a huge coldplay fan.

PS....i absolutely Talk. i can't stop listening to it.
Old 06-08-2005, 07:08 AM   #75
The Fly

Local Time: 02:39 PM
"yellow" is one of their best songs and is in my top ten list
I still prefer their first album.

Tags
coldplay