Big Bone Lick State Park, Kentucky, USA Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're scared and you're thinking
That maybe we ain't that young anymore
Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me

Best part of the song IMO.

Born On The Run's lyrics are so fucking awesome. Wish I could write an album of stuff like this.

Backstreets is up next...surprisingly, Thunder Road is probably my least favorite so far. I love the other two, but merely like that one.

The guitar solo on Backstreets is really moving to me for some reason. Lyrics are again really awesome.

Very cool song. The only thing I would have wished for was a minute or so instrumental break right as it climaxes at about 5:30. But it's fine.

Title track is next. That's an instant 5/5 every time.

Btw, the Coldplay B-side is really, really cool. I hope this is a hint of the kind of direction they took on the album. While I like Violet Hill, it didn't exactly shift gears too much (although the guitar is very welcome).

Wendy let me in I wanna be your friend
I want to guard your dreams and visions
Just wrap your legs 'round these velvet rims
and strap your hands across my engines

Screwtape should eat this up. :wink:

Seriously, I love this song.

phanan said:

He should eat up the entire album. It's right down his romantic alley.

I have no idea what he's waiting for. :tsk: I know why I waited; because I'd already heard a bunch of Springsteen's work. But hey, you have to take the plunge sometime.

She's The One is pretty. People actually dislike this song?

LemonMelon said:

I have no idea what he's waiting for. :tsk: I know why I waited; because I'd already heard a bunch of Springsteen's work. But hey, you have to take the plunge sometime.

She's The One is pretty. People actually dislike this song?

Not that I know of. It smokes.

Screwtape, go back a few pages and check out the blogs I posted. Born To Run is on one of them for your listening pleasure.

phanan said:
Screwtape, go back a few pages and check out the blogs I posted. Born To Run is on one of them for your listening pleasure.
:tsk: they're on this page for me. you must be one of those losers who views like 10 posts per page or something :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom