Bumpass, Virginia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LemonMacPhisto said:

Nice, you can do it. I got about 1340 on my first try, hopefully I can bring up my math score by the next one. Mac or PC preference for the laptop?

Well done. 1310 was my first score.

Probably PC. My father knows nothing about Macs and probably doesn't want to deal with any hassle. Plus, it's all I know.

You do better on math or reading?

Macs are pretty user-friendly on the first try, but PCs are still an awesome way to go - all depends on the hardware anyway. It's hard to get used to the no right-clicking on the mouses, but you can always plug in a PC mouse and it works just fine.

I did better on reading. Though the second time around I felt similar on reading and better on math, so I hope it improved. Another thing that pissed me off is that my 720 on the writing section is meaningless since colleges ignore that.

Have you used both? What do you use now?

I still need to register to take it the 2nd time. Git a 730 on the reading, 610 on the math.

Awesome with the 720 on the writing, I didn't do as well as I liked on there, so I'm glad they don't give a shit about it.

I use Macs at school for video editing and have gotten fairly familiar with them. At home, we're all PC, but I'm probably gonna end up getting a Macbook Pro or iMac for home in the next year or so.

phillyfan26 said:
The guy who assembled the collection put a song called "Parachute" by Guster on there instead of the actual track.

Funny, I liked that song because it had better vocals. I thought the vocalist was the guitarist or somebody.

:lmao:

I had 670 on the reading, 640 on the math.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole PC vs. Mac thing. I mean, I'd like to give Macs a shot, but at the same time it's such a big ticket item that I'm not sure I want to risk not liking it.

Varitek said:

It was a pretty mellow acoustic song, so it blended right in. I find it very amusing that the only track on there that wasn't theres was my favorite. It just shows that Coldplay has some things going for them, but other bands in the same genre execute much better.

phillyfan26 said:
I had 670 on the reading, 640 on the math.

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the whole PC vs. Mac thing. I mean, I'd like to give Macs a shot, but at the same time it's such a big ticket item that I'm not sure I want to risk not liking it.

True, plus you dive headfirst into the "WE WORSHIP MACS" cult. If it weren't for Final Cut Studio being the coolest video editing suite ever, I wouldn't favor Macs that much at all.

:lol: Just read a few pages back where you guys linked back to the Axver diary of my list. That's frustrating and hilarious at the same time.

phillyfan26 said:

It was a pretty mellow acoustic song, so it blended right in. I find it very amusing that the only track on there that wasn't theres was my favorite. It just shows that Coldplay has some things going for them, but other bands in the same genre execute much better.

That's my exact feeling on Coldplay. Intedomine begs to differ, however. Crackin' band.

LemonMacPhisto said:

True, plus you dive headfirst into the "WE WORSHIP MACS" cult. If it weren't for Final Cut Studio being the coolest video editing suite ever, I wouldn't favor Macs that much at all.

:lol: Just read a few pages back where you guys linked back to the Axver diary of my list. That's frustrating and hilarious at the same time.

Yeah, I know a guy who's obsessed with Macs, perfectly described as the cult you alluded to. He's a photographer so he likes the photo editing abilities.

I actually enjoy video production. I got my first video camera this past Christmas, and my only two projects so far were two small school videos (both of which are on Facebook). One of them was my third quarter Spanish quarter exam, which was supposed to be a group video project. Only I wasn't there the day they assigned groups, so I made mine by myself, playing two characters, accomplished by changing dress and editing out the turning on, walking up, walking off, and turning off. The other was a small physics thing with a couple neighborhood guys (my best friend, the friend everyone hates, and a third guy who's kind of weird) which we used in class to describe projectile motion.

I've always had an interest, but I don't take classes and just got the video camera, so it's not really a skill of mine necessarily.

LemonMacPhisto said:

That's my exact feeling on Coldplay. Intedomine begs to differ, however. Crackin' band.

Everyone seems to make fun of Intedomine, but I don't really follow since my posting in B&C has been mostly limited to Bowie, Springsteen, and playlist competitions. Is it because of Coldplay?

That's cool. There's some good programs on PCs like Avid or Adobe Premier Pro that are good for video editing, but they don't hold a candle to Final Cut.

I'm still unsure whether or not I overreacted at Ax's diary or not. Leaning towards the overreaction. This edition of DI put me in a shitty mood through most of it.

phillyfan26 said:

Everyone seems to make fun of Intedomine, but I don't really follow since my posting in B&C has been mostly limited to Bowie, Springsteen, and playlist competitions. Is it because of Coldplay?

It's because his/her opinions are so radically against everyone else's on there. Plus, he/she loves Gin Blossoms.

Me too. I felt that a lot of the criticisms for some of the playlists were just bullshit.

phillyfan26 said:
Me too. I felt that a lot of the criticisms for some of the playlists were just bullshit.

Exactly.

There's a growing elitist slant to it that I don't like being a part of.

For my genre introduction list, I wanted to start off with an EITS song. You think that's too greatest hitsy?

Fuck, why are they so fucking popular? Who doesn't know them?

I need to be more creative and show more effort.

Only then will the experience you create be worth listening to.

I think I've finished my DI V list, you interested in seeing it?

Please do. I'm about to leave, but I'll check it out when I return.

Off to the cousins' in Drexel Hill. Vazza, drive over to the 252 bridge over Route 1 and look for a green van. More instructions will follow.

phillyfan26 said:

Well done. 1310 was my first score.

Probably PC. My father knows nothing about Macs and probably doesn't want to deal with any hassle. Plus, it's all I know.

having just switched to a macbook from pc laptops - they are a little heavier than the pcs with the same specs, but WAY cheaper. they have some cool technology (garageband? imovie?) and i was terrified of no right click but it turns out, if you tap two fingers on the touchpad, it's a right click. also if you use two fingers to move up/down/r/l it scrolls. i'm happy, and i was terrified of the switch.

p.s. i hate the cult of mac, but i am starting to see why there is one!

the dashboard is ridiculously awesome. for example, i always am running a widget that automatically looks up the lyrics for your now playing song and adds them to its itunes info. and has a search function if it can't find them. it's beautiful. also there are some incredibly addictive games

phillyfan26 said:
Please do. I'm about to leave, but I'll check it out when I return.

Off to the cousins' in Drexel Hill. Vazza, drive over to the 252 bridge over Route 1 and look for a green van. More instructions will follow.

:scratch:

also i'm about to pass out, as i was up all night having the greatest (aka one of the worst) night of my life

KhanadaRhodes said:
is anyone here familiar with atlanta? like...neighbourhoods and roads (other than peachtree)? :wink:

I was just there a couple of weeks ago.

There's more or less two "downtowns" (split by a highway). I was in the up scale one with my hotel, but we went food shopping to the other "downtown," which was a real down-townish kind of place.

Which probably doesn't help you at all, but, yeah.

Varitek said:

having just switched to a macbook from pc laptops - they are a little heavier than the pcs with the same specs, but WAY cheaper. they have some cool technology (garageband? imovie?) and i was terrified of no right click but it turns out, if you tap two fingers on the touchpad, it's a right click. also if you use two fingers to move up/down/r/l it scrolls. i'm happy, and i was terrified of the switch.

I imagine my potential laptop will need some configuration from my father, so I'm wary of getting something he cannot help me with. We'll see. Actually need to get the 1400 first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom