Centralia, PA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_man2002 said:
For me its all about the important stuff in life, ya know raising a family, kicking the winning points in the superbowl....passing Axver's post count.

Stuff like that!
lol, good luck with the last one! every time one of us makes a post, he makes ten!

and, i need to do work, so let's get into a new thread so i can make that my convenient stopping place for postwhoring.

post more, now!

Varitek said:
and, i need to do work, so let's get into a new thread so i can make that my convenient stopping place for postwhoring.

post more, now!

Where are we going? Dismal, TN?

I heard a bit of Bushs' speech, and thought it was a crack of bull shit from the second he opened his gob.

When is it going to come to an end seriously? There's lots of hungry starving Ethiopians running for maccas coupons that need saving more than this ridiculous war

/end weak political rant.

I still remember when the war started. I was in grade 11 and we all knew it was about to happen, so whenever I was in the library, I'd ask the librarians - who had the news on - if anything had happened. During my study lesson, we watched the footage of the first missiles hitting Baghdad.

I never thought five years later I'd be having this discussion.

KhanadaRhodes said:

me too
down.gif

fixed.

bono_man2002 said:
I heard a bit of Bushs' speech, and thought it was a crack of bull shit from the second he opened his gob.

I'm trying to think of one instance where this would not be applicable to a Bush speech.

I can't.

Axver said:
I still remember when the war started. I was in grade 11 and we all knew it was about to happen, so whenever I was in the library, I'd ask the librarians - who had the news on - if anything had happened. During my study lesson, we watched the footage of the first missiles hitting Baghdad.

I think I was sick at home from school that day. I can't believe it's been 5 years since it began.

Axver said:

i remember it too. i was home, and i remember watching the footage on cnn and was just utterly appalled. i could not honestly believe it was happening. and i too didn't think it'd still be going on five years later. so ridiculous.

I also remember hitting a guy with a plastic chair on 11 September ...

Well, 12 September for us.

ha, september 11th. i was home that day too because i didn't have college on tuesdays and thursdays. my dad was still home as he hadn't gone into work yet. i woke up, went into the living room, and he had on cnn (yeah, we're big cnn people if you can't tell already, we were even before all this crap) and he said "the world trade center collapsed." at this point i'd been awake for maybe thirty seconds, so i couldn't register it, so i mumbled something and went to go brush my teeth.

Oh I remember Sept 11th clearly.

I was listening to ABC Radio's Night Life program with Tony Delroy. And then they crossed live to the news room with the horrible announcement.

I then got up and mum and I turned on the TV and it was all over the place.

bono_man2002 said:

:laugh: What for?

At lunchtime, a group of us assembled in one classroom to watch TV. This complete arsehole who I always despised came in later, and started making all kinds of stupid comments. I got into an argument with him, lost my cool, picked up my chair, and hit him.

He left.

I haven't done anything quite like that before or since!

Axver said:

i protested right before it, in ny. i went to a dc protest before that, too. i guess that was spring of 10th grade.

i remember when we started bombing afghanistan too. i was in ny, at a friend's place, and we were up on her roof staring at the spot where the towers had been and were about to take the train downtown to ground zero. then she got a call saying turn on your tv, and we were bombing afghanistan. never have been to ground zero, walked thru the lobby once when i was like 12.

i think we'd just finished watching wag the dog, too.

Varitek said:
i protested right before it
:love: i've always wanted to go to a protest but it's never worked out. we've had protests here for the war but it is ALWAYS when i'm at work. case in point, there's one at the civil rights museum here, but it's saturday afternoon. and guess where i'll be then
down.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom