Blubberhouses, Yorkshire, England Superthread - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2008, 04:58 AM   #316
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:33 PM
OK, time to polish off the short series with S 311 and Friends at the Creek Sidings.

Here it is side-on, with a bunch of bogies and stuff in the foreground and the Southern Star Observation Wheel in the background.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 04:59 AM   #317
Vocal parasite

And the last of the five pictures: this is at the southern end of the sidings and I think it looks rather quaint, like a scene from a couple of decades ago.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 05:01 AM   #318
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Looks good to me, but trusting my eyes probably isn't smart.

And god, photographing on cloudy days gives the must dull backgrounds, doesn't it? It's why I haven't been out photographing much lately.
It's actually come up rather well.

If I could get more into the background of airport photos, I'd be more inclined to go out on cloudy days...and sunny days are so few and far between.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:02 AM   #319
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
OK, time to polish off the short series with S 311 and Friends at the Creek Sidings.

Here it is side-on, with a bunch of bogies and stuff in the foreground and the Southern Star Observation Wheel in the background.

Oooh, that's a very good shot.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:03 AM   #320
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
And the last of the five pictures: this is at the southern end of the sidings and I think it looks rather quaint, like a scene from a couple of decades ago.

Heh, that does look rather peaceful.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:03 AM   #321
Blue Crack Supplier

Follow up on the 747 I posted earlier.

Now that's blurry!
Old 08-01-2008, 05:05 AM   #322
Blue Crack Supplier

Apart from some odd blurriness, this came out well. Looking really carefully, I can see the landing light reflecting on the fuselage just in front of the wing.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:05 AM   #323
Vocal parasite

I clearly took this photo with you in mind, Ian. What a fucking dull day the 4th of June was!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 05:07 AM   #324
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
If I could get more into the background of airport photos, I'd be more inclined to go out on cloudy days...and sunny days are so few and far between.
I imagine you'd have a field day with background scenery in Wellington if you could find a good spot there.

Quote:
Oooh, that's a very good shot.
Thanks.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 05:09 AM   #325
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I imagine you'd have a field day with background scenery in Wellington if you could find a good spot there.
There's a lot of cool spots in Wellington. I see great photos from there....it's just, when I'm in Wellington I tend to be doing other stuff.

Perhaps I should pick a day to hang around the airport there.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:11 AM   #326
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I clearly took this photo with you in mind, Ian. What a fucking dull day the 4th of June was!

Cool shot! It looks like a typical midwinter day....particularly uninspiring.
Old 08-01-2008, 05:13 AM   #327
Vocal parasite

Quote:
There's a lot of cool spots in Wellington. I see great photos from there....it's just, when I'm in Wellington I tend to be doing other stuff.

Perhaps I should pick a day to hang around the airport there.
I presume that if you've got a good enough zoom, somewhere from the nearby hills would be absolutely ideal for photography.

Next time I go back, I'm hoping to get some time for some quality trainspotting. I have too few photos of Kiwi trains. What makes it a bit tedious is that the train frequency in Wellington isn't what it is here and I don't have anybody to go railfanning with there. Might have to get more active on the Kiwi railway mailing lists and find someone to meet up with.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 05:14 AM   #328
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Cool shot! It looks like a typical midwinter day....particularly uninspiring.
Heh, thanks. It was such a dull day that my camera fogged up and a few shots that should be awesome are totally blurred and worthless. It's not even the kind of fogging up that produces an eerie effect.

And although they aren't uploaded now, sometime soon watch out for pictures with the Telstra Dome in the background all over the show. I just reviewed them now and there's some sweet shots. Will probably take some time to upload, though.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 05:16 AM   #329
Vocal parasite

I like the reflection of the Comeng on the side of the Hitachi set in this photo.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 08-01-2008, 05:20 AM   #330
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I presume that if you've got a good enough zoom, somewhere from the nearby hills would be absolutely ideal for photography.

Next time I go back, I'm hoping to get some time for some quality trainspotting. I have too few photos of Kiwi trains. What makes it a bit tedious is that the train frequency in Wellington isn't what it is here and I don't have anybody to go railfanning with there. Might have to get more active on the Kiwi railway mailing lists and find someone to meet up with.
Even just getting more than sky in the background of a shot would suit me fine.

I could handle doing some trainspotting...it would be nice to photograph something other than planes.

Tags
superthread