Baseball Returneths - The MLB Thread: Spring Training Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
such a beautiful sight...

capt.flrd10502161954.mets_spring_training_baseball_flrd105.jpg

capt.flrd10102161912.mets_spring_training_flrd101.jpg

capt.b02dba2972f9408d981cde190f325f64.yankees_spring_training_baseball_flrb106.jpg

capt.79f1b328018042aaa1ae303008e328dc.dodgers_spring_baseball_flrs107.jpg

capt.34a62bdc854e4e10a398fcffdabfe3a0.white_sox_spring_baseball_azca104.jpg

:drool:

No Rangers photos :sad:

A little Millwood action coming atcha

Just hoping this won't be Chan Ho Version 2.0

It will be interesting to see how the Mets blow it again with all they talent they have bought

Chizip said:
It will be interesting to see how the Mets blow it again with all they talent they have bought

as opposed to seeing how the cardinals will blow it again with all the homegrown talent like chris carpenter, mark mulder, jason isringhausen, jim edmonds & scott rolen.

oh wait i know how... they just signed braiden looper.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
such a beautiful sight...

capt.34a62bdc854e4e10a398fcffdabfe3a0.white_sox_spring_baseball_azca104.jpg

Jim Thome is the best...several years back while he was with Cleveland, our Little Leaguers took "the field" at Angel Stadium; it was Little League Day at the park and the kids are allowed to walk the infield and dug out areas...Jim Thome was sitting on the bench, checking the pre-game festivities and I mentioned to our youngest how hard work got Jim Thome where he was now...I pointed to him and he pointed to Daniel and said, 'You mind your Daddy and clean your room!" He gave Dan a thumbs up....:lol:

We couldn't get home fast enough, Dan's room was clean within the hour...role models for a little kid :up:

it's wishful thinking on my part.

i know we do not have the starting pitching...but i think the mets might have the talent to overtake the braves this season in the NL East.

He should be in a Phillies uniform. :grumpy:

:hyper: spring training :hyper:

It's my goal to get to at least a few MLB games this year. I'm going to be working all summer in the US (although I don't know where yet), so as long as they don't stick me in Des Moines, I should be able to go to a few games. :D

Numb1075 said:
it's wishful thinking on my part.

i know we do not have the starting pitching...but i think the mets might have the talent to overtake the braves this season in the NL East.

i do think the mets will make the playoffs this year, and i will pick them to win the NL East (officialy giving them the black kiss of death :banghead: )... and once you get into the playoffs ya never know what can happen... plus there's always the chance that they could add a starting pitcher somewhere durring the season, a barry zito or someone like that.

and hey... besides those on the south side of chicager, did anyone really expect the white sox pitching staff to do what they did last year?

if pedro is pedro, heilman proves that last year wasn't a fluke, glavine is respectible, trachsel comes back into form after the injury last year and zambrano just doesn't suck, the mets could be right there.

but that's too many if's for me to just flat out say they'll win the national league...

houston still has the best pitching, but their offense still sucks... st. louis is probably still the best team, but i cant' in good faith pick a team with braiden looper to win the NL, and i think their starting pitching's a bit over-rated... i think atlanta finally lost the one free agent they couldn't lose... leo mazzone. he was the guru, the pitching genius, the bellichick, if you will... and now he's gone (to turn kris benson into the 17 game winner he never would have been with the mets :mad: )... just having bonds in the lineup last year, even a mediocre bonds, helped push the giants towards a late run in that horrific NL west... if he's healthy all year and productive, ya never know what they'll do... but, alas, i can't pick them because they have armando.

so the 2006 world series? rockies vs. tigers... bitches. :wink:

Re: Re: Baseball Returneths - The MLB Thread: Spring Training Edition

DaveC said:

He should be in a Phillies uniform. :grumpy:

:hyper: spring training :hyper:

It's my goal to get to at least a few MLB games this year. I'm going to be working all summer in the US (although I don't know where yet), so as long as they don't stick me in Des Moines, I should be able to go to a few games. :D

actually i think the phillies made out quite nicely by getting rid of an aging, injury prone thome... aaron rowand could hit 40 in that ballpark, and ryan howard could turn into an ortiz-like beast. his numbers last year projected over a 162 game season put him at .228, 41 dongs and 116 ribies...

if their pitching didn't suck, i'd pick the phillies to win the NL east.

pedro 16-9
Glavine 15-10
Trachsel 14-10
Heilman 15-11
Zambrano - 12-12

that's not unrealistic assuming they all stay relatively healthy

looks similar to those 1986 starting 5 stats.:wink:

ok i bit... it's only two days into pitchers and catchers and i'm already too giddy to not do my predictions already... so here we go, let's start with the junior circut

American League

AL East
1. New York Yankees- 101-61
2. Boston Red Sox- 90-72
3. Toronto Blue Jays- 87-75
4. Baltimore Orioles- 78-84
5. Tampa Bay Devil Rays- 65-97

AL Central
1. Cleveland Indians- 95-67
2. Chicago White Sox- 94-68
3. Minnesota Twins- 83-79
4. Detroint Tigers- 79-83
5. Kansas City Royals- 62-100

AL West
1. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, San Diego, San Bernando & Tijuana- 93-69
2. Texas Rangers- 88-74
3. Oakland A's- 81-81
4. Seattle Mariners- 78-84

National League

NL East
1. New York Mets- 95-67
2. Philadelphia Phillies- 88-74
3. Atlanta Braves- 83-79
4. Washington Nationals- 79-83
5. Florida Marlins- 60-102

[/b]NL Central[/b]
1. St. Louis Cardinals- 92-70
2. Houston Astros- 90-72
3. Chicago Cubs- 85-77
4. Pittsburgh Pirates- 81-81
5. Milwaukee Brewers- 79-83
6. Cincinatti Reds- 70-92

NL West
1. San Francisco Giants- 83-79
2. Los Angeles Dodgers- 81-81
3. San Diego Padres- 80-82
4. Arizona Diamondbacks- 77-85
5. Colorado Rockies- 70-92

ALDS
Yankees over White Sox
Indians over Angels

NLDS
Mets over Astros
Cardinals over Giants

ALCS
Indians over Yankees

NLCS
Headache over Chizip

World Series
Mets over Indians... ok, wishful thinking, but eh, why the hell not.

AL MVP- Travis Hafner
NL MVP- David Wright
AL Cy Young- :shrug: Johan Santana
NL Cy Young- Jason Schmidt
AL Manager of the Year- Eric Wedge
NL Manager of the Year- Willie Randolph

World Series
Mets over Indians... ok, wishful thinking, but eh, why the hell not.

That would work for me but the result would be different!

Go Tribe!

This world series thing, is it the rounders equivalent of Footballs World Cup, or is it just coz no other country in the world plays rounders after junior school. you have to call it a world series just to make it sound more important than it actually is?

Back
Top Bottom