BOY OH BOY WOWEE It's the 2014 AFL Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welp. I'm not tipping 9 this week.

I'm staring down the barrel of 0-3 right now. Ugh.

While Vlad despairs about being a mere three goals behind Sydney (yes, Sanderson's totally going to get fired for keeping in touch with a top four favourite), the much bigger story is the much-maligned Dogs currently leading the much-praised Richmond by over thirty points right now.

I'm despairing because we're still doing the same thing over and over again.

Richmond somehow caught up to the Doggies and Adelaide got within points of catching up to Sydney but now they're both behind again. DAMNIT DON'T GIVE MY TIPS FALSE HOPE GUYS.

This team is like a scripted play. Everything that happens is predictable.

When's Sanderson going to feel the heat? He's responsible for this dirge.

I'm sorry, but I can't cheer for Richmond here, a legitimate threat. The fewer points they have down the stretch, the better.

Too bad the Doggies are total trash.

Fucking up absolutely every forward entry. Why the fuck is our forward coach a midfielder.

Fuck I can't believe the Dogs held on. Goddamnit. I'm really not a fan of the Dogs - perhaps it's their crappy nickname or their boring uniform - and hate to see them knock off a team I like as much as Richmond. Looks like an exciting finish though, and the Dogs have really improved from the doledrums of mid-2013. What does this say about the Tiges though?

Now, Axver, do you have an idea why I was despairing last week, and earlier? I hope it's obvious now.

As a club, we're fucked. Shit coach, shit administration, no heart, no hope.

No, you're completely over the top on this Vlad, and I really don't see you having much credibility on the Crows, especially as you usually just fall into the two most common traps of the disgruntled sports fan: blaming the coach or the umpires.

I take you more seriously when you talk about any other team, since you're more willing to look at them in a sober, dispassionate way than your own lot (well except Port!).

We've been thrashed in all fucking 3 of our matches so far. Every match has followed the same script. The club is going down the drain.

We're bottom 2 material. Sanderson has achieved the dubious honour of being even worse than Neil Craig in 2010/11.

Our season is already over and it's got to the point where I wonder if we will actually even win a game.

Honestly, answer me this, how do you have a very similar number of scoring shots and yet manage to lose by 10+ goals to a team which had been down and out after the first two rounds? Why should you be allowed to keep your job as a coach if this keeps on happening over and over?

Good lord Vlad you're really over-reacting. Adelaide may not be top six material, but they're not bottom six either. You've had a hard start to the season against difficult opposition - on paper, Sydney and Geelong are top four and Port seem to have built on last year's success and might be top six - and yet you stayed competitive for most of those games. The Geelong game, for instance, wasn't a blowout until the final quarter.

Your next four games - St Kilda, GWS, the Doggies, Melbourne - are against teams clearly beneath your level. If you lose those in the same fashion, you have an argument. For now, "bottom two" claims are sheer hysterics that nobody should entertain seriously.

I have no confidence in winning any of those matches. We're not bottom six, we're worse than that.

It's really as bad as it sounds, and I'd wager a lot of supporters would also agree. At this point in time, we've got no hope.

What would make you happy, Vlad? I'm serious. I feel like you've been unrelentingly negative in the footy thread for years (insofar as the Crows go anyway), even when Adelaide did well in Sanderson's first year. Always doom and gloom. I sometimes think you hate the Crows more than Port supporters do. I'm honestly having trouble imagining what they could do to receive praise from you, and stop you from imagining the next disaster around the corner.

Replace the administration, since they somehow kept their jobs after the Tippett debacle? Get rid of the coach, the fitness coach, and perhaps get someone who was an actual forward to be the forward line coach? Why should I (and others) have to put up with this garbage? We weren't great to begin with but each round our performance is poorer and poorer.

I just want to see performances which do justice to the talent on offer.

1. you're starting to sound like joerags, if his issue was supporting Adelaide and not the fact he'd never been laid.
2. I think it's hilarious that you are unrelenting in shitting on your favourite football team, but if anyone dares make a negative comment about one of your favourite bands in U2 you get incredibly defensive and positive.
3. you've probably got a right to complain about today's loss. that's a shocker.
4. Ax is right though, your negativity is out of control. to say you aren't confident you'll beat at least Melbourne is a joke. if you lose those four games, then you will absolutely have an argument.

GWS have been pretty good, even the Dogs had a good win, and St. Kilda have exceeded expectations so far. Why is it unreasonable to say that we can lose any (or all) of these? St. Kilda at Etihad is not an easy trip, likewise the Dogs at that same ground. GWS play with more endeavour than we do.

Although there's a bit of hyperbole going on from my side, my opinions are representative of fellow supporters.

but if anyone dares make a negative comment about one of your favourite bands in U2 you get incredibly defensive and positive.

What? I haven't done this in ages. Don't pull out rubbish.

Well you responded pretty quick to my comment in RMT the other night. It's acceptable to hate on them given the bullshit they've peddled since the tour ended (and including some of their choices on the tour, come to think of it).

Anyway, will be watching my first full game of footy tonight. The Pies usually grow a leg against us, like they did early last season, so we'll see how we go.

Well you responded pretty quick to my comment in RMT the other night. It's acceptable to hate on them given the bullshit they've peddled since the tour ended (and including some of their choices on the tour, come to think of it).

It wasn't a defense of the band though :lol:, and I don't even disagree with the belief that they've peddled a lot of bullshit, so that doesn't count. I'm not even that positive about the band myself. You're reaching for straws here.

Who wins tonight Danny? No Brown for us tonight will hurt a bit and if I were lining up against Pendles maybe give him a kick in the ankle :wink:

I do like our ins however. I'll say Pies by 15, but with no real confidence on which Collingwood team turns up :shrug:

It wasn't a defense of the band though :lol:, and I don't even disagree with the belief that they've peddled a lot of bullshit, so that doesn't count. I'm not even that positive about the band myself. You're reaching for straws here.

It seemed to imply that you think people are too negative of U2 on these forums though, which I don't agree with. Anyway, footy's on.

Who wins tonight Danny? No Brown for us tonight will hurt a bit and if I were lining up against Pendles maybe give him a kick in the ankle :wink:

I do like our ins however. I'll say Pies by 15, but with no real confidence on which Collingwood team turns up :shrug:

I'm saying us by about the same margin, but with no real confidence either :lol:

Really looking forward to hearing some BT gold tonight.

Also, much as I want to see Richmond doing well, I like the Dogs too, they've been down for a while but have some real talent coming through so great for them. Jack Riewoldt's self-imposed media ban must be over, he was on 7 before. Wish Richmond would let him play as a genuine full forward more often. Also awesome that the Suns smashed Brisbane, and Ablett showed once again that he is the best player in the comp by a mile.

When's the last time the umpires called back for a ball up after the player kicking in as kicked in over the goal square? Can't remember the last time that happened.

Back
Top Bottom