Bogan Gate, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I'm going to have an early night. I have a somewhat busy day tomorrow.

Keep the thread alive, folks. :wave:

So in my boredom at work, I was playing with stats for DI. The first one was for diversity, which I mentioned yesterday. Here's the full list - it's based on a minimum of three DI tournaments, of which only nine people qualified:

1. LJT -- 131 songs, 116 different artists = 88.5%
2. phanan -- 99 songs, 76 different artists = 76.7%
3. Lancemc -- 87 songs, 60 different artists = 68.9%
4. Screwtape2 -- 90 songs, 61 different artists = 67.7%
5. KhanadaRhodes -- 95 songs, 64 different artists = 67.3%
6. LemonMacPhisto -- 148 songs, 87 different artists = 58.7%
7. BonoIsMyMuse - -110 songs, 64 different artists = 58.1%
8. impy13 -- 93 songs, 50 different artists = 53.7%
9. Axver -- 136 songs, 73 different artists = 53.6%

Yeah, it was on the Greatest Hits, but there's a reason. Really great song.

Most of the songs are better suited acoustically, but I think a couple could have had interesting full band arrangements too. Johnny 99 comes to mind.

phanan said:
I was curious to see which artists have appeared the most in the DI tournaments, so that's my next geek task.

U2 is way ahead, obviously. Then it gets interesting.

I'd be interested too. I'm guessing Radiohead is up there somewhere.

phillyfan26 said:
Yeah, it was on the Greatest Hits, but there's a reason. Really great song.

Most of the songs are better suited acoustically, but I think a couple could have had interesting full band arrangements too. Johnny 99 comes to mind.

And you've just touched upon what is considered by many Springsteen enthusiasts to be the holy grail of unreleased material.

The Nebraska album is really just a bunch of demos that Springsteen put to tape. He then later recorded those songs with the E Street Band, decided he liked the demos better, and just released them that way. Those electric versions with the E Street Band have never been released, and everyone is dying to hear them.

If you've heard Atlantic City live with E Street, you get an idea of what it might have been like in the studio with them.

phanan said:
And you've just touched upon what is considered by many Springsteen enthusiasts to be the holy grail of unreleased material.

The Nebraska album is really just a bunch of demos that Springsteen put to tape. He then later recorded those songs with the E Street Band, decided he liked the demos better, and just released them that way. Those electric versions with the E Street Band have never been released, and everyone is dying to hear them.

If you've heard Atlantic City live with E Street, you get an idea of what it might have been like in the studio with them.

Yeah, I'm aware of its history. I've not heard Atlantic City live, though.

It really is something to be able to record an entire album in one day in your home and release it. And to have it be that good is really something else.

phanan said:

Yeah, they are up there. I've only done six so far. It takes a while going through them all.

Care to guess who is in second place right now, after U2?

The Beatles?

phillyfan26 said:

Yeah, I'm aware of its history. I've not heard Atlantic City live, though.

It really is something to be able to record an entire album in one day in your home and release it. And to have it be that good is really something else.

Have you ever heard the complete Nebraska tape? It's out there, and includes the other songs that didn't make it onto the album, primarily because for those ones, he liked the electric versions better and kept them for Born In The U.S.A.

Hey guys.

I would kill to hear that E Street Nebraska. State Trooper's my fave off that album.

I'd imagine R.E.M. being up there, too.

The results so far (and keep in mind that for DI1, you could use artists more than once):

U2 - 95
The Beatles - 50
Pink Floyd - 47
Radiohead - 42
R.E.M. - 40
Bruce Springsteen - 35

Still have to do Rolling Stones, Arcade Fire, Led Zeppelin, etc.

DI 1 was crazy.

Pretty close to watch I'd imagined for the most featured list.

It's funny - we're going in opposite directions this time, at least possibly if I go through with mine. While I feature new wave on my playlists, this one might have the most of that genre than any previous one.

Ooh, I like previews. Just don't show me too much - I like the element of surprise. :sexywink:

phanan said:
It's funny - we're going in opposite directions this time, at least possibly if I go through with mine. While I feature new wave on my playlists, this one might have the most of that genre than any previous one.

Ooh, I like previews. Just don't show me too much - I like the element of surprise. :sexywink:
oooh :drool: i can't wait to see your theoretical one then :wink:

:hmm: i guess i could take a screenshot of part of it. but which part?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom