Brand New Premiership Thread 06/07 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2007, 12:59 AM   #301
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:01 PM
West Ham should have had a points deduction. Very dodgy that Bury and AFC Wimbledon, teams with far less money than West Ham, can get thrown out of the cup while West Ham are given just a big fine.

Same should have applied to Leeds as well regarding the fielding of loan players earlier in the season.

Old 05-05-2007, 02:29 AM   #302
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
If i was a united fan i wouldn't be too dissapointed. Out of europe but with the league all but won and in the FA Cup final they have still had the kind of season supporters of other clubs can only dream about.
this is the kind of thinking i don't understand.

apparently SAF is more interested in winning the premier title than anything else this season. i'm pretty sure he's said so himself not that long ago.

to me, winning the champions league title has to be the most important thing any top-flight club should look to win.

nevertheless, i look forward to the fa cup. can't wait to see how that plays out.

Old 05-06-2007, 01:31 PM   #303
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:01 AM
Old 05-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #304
Refugee

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Fantastic day, UNITED are champions again, & KEANO'S Sunderland secred the Championship title, BRILLIANT!
Old 05-06-2007, 03:08 PM   #305
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
Old 05-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:01 AM
Well done united, they deserved the title this year. They played better football than Chelsea so i think the best team won.

Bit of a shame for us neutrals as i wanted chelsea to win today because it would have given wednesdays match some spice but as it is now it's a dead rubber so i won't bother watching it. I've got an essay to write anyway so it's probably a blessing in disguise

Went to Villa vs sheff united yesterday, wonderful atmosphere throughout and three excellent goals scored too. Can't wait for the summer now, Martin O'neill will have lots of money to spend and the team can train at the new 13m state of the art training ground that's just been built

Will be interesting to see how sunderland do next year considering most of the team are unknowns and dwight yorke now plays in a holding midfield role. very strange. but intruiging too.
Old 05-06-2007, 07:50 PM   #307
LJT
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So we have Keane, Bruce, Hughes........and Coppell...all ex-united players now managers in the Premier League...must be something they have in the water.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #308
Refugee

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Congrats. Well deserved they were the most consistent team in the Prem League this season (well except against Arsenal ofcourse ).
Old 05-06-2007, 09:42 PM   #309
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:01 PM
All the Bandwagoners will be happy
Old 05-07-2007, 06:28 AM   #310
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine
All the Bandwagoners will be happy
Yeah well Match Of The Day last night followed some of London based man united supporters watching the arsenal chelsea game yesterday as they watched it in a bar. They seemed pretty happy about it all. It still pissed me off though. There's about a million teams in london to choose from. Why don't they support their local one? i don't get it
Old 05-07-2007, 07:35 AM   #311
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:01 PM
Quote:

Yeah well Match Of The Day last night followed some of London based man united supporters watching the arsenal chelsea game yesterday as they watched it in a bar. They seemed pretty happy about it all. It still pissed me off though. There's about a million teams in london to choose from. Why don't they support their local one? i don't get it
Indeed, why not support Chelsea or Arsenal, or even Charlton, Fulham or Crystal Palace with their beautiful traditonal stadia?

If I was a Pom, my priority would be to support my most local League club, be it Yeovil or Colchester or Bolton.

Most frustrating is the disgraceful Roman Abramovich using his money to make Chelski a top team. If I had that money, I'd wanna steer Yeovil or Halifax to a European title. That'd be cool
Old 05-07-2007, 07:50 AM   #312
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by intedomine

Indeed, why not support Chelsea or Arsenal, or even Charlton, Fulham or Crystal Palace with their beautiful traditonal stadia?

If I was a Pom, my priority would be to support my most local League club, be it Yeovil or Colchester or Bolton.

Most frustrating is the disgraceful Roman Abramovich using his money to make Chelski a top team. If I had that money, I'd wanna steer Yeovil or Halifax to a European title. That'd be cool
Yeah i just can't imagine supporting a team hundreds of miles away from where i live and never going to matches to experience the sounds, sights, smells and atmosphere of a game.

I suppose Rupert Murdoch is partly to blame as Sky is always shoving the likes of arsenal, man united, liverpool and chelsea in your face whenever you turn the TV on. No wonder a lot of smaller clubs are going out of business and the local game is dying on its arse.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:57 AM   #313
Refugee

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Quote:

Oh dear 1Step, I'm really surprised at that comment coming from you, the Cockney Reds have been following United for decades, the reason United have such worldwide appeal, is first & foremost the Munich disaster, & the way the club rebuilt itself thereafter, & the style of play United have always tried to play, they are THE glamour club, not only in England but worldwide, madrid, barce, milan, & munich have global appeal now since football's profile has been raised so much in the last decade or so, but Uniteds worldwide appeal has been there for decades, & has obviously been enhanced since SAF started bringing so much success to the club, I seem to remember doug ellis being interviewed a few years ago bragging about how Villa had over 1.5 mill. fans in the UK, obviously not all LOCAL,any team in the Prem. La Liga, Serie A & The Bund, will have support throughout their own nations & beyond, its just that UNITED have soooooo many more, it really is a boring old chestnut of a subject, that should be laid to rest, or at least left to people who know sweet FA about the game, always have to laugh when I hear that "Glory Hunter" Shite, funny thing is, during the '70's &'80's I never once heard such a pile of shite levelled at liverpool fans, as they were winning titles, & Euro trophy's for fun, & don't for 1 minute try & make out they were all scousers who supported them, its the nature of the beast, kids see top teams on the box, usually a youngsters first introduction to the game, & soon they develop an allegiance to a team, nowadays, usually, United, arse, divvypool, & chelski, in England, & all the other usual suspects abroad.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:32 PM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Well let me make myself a bit more clear then. I know football is a global brand now so i don't have any problems with people from oversea's supporting the big teams or people who live in small towns and villages in england whos local team play in the Birds Eye Crispy pancakes league to 300 people every week or whatever. I just can't get my head around people living in a town or city with a well established team or even a number of teams (London for example) and yet supporting somebody else from a completely different city who are conveniently challenging for major honours every single year. Maybe i'm a bit old fashioned but it does baffle me genuinely.

I've never heard Doug Ellis say that although it wouldn't surprise me. He's come out with a lot of crap over the years. You'd think if we had a fanbase that large we'd be able to fill our stadium every week!

By the way i'm not having a go at united (i've never heard of the 'cockney reds'). It's just slightly worrying that the same four teams always finish in the champions league spots in the england as opposed to other european leagues where the likes of Seville, Devortivo, Werder Bremen ect will happily break the mould. And part of this is to do with fans just not bothering with their local sides and just liking what they see on tv (the same 4 big teams playing each other in cup finals) and following it.
Old 05-08-2007, 01:47 AM   #315
Refugee

Local Time: 04:01 AM
It's just a nature of a big club, more coverage (esp. globally), more money + well known players hence supporters everywhere. Actually, come to think of it, if I was still in Germany, I would've grown out of Bayern support and gone for a more local club. (Not to say that all big club supporters are just kids of course!)