Bon Bon Reserve Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bonnie and Danny, eek! I once stabbed myself in the fingertip with a leather-working tool in art at school, I swear it went a long way in but there was no blood at all.

Congrats on your FB abstinence, Daniel! I keep telling myself I'll leave it, but if I did I'd probably fall out of the social loop immediately. Although maybe these bloody sponsored posts will drive me over the edge.

It's a hell of a rigmarole, buying a house, Reggo... I've seen that from my friends doing it. Almost as much drama as marriage and having kids.

Nicely put, Ax. And good on you Danny for looking for logical counter-arguments... although I'm sometimes skeptical about how effective they are on the sort of people that like to spout things like that.

Wow. Stay classy, eh.

Nicely put, Ax. And good on you Danny for looking for logical counter-arguments... although I'm sometimes skeptical about how effective they are on the sort of people that like to spout things like that.

I figure that looking for counter-arguments is often more for your own benefit than anything - critical thinking skills, making sure you can actually justify your own stance, whatever.

Whatchu up to, Reggo?
Buyin' a house.

Bonnie and Danny, eek! I once stabbed myself in the fingertip with a leather-working tool in art at school, I swear it went a long way in but there was no blood at all.

Congrats on your FB abstinence, Daniel! I keep telling myself I'll leave it, but if I did I'd probably fall out of the social loop immediately. Although maybe these bloody sponsored posts will drive me over the edge.

It's a hell of a rigmarole, buying a house, Reggo... I've seen that from my friends doing it. Almost as much drama as marriage and having kids.
It is possible to stab yourself with a small object and there not be any blood, as long as you don't hit any vessels. :shrug:

You use Firefox or Chrome, yes? Download adblock. All ads go bye-bye.

I know. I'm just sick of all the bloody paperwork.

Works on facebook ads at least. gmail, yahoo mail, cracked, pop-ups, cheezburger, huffington post, pretty much everywhere that has ads, it will block them. I have yet to see one slip through.

Ashley, if you hate me and/or think I'm crazier than ever after what I posted on your facebook page, I understand.

That's a pretty common song for people to suggest when it is another individual's birthday. I find nothing crazy about it :p

:eek:

Here's the original file, in all its ugly sketchy glory:

bigrobert.jpg

reggo - just so ya know, that paperwork bullshit will never end.

Imagine it doubled and you've got my life. It gets worse when the husband gets a wild hair up his arse and decides to refinance both houses....

I had something else to say, but I can't remember it now.

Ashley/Bonnie, that may be the best non-tuf-bono avatar ever.

It sure looks swell as an avatar. I'm rapt you guys like it.

I just had dinner at a fantastic Afghan restaurant. Slaxver, next time you're in town, we're all kinds of going. I'm not even kidding when I say that this is probably the first restaurant I've been to where I wouldn't hesitate to order anything on the menu - which I attribute to the lack of seafood, pine nuts and artichokes. We tried a whole bunch of things there and absolutely all of it was grand. And, though I am a savoury buff, Afghan desserts/sweet drinks truly are a beautiful thing that we should feel privileged to be on the same planet as.

We're jumping on a plane.

No, really, we've discovered that if you're willing to fly at shitty o'clock, you can spend a whole day in nearby interstate cities (Adelaide, Sydney, Hobart, Launceston) for less than it would cost to get a hotel room for the night, or to rent a car and drive to somewhere nearby in Victoria. When we have a free day, we might just pop over to Radelaide!

Also, who (within reach) wants to join me to see this?

What's On - Kodo and TaikOz In Concert

I've seen TaikOz a number of years ago and it was fucking incredible, if you like lots of percussion and ridiculous athleticism in one thunderous performance.

As cool as that sounds, $40 for the cheapest tickets versus FIVE(!) free bands at Northcote? I'm afraid that decision is easy.

Yeah! They've done a couple of four-band line-ups lately, with the fourth a surprise announcement revealed the day beforehand. For 24/09, they've already announced four bands and "one more that mustn't be mentioned yet".

Though I'm going to need to find somebody to come with me, since it's during Charlotte's research trip to the Middle of Nowhere, Central Victoria.

Which Middle Of Nowhere is that?

Also: Fuck! Forgot to print my Alpine ticket yesterday... the toner's stuffed in my printer, too. I think I'm going to have to go into the office at work (if my pass will let me in on a weekend) and print it there... I'm going to dinner before the gig so I won't get there until well after doors.

Do you want to e-mail me the ticket? Oh wait, if you're not getting there until well after, might be hard to give it to you ...

Yeah, I'll try work first. If all else fails I might ask you to bring it in, but I don't want to drag you or Charlotte out of there once you've got your spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom