Brand New Premiership Thread 06/07 - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2007, 05:20 AM   #166
The Fly

Local Time: 11:58 AM
Whats all this about then?

http://home.sky sports.com/articlefp.aspx?hlid=457343&channel=plato

Never heard of this fella. When I click on the news reports I'm directed to a very strange looking site that seems to be run by Sony. This man a fictional player? Never heard of the clubs he has played for, and with them transfer fees you would have thought he'd be well known.

This some bizzare publicity campaign by Sony?

Remember to take the space out of sky and sports.

Old 04-03-2007, 11:32 AM   #167
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm

The real Blues, thought Birmingham played yesterday.
..... ...how did they fair? See we did our usual everything but win trick .......as for all that european super league stuff, suits me, get rid of the top 4 for all i care, ruining the game with their billionairs and bottomless money bags...it'll be as corrupt as the italian league soon (if it isnt already)....

Old 04-06-2007, 12:55 AM   #168
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:58 AM
im really annoyed at scholes after wednesday, losing his head and getting sent off.

having said that i think utd have a good chance, 2nd leg at home is very important.

chelsea not looking so great, and now they've gotta go away to spain for leg 2.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:50 AM   #169
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 06:58 AM
Well, I mean it wasn't like he realized he already had a yellow card or anything. Pff, even more, it's not like he just got back from sitting out 3 games because of a suspension...

note: sarcasm.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:44 AM   #170
Refugee

Local Time: 10:58 AM
Totally agree with you there GP, he not only let the team down, but the fans and himself, Scholesy is a legend at United, but at a time in the season when injuries are really affecting the possible progress of the team, to get yourself sent off twice in a matter of a few weeks, is at best unprofessional, & at worst totally F***ING stupid!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:43 AM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Perhaps because united don't have a real ball winner in midfield, scholes feels the need to do some of that kind of dirty work himself. Which is quite silly as everyone knows he can't tackle for beans. He's one of the finest footballers of his generation and i can't understand why for the last 12 years or so that i've seen him play he feels the need to do a job that he's simply not good at. He let his side down in 1999 and if united go out next week (which with their depleted defence is about 50/50 i'd say) then many fingers will be pointed at him.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:36 AM   #172
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Which is quite silly as everyone knows he can't tackle for beans.
So true...
Old 04-07-2007, 02:31 PM   #173
Refugee

norwich 2 utd 0
wolves 1 utd 0
palace 0 utd 0
utd 0 s'land 0
pompey 2 utd 0
pompey 1 utd 0
pompey 2 utd 1

the consistant in all those results, utd played "weakened" teams, when the FUCK will they learn, play weakened teams in prem. matches you'll get your fucking arse kicked, who in GODS name starts a prem. match at this time in the season with chelsea breathing down your necks with fucking fletcher & richardson in the starting line up, time & again they proved beyond all shadow of doubt they haven't got what it takes at this level, take nothing away from pompey, but if giggs, & solskjaer had started the match the utd would have had far more attacking options, & IMO the outcome would have been totally different, & don't anyone dare say he probably had 1 eye on tues. night, fuck tues. night, the league is every teams bread & butter, Europe is just a bonus, take what comes in that competition, but don't weaken your team in the domestic comps. for it, especially at a ground where we've had our arses kicked more than once in recent seasons, if chelsea win the league this season, this weekend, more than any other will have been the turning point for them, they've been patiently waiting for a slip, a sign of weakness & fergie's handed them 1 on a fucking silver platter! Its only my opinion, but I'll put a tidy wager that chelsea start banging the goals in with far more frequency now.

If any good can come from that shambles it surely must be that even fergie will see just how FUCKING totally useless richardson, & fletcher are, & the pair of useless wankers will have played for UNITED for the last time, but I'm not holding my breath on that 1!
Old 04-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #174
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Well at least the title race is a bit more interesting for neutrals! (although i'm technically not a neutral as i really don't want chelsea to win it again and united play better football)

I still think united will win the title. Chelsea have a more difficult run in.

Man United run-in:
Sheffield United (H)
Middlesbrough (H)
Everton (A)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)

Chelsea's run-in:
West Ham (A)
Newcastle (A)
Bolton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man United (H)
Everton (H)

The next 2 games for united are very winnable and chelsea's next 2 are both potential banana skins.
Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 PM   #175
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:58 AM
ferdinand probably should have looked up first before he... um... scored on his own keeper.
Old 04-07-2007, 09:21 PM   #176
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoomerang96
ferdinand probably should have looked up first before he... um... scored on his own keeper.
Ya think? Perhaps lack of communication? I dunno...

We had our chances. Portsmouth was clearly prepared at the start to be quick on the ball whereas Man Utd. seemed a bit slow.

The first goal...it starts with Fletcher. Yeah he got his foot on the ball, but personally, I think he was out of position on the throw-in causing his deflection to go backwards right? Then, Richardson...GET IT OUT!! And finally, Ferdinand...slow on the challenge. Goal. The rest is playing behind and the breaks didn't go our way.

Give credit to James though too...

Anyone somewhat upset with the offsides call on Rooney?
Old 04-08-2007, 02:45 AM   #177
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Got Philk?

Give credit to James though too...

Anyone somewhat upset with the offsides call on Rooney?
Fair point on James, he did make some good saves, the offsides, in some matches they go for you in others they don't, as I said yesterday IMO, the main reason for the defeat is fielding a weakened, unbalanced side, in previous seasons its backfired on Utd. but the overall outcome probably hasn't been as bad, because the chances of winning the title haven't been as great as this season, I don't know, maybe its just me over reacting to a defeat, but I can't help thinking we've handed chelsea exactly what they've been waiting for,a chance, even with the far superior goal diff. at present, its now back in chelsea's hands as much as it is Utd's, if for example they beat Utd, at the bridge, & win all their other matches, & Utd win all but the chelsea game its down to goal diff. at present Utd are favourites, but its not beyond the realms of possibility for chelsea to bang 3 or 4 in, in a couple of those matches, plus a repeat of last seasons scoreline at the bridge & all of a sudden goal diff. is very tight.
I think fergie dropped a major clanger in trusting in fletcher & richardson to do a job they aren't, & have never been up to.
1 more thing, again its only my opinion but I have a really strong feeling a certain scouse member of the OT playing staff could be making a shock departure in the summer, & also a certain yorkshireman, although in his case I have a great amount of sympathy for him, as I don't think he's been given a fair crack of the whip since coming to OT, hope I'm wrong on both counts, but, certainly with the scouser there's something in Rooney's body language that says to me all is not right!
Old 04-08-2007, 02:50 AM   #178
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
Well at least the title race is a bit more interesting for neutrals! (although i'm technically not a neutral as i really don't want chelsea to win it again and united play better football)

I still think united will win the title. Chelsea have a more difficult run in.

Man United run-in:
Sheffield United (H)
Middlesbrough (H)
Everton (A)
Man City (A)
Chelsea (A)
West Ham (H)

Chelsea's run-in:
West Ham (A)
Newcastle (A)
Bolton (H)
Arsenal (A)
Man United (H)
Everton (H)

The next 2 games for united are very winnable and chelsea's next 2 are both potential banana skins.
Hope you're right 1Step, & yes chelsea's next couple of matches do look tricky, plus the arse game, but I just feel Utd handed them enough of a psychological edge yesterday to do enough in all their remaining league games to gain maximum points between now & the end of the season, I think the arse game really is their toughest challenge remaining, how ironic would that be if that nice man arsene wengers team took 3pts off them, & gave Utd a big boost in the run-in.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:57 AM   #179
Acrobat

Local Time: 09:28 PM
...the scouser wants to come back to a real club
Old 04-08-2007, 01:22 PM   #180
Rock n' Roll Doggie

i think Wigan could be in real trouble if they lose to villa tomorrow. They took a demoralising defeat yesterday to bolton and with the way we played at blackburn yesterday they could be in for a real last few games dogfight.

A shame really as i quite like wigan, they're not afraid to try and play nice attacking football (although signing emile heskey in the summer did some damage towards their idea of playing nice football). Watford are already down. My other 2 preferred choices are west ham and sheff united. I think charlton may well stay up now. I like alan pardew and he was treated so badly at west ham. 4 games is all he got under magnusson. Pretty shameful i think.