Bumberry, NSW Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Screwtape2 said:

Just imagine what kind of unreleased stuff we get for TUF. How much of that will be better than the songs already there. See I really think the band are terrible at choosing which songs to finish. TUF was a great album and was their most cohesive album but I think when we see the unreleased tracks we'll see how much more it could have been.

Do you think there are a lot? Maybe a lot of instrumentals.... I don't know about anything else, though.

Screwtape2 said:

QFT! The Unforgettable Fire was great.

It's my 2nd favourite U2 album after The Joshua Tree (War is 3rd). I think it would have been my favourite, if it was 12 tracks instead of 10 (with Love Comes Tumbling and The Three Sunrises added).

Axver's Unforgettable Fire list is essentially the whole thing coming together. I think MLK is the only song worth cutting completely.

phillyfan26 said:
Axver's Unforgettable Fire list is essentially the whole thing coming together. I think MLK is the only song worth cutting completely.

Really? I like MLK. I think it would've been a great intro to another track. Too bad it's the album's closer. :wink:

the tourist said:
Ahh, I used New Year's Day, as it mateches up with a lot of the sounds of the more current bands I put songs on by.

Good call.

Honestly, the first two tracks I came up with in planning were Zooropa and this matching song. Originally that was my opening. It's shifted a little bit: now Zooropa opens Side B of my first disc.

the tourist said:

Really? I like MLK. I think it would've been a great intro to another track. Too bad it's the album's closer. :wink:

It's pointless as its own track. I think they should have saved it, and used it as a live intro like they use The Cry.

Do you think it's going to be like Wave of Sorrow and new vocals? Or do you think he recorded the vocals back then?

phillyfan26 said:

It's pointless as its own track. I think they should have saved it, and used it as a live intro like they use The Cry.

With the organ line, it would've been a good live intro to Streets.

Screwtape2 said:

I think it is Bono's best lyric and the bass and guitar are killer. :drool:

I'll give it another spin. It didn't reach out to me like a few other Joshua Tree B-sides (Luminous Times and Spanish Eyes would be those two).

Screwtape2 said:

It is early but right now it is in between Reel Around The Fountain by The Smiths and Marry Me by St. Vincent.
I've never heard either. :reject:

But I suppose that's part of what the game is about, eh?

Well, alright, if anyone has the track "Synchronicity II" by The Police.

Zooropa segues into that in my list. The match-up is almost perfect.

the tourist said:
Do you think it's going to be like Wave of Sorrow and new vocals? Or do you think he recorded the vocals back then?

I think it will be the original vocals. In interviews Bono said he liked his singing during that era. Though Bono is self-conscious and will probably record new vocals for some Boy through War extra tracks.

phillyfan26 said:
Well, alright, if anyone has the track "Synchronicity II" by The Police.

Zooropa segues into that in my list. The match-up is almost perfect.

I think I own one Police song because it was on the Wedding Singer soundtrack. :reject:

Screwtape2 said:

I think it will be the original vocals. In interviews Bono said he liked his singing during that era. Though Bono is self-conscious and will probably record new vocals for some Boy through War extra tracks.

I sincerely hope you're right. Bono's vocals from back then through the end of the Lovetown tour were as good as any singer's vocals throughout rock music.

Screwtape2 said:

what the hell are you guys talking about? did i miss something big?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom